• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 key Fob problem

luckey007

Dear Friends,

I do have a Mazda3 and now it is used for more than 2 years and driven for 35k+ kms. My problem is when I am going to unlock it in first time of the day it refuses to unlock even I am very close to driver side door. I had to open it using the key few times and it starts honking and illuminating hazards and I managed to silent her by press unlock button while inside the car. But after first time it works as nothing happened and remote functions for fair distance. 

Do you guys have any idea regarding this?

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, luckey007 said:

It happened to both key fobs. And always at my garage in the morning. And it is in country and only interfered by monkeys and elephants!

then it it is fair to assume that key fobs are OK and the problem might be there in the controller module (in the car).

But try to change the key fob battery first (at a glance it is not logical, but there can be a thin chance that both key fobs batteries are dying ). because i haven't heard any case that controller module malfunction.

few more questions

1. push start?

2. button in the handle?

3. YOM ?

Edited by MV-5