• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer vs Fit Aria vs Civic vs N16/N17

thilanka1989

Question

I am going to buy my first car in few months. Currently, I am doing researches on following cars.

Lancer CS1, CS2, CS3 - as forums in autolanka I have decided CS3 1.6 is better.

Fit Aria - Not much information but most of the people are saying that this car has better fuel consumption.

Honda Civic - Bit of off-budget for me. I am looking for a car for 20Mil. most of the es1 es8 cars cost more than 2Mil.( I am looking for cars after 2002.)

N16 and N17 - Don't know much about this. But most of the people saying these cars have lesser fuel consumption.

I need fuel consumption about 10Kmpl in Colombo. And No matter its auto or manual. I am not going to travel daily but 2 days a week from Kosgama to Kolpety (38Km). and probably twice a month I am traveling to Matara by southern expressway. So the car needs to be decent in comfort. and need to be reliable as a 14-15 years old car. I am new to automobiles. I have no experience on this subject. It would be very grateful if you help me to choose a better car as a first car. 

Thanks.

Edited by thilanka1989
  • Like 2

2 answers to this question

Fit Aria does good on fuel but the problem is the sensitive CVT gear box. So check the gear box well if you want to buy the car. Other than that it is pretty solid reliable car. 

N16 and N17 are heavy cars that's why it doesn't do that well in fuel. But it has decent fuel consumption except for 1300cc model. Avoid it at all costs. It is really under powered. 

Lancer CS3 is overall good car but I don't know if your budget is 20 laks then how can you afford Fit Aria or Lancer CS3. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 10:03 PM, BuBi said:

Fit Aria does good on fuel but the problem is the sensitive CVT gear box. So check the gear box well if you want to buy the car. Other than that it is pretty solid reliable car. 

N16 and N17 are heavy cars that's why it doesn't do that well in fuel. But it has decent fuel consumption except for 1300cc model. Avoid it at all costs. It is really under powered. 

Lancer CS3 is overall good car but I don't know if your budget is 20 laks then how can you afford Fit Aria or Lancer CS3. 

Hi BuBi
I can afford up to 2.4Mil. And Honda City also a concern. What about Honda city after 2003. I have seen 2006 Honda City for 2.3Mil. As I know FIT ARIA is the JDM model of City!. what about i-DSI engine city has. Is it reliable? As I know it is said to be more fuel efficient than VTEC. But there are no new cars came with IDSI but most with iVTEC. Is there any reason for that?