• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Audi S4`s or RS4`s in Srilanka?

fiat fan

Hey guys. 

I started a thread after a long time.

I was wondering if we had any Audi S4`s or RS4`s?

Or any S or RS Audi actually.

Any Converted cars?

I would like to buy one, or covert one(I am aware that its expensive and time consuming)

YOM or model is irrelevant. Older the merrier! 

B5 is my favourite though.

Thanks guys.

(Typed on phone, sorry)

4 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Hey guys. 

I started a thread after a long time.

I was wondering if we had any Audi S4`s or RS4`s?

Or any S or RS Audi actually.

Any Converted cars?

I would like to buy one, or covert one(I am aware that its expensive and time consuming)

YOM or model is irrelevant. Older the merrier! 

B5 is my favourite though.

Thanks guys.

(Typed on phone, sorry)

Nope

Fairly sure we do not.

• Thanks 1

On 1/10/2018 at 7:07 AM, ajm said:

Some discussion of those who have done it. (Google translate might help)

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/s4-umbau-projekt-t2658839.html?page=1

so you will be looking to grab an old B5 first?

Thanks for the link.

Actually I used to own a B5 for about 5 years. I loved that car, still my favourite car to date(which is a saying because I drive a camaro now)

Yeah I will be buying another one!

sounds like a wild idea! However as a current owner of a B5(Diesel) I am with you.

Real S4 B5s  are hard to find even in Germany.RS4 B5 almost impossible.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-S4-B5-Quattro/232609857384?hash=item3628a0bf68:g:1OEAAOSwl9RaQqrd

But "S-line" mods maybe less complicated.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-A4-8D-B5-2-8-S-line-Benzin-Bj-1999/253361491622?hash=item3afd858ea6:g:B4sAAOSwHYpaP91T

I think you have to change many things from Engine to Brake disks.you will source them from Germany?

and skilled mechanics? or you are already handy with Tools?

• 4 months later...

Just an update on this thread as Im sure  all of you are bored to death with 1000cc madness,etc...

So I did some digging around and yes, it seems @Supra_Natural is correct! There are no Audi S or RS versions in Sri Lanka.

But I did see to or 3 badged cars(found from sources).

So I thought of going ahead and buying an Audi A4 B5 and do a conversion. The real deal mind you.Not the bodykit with a fart can doing 180kmph blasting Tokyo drift! 

I know it will be time consuming and VERY costly. But I am in no rush. Gonna take my time.I am currently on the lookout for an A4 B5,preferably a 2000 -2001 as they had lots of goodies and had the niggles of older cars sorted. I am willing to pay for a good car with the biggest engine out there because DMV does not authorise engine upgrades more than 500cc from the current engine size. That is my biggest issue right now because almost all A4 B5`s in SL are either 1.8 or 1.9(bummer) and the S4 has a 2.7 liter Bi Turbo  V6 (yummy)...

I will probably pick an A4 B5 up this year and will progress from there on..

oops almost forgot, have you guys seen how much a S4 B5 goes all over the world(20000 British pounds-bottom end cars)? Gulp 

Some of my friends and relatives were like ayyo eka dan paranai ne, gamuko Audi A1 ekak(yup I be friended them loosers).

Sorry for the long rant but I just wanted to update the thread(hey atleast I didnt ask the fuel economy of the S4).

Have a good day!

On 1/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, ajm said:

sounds like a wild idea! However as a current owner of a B5(Diesel) I am with you.

Real S4 B5s  are hard to find even in Germany.RS4 B5 almost impossible.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-S4-B5-Quattro/232609857384?hash=item3628a0bf68:g:1OEAAOSwl9RaQqrd

But "S-line" mods maybe less complicated.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-A4-8D-B5-2-8-S-line-Benzin-Bj-1999/253361491622?hash=item3afd858ea6:g:B4sAAOSwHYpaP91T

I think you have to change many things from Engine to Brake disks.you will source them from Germany?

and skilled mechanics? or you are already handy with Tools?

Sorry for the late reply brother.  You have good taste, even though its a diesel its still an awesome and your doing it for cheap(WIN).

I was thinking of buying a S4 and sending the parts to SL. But damn they are expensive. Right now my plan is to buy the best B5 I can find (kind of rare now with Audi Q2 and A3 trashing classifieds).

I like to see pics of your baby if you dont mind! 

Cheers!