• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

fan belt high noise

Mshafraz

Question

I have kia picanto 2011 that hear some fan belt noise i just change new fan belt recently ,but while start the car from that high noises are listen,when switch on A/C noise getting high.when accelerator also high noise appear i check with mechanic he check all i changed tensioner pulley racer also. he advise to go branded belt.he recommended to go bando brand.if i go that can i get good solution for this issue.please help some that noise is come belt or other issue.i were drop the water to belt but noise are not stopped.please give better solution to me?

Edited by Mshafraz
Words are added

4 answers to this question

It could be they the belt is a wrong part and isn't sitting properly within the grooves of each pulley. It could also be that the belt is over tightened. Confirm that the sound is actually coming from the belt and try a genuine belt from the agent if adjusting the belt tension doesn't solve the issue. 

Water doesn't always work. A bit of WD-40 might, but it's not a good idea to lubricate any drive belt. 

Push on the belt and see if there is any movement. Ideally it shouldn't move more that 1cm.
Also some lower quality belts inherently make noise.

You can spray some v belt spray and see if the noise goes away. You can buy them from most automotive part shops. Do not spray wd40 as it will deteriorate the rubber.

Nope, though they claim so the way the sound goes away is because it reduces friction. But that also makes the belt slip silently and reduces lifetime. In addition wd 40 just deteriorates rubber which is

Belt spray is a thick sticky white colour substance which adds friction instead of reducing just the noise.