• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking for Good Car around 3 ~ 3.5 M

KasunW

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a good-looking car to buy as my first vehicle. I'm not a big fan of hatchback models and looking for a sedan type.  Also, I'm in more favor of sports type cars. (not a hardcore sportscar but an average car with good horsepower )

I have in mind Honda Civic and Mitsubishi Lancer. Speaking of Honda civic, I need to know their different versions available in the Sri Lankan market and their pros and cons. I need to know the difference between the RS and the FD models as well. 

I'm also considering  Lancer CS series and the EX  series. And need to know the best options available for my price range.

My major consideration is that can I use this as a future investment.  I'm not expecting an ROI but at least without any loss of the money I spent. 

I know this is a generic type question but really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

I found this site is very helpful to beginners like me. So Huge thumbs up for the community.  :grinning-smiley-003:

My major consideration is that can I use this as a future investment.  I'm not expecting an ROI but at least without any loss of the money I spent."   .. of course everyone knows what brand has the best second hand market. None above unless there is a major tax revision. ;)

On 1/14/2018 at 12:53 PM, KasunW said:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a good-looking car to buy as my first vehicle. I'm not a big fan of hatchback models and looking for a sedan type.  Also, I'm in more favor of sports type cars. (not a hardcore sportscar but an average car with good horsepower )

I have in mind Honda Civic and Mitsubishi Lancer. Speaking of Honda civic, I need to know their different versions available in the Sri Lankan market and their pros and cons. I need to know the difference between the RS and the FD models as well. 

I'm also considering  Lancer CS series and the EX  series. And need to know the best options available for my price range.

My major consideration is that can I use this as a future investment.  I'm not expecting an ROI but at least without any loss of the money I spent. 

I know this is a generic type question but really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

I found this site is very helpful to beginners like me. So Huge thumbs up for the community.  :grinning-smiley-003:

Get this into your head first, A VEHICLE IS NOT A "FUTURE INVESTMENT", IT IS A MODE OF TRANSPORT. Only the quirks of the Sri Lankan market have created this ridiculous situation where cars don't depreciate but one fine day that train will reach the last station so depending on it is a very stupid idea. 

If you insist on looking at it as an "investment", then buy the newest Toyota Corolla 121, Axio or Allion you can afford, make sure it has "winker mirrors, allow wheel, beige interial and push start", then park it safely in the garage and light some incense sticks near it every day while praying to whoever god you believe in to preserve the status quo of the Sri Lankan car market. Then take the bus. Or a tuk/some other form of Taxi.

Edited by Supra_Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1