• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Burning of gas

Dj nick

Question

8 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Dj nick said:

Can some one help me i am new to the mazda world i have a 323 bj 4wd with a 1.5 vvt zl-ve engine and its burning alot of fuel and i can smell the fumes can anyone assist me with and idea of what may b the cause please i need help

Since this car employs an electronic control for engine management, no adjustments to the  fuel  richness etc. Please make a cleaning of injectors and check the spark plugs and associated ignition system. If not improved, seek a professional approach. Make sure that no 'Check Light'  indication.

The Normal fuel consumption for this car is around  8 to 9 Km in city run and 12 to 14  Km/l in outside urban run with AC.

1 hour ago, Rohnd said:

Since this car employs an electronic control for engine management, no adjustments to the  fuel  richness etc. Please make a cleaning of injectors and check the spark plugs and associated ignition system. If not improved, seek a professional approach. Make sure that no 'Check Light'  indication.

The Normal fuel consumption for this car is around  8 to 9 Km in city run and 12 to 14  Km/l in outside urban run with AC.

When making sure that there is no check engine light it is not just dashboard indication but also get the car scanned to ensure that there are no fault codes stored. Some of our mechanics have a habit of bypassingthe dashboard indication.

Hang on a minute.

Mazda 323 BJ with a 1.5 ZL-VE engine doesnt sound right. Either it should be a JDM Familia or a 323 which has a 1.6 ltr ZM-DE engine.

The 1.6 version does slightly less in fuel owing to the fact that it didnt incorporate variable valve timing.

In any case first thing you need to do is an emission test to get some data on how the engine is burning fuel. You can get your injectors cleaned and spark plugs replaced as others mentioned. Where are you located?

This looks like a ZL-VE engine. 

You have mentioned that its burning a lot of fuel and you can smell petrol. You haven't mentioned how many kilometers its doing to a litre. And when you stand next to a petrol car, you will smell petrol. That's normal. 

In any case, members Rohnd and Rumesh have already told you what to do. If you need more help, let us know your exact fuel consumption figures and if possible, get an emission test report and let us know the numbers.

5 hours ago, Dj nick said:

Ok no problem but it’s from inside the car i can smell the petrol

I think you are providing misleading  information in this regard and now you are saying a petrol smell inside the car.

While you say a petrol burning  and now an inside petrol smell , which are not related.

It is better to have a look at the Petrol Pump area for this car, which is located underneath of the rear seat cushion. Check for any leaks/smell of petrol .

If intact, please follow instructions given by members earlier  & provide the existing fuel consumption figures as stated by Crosswind.