• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident By Learners Permit Holder (17 Yrs), Who Took A Minor As A Pillion Rider

MISTER

My car was knocked by a bike rider who was holding a learner's permit, and carrying a minor with him. Both were injured, noting serious.

Can someone advise me

1. Can a someone with a temporary permit ride alone, or it it needed that he have a valid licence holder with him ?

2. Can this temporary licence holder take pillion riders on an L board ?

3. In case of an accident, and injury - who will be more liable ?

4. In case of a court hearing, what will be required ?

Many thanks for your advice friends

Learner's permit is issued for 17-year olds only for the purpose of practicing driving. A learner's permit holder has not sat for the practical test so he cannot ride alone/go with friends etc.

Liability depends on the way the accident happened. Failure to avoid an accident is also an offence. If the police has filed a case against you, then you will end up having to pay a fine. However, the learner's permit holder will most likely have his license withheld for a long time as he may be found guilty of more than one offence.

You only need a lawyer if the police has filed a case against you. Otherwise get on with your life. You won't hear about it again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not so, my car was rammed by a bus and the car written off and the driver was injured.

police did not filed any charges against my driver, but he needs to appear as a witness for the case which is now dragging and on the third hearing.

Better check with the police where the entry was made to make sure you don't have to appear.

All the best