• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

thejan123

Question

Hey guys,

I choose these 3 cars for this debate

Audi a4 (B9), bmw 3 series (F30) and benz c class(w205).

What is the most reliable car out of these that is suitable for srilankan roads conditions. And i would like to know the second hand market for these vehicals and the avalibility of spare parts in srilanka.

Thanks?

Edited by thejan123
Srry forgot to include the vehical models

19 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Let's compare an Audi A4 B9 with a BMW E30 and a W203 shall we?

The E30 is the most reliable, most suitable for road conditions and has the best second hand market of them all...

Seriously how do u expect to compare the cars without giving the exact models?

:P..don't be surprised if this whizzed past him faster than rolling O, quieter than a silent E...

Edited by iRage
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, iRage said:

:P..don't be surprised if this whizzed past him faster than rolling O, quieter than a silent E...

I thought the question was super-intelligent, until I saw this answer:

5 hours ago, ajm said:

the A4 is just a VW with sportier design and luxury interior. Other two are luxury brands. But I think Mercedes holding the value and reliability with age.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, thejan123 said:

Hey guys,

I choose these 3 cars for this debate

Audi a4, bmw 3 series and benz c class.

What is the most reliable car out of these that is suitable for srilankan roads conditions. And i would like to know the second hand market for these vehicals and the avalibility of spare parts in srilanka.

Thanks?

Audi's are got by those who want a BMW  OR Merc,  but can't afford one.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

actually VW group is sharing same Platforms from high-end Audi to low-end Seat,Skoda brands in order to save engineering costs. So in 99% of the cases, an Audi buyer is buying nothing but a dressed up Volkswagen. Even Mercedes A,B klasse have Renault engines since recently but I think from C klasse upwards the platforms are internally developed.

10 hours ago, ajm said:

actually VW group is sharing same Platforms from high-end Audi to low-end Seat,Skoda brands in order to save engineering costs. So in 99% of the cases, an Audi buyer is buying nothing but a dressed up Volkswagen. Even Mercedes A,B klasse have Renault engines since recently but I think from C klasse upwards the platforms are internally developed.

Aha ! Similarly.....the 141 and the Allion and Premio and the old Axio shared the same platform so you are buying the same car in dressed up form :) If you are buying the current Axio then you are just buying a dressed up Belta...a C-HR would be a fattned up pig of a Prius....

the point is...yes they share the same platform and components, but it is dressed up differently and subsequently spec'd and configured differently to meet the tastes/requirements of different market segments. As a result what you may end up with is a car with a completely different personality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iRage said:

is dressed up differently and subsequently spec'd and configured differently to meet the tastes/requirements of different market segments

actually the driving experience of a VW,Seat,Skoda is not so different from the corresponding Audi models,some bells and whistles are sometimes first used in Audi,VW and carried over to lower-end brands later. Unless you are buying the S or R line models of Audi, it's just same if you buy an A4,a Passat or a Skoda Octavia.But of course the status is different.

Edited by ajm

1 hour ago, ajm said:

actually the driving experience of a VW,Seat,Skoda is not so different from the corresponding Audi models,some bells and whistles are sometimes first used in Audi,VW and carried over to lower-end brands later. Unless you are buying the S or R line models of Audi, it's just same if you buy an A4,a Passat or a Skoda Octavia.But of course the status is different.

That is the thing..although the platform is the same they are spec'd differently to suit the market segment. When the lower end brands get the fancy equipment from the high valued brands the high valued brands get more fancier stuff. So...althogh the platform is shared..it is not necessarily the same car...not like you would find a HiAce and a RegiusAce or a Probox and Succeed to be the same car.

17 hours ago, ajm said:

Are you sure its not the VW chap who is buying a dressed down Audi? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Pericles said:

Are you sure its not the VW chap who is buying a dressed down Audi? 

yes,you can put it like that too. The one buying the Skoda or Seat is getting the best deal/value for money if he is looking only for driving experience(no fancy leather,navigation,LED lights,Status..)

On 1/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, Twin Turbo said:

Hey, Im offended. No they are not. Audis are one of the most expensive of the regular cars in the states. They are more expensive than a Benz.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, Twin Turbo said:

On 1/12/2018 at 3:58 AM, fiat fan said:

Hey, Im offended. No they are not. Audis are one of the most expensive of the regular cars in the states. They are more expensive than a Benz.

I'm offended too 🤪 even though I'm still checking on Audis. 

I suppose some ppl have this mindset (No offense). This made me check on Merc as well 😉