• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloy Wheel Repairing

Vishiru

Macro Auto Tech in Nawala used to do alloy wheel repairs. Google them up.

Your damage seems to be a bit too severe though. The wheel is bent as well as cracked, so It might not be safe to repair it. Check with Macro and they will advise. Even if they say it's repairable, I suggest using the rim in the rear of the car.

Just out of curiosity, how did it crack like that and what is the brand of the wheel?

2 minutes ago, Davy said:

Macro Auto Tech in Nawala used to do alloy wheel repairs. Google them up.

Your damage seems to be a bit too severe though. The wheel is bent as well as cracked, so It might not be safe to repair it. Check with Macro and they will advise. Even if they say it's repairable, I suggest using the rim in the rear of the car.

Just out of curiosity, how did it crack like that and what is the brand of the wheel?

Thank you will check with them. As I've already ordered a set which is arriving in another 2 months I need a temporary repair. This wheel is a generic one which was there when I bought the car. It hit a metal bar during an accident even I was surprised the way it happened. 

2 minutes ago, Vishiru said:

Thank you will check with them. As I've already ordered a set which is arriving in another 2 months I need a temporary repair. This wheel is a generic one which was there when I bought the car. It hit a metal bar during an accident even I was surprised the way it happened. 

Must be a cheap Chinese alloy wheel then.

Since you have already ordered a set of new rims, may I suggest buying a regular steel rim temporarily instead of repairing the alloy wheel? This might be cheaper (and safer).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davy said:

Must be a cheap Chinese alloy wheel then.

Since you have already ordered a set of new rims, may I suggest buying a regular steel rim temporarily instead of repairing the alloy wheel? This might be cheaper (and safer).

Yes I checked this option since it wouldn't look good with a steel rim. But yes you got a point.