• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Indica 2008 vs chery qq

HasiEshan

Question

5 answers to this question

I suppose you are looking at the newest car you can get for your budget ?

One thing you might want to consider is that just because a car is newer it doesn't mean that it will necessarily be better than a solid older car.

I don't know much about the Indica or the QQ but considering what I have heard about other Tatas and Cherries from the era, I don't reckon either will be that good.

Have you considered an older car like a KE72/74 (Corolla DX Wagon) or a Lancer (box or anything else) or an E80/90 Corolla orr a Carina or something ? You can find a well maintained (sometimes single owner) car for your budget with some money to spare for preemptive maintenance. The tech in these cars are pretty simple and solid (which is also a problem because even the abused cars keep running without dying off). Also parts are somewhat freely available. Easy to fix (some even you can do it yourself).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iRage said:

I suppose you are looking at the newest car you can get for your budget ?

One thing you might want to consider is that just because a car is newer it doesn't mean that it will necessarily be better than a solid older car.

I don't know much about the Indica or the QQ but considering what I have heard about other Tatas and Cherries from the era, I don't reckon either will be that good.

Have you considered an older car like a KE72/74 (Corolla DX Wagon) or a Lancer (box or anything else) or an E80/90 Corolla orr a Carina or something ? You can find a well maintained (sometimes single owner) car for your budget with some money to spare for preemptive maintenance. The tech in these cars are pretty simple and solid (which is also a problem because even the abused cars keep running without dying off). Also parts are somewhat freely available. Easy to fix (some even you can do it yourself).

Thanks for the information .Yes I consider cars after 2004 before.I got your point.Changing mind and looking for above models.I also need a simple car with less maintenance cost and learn about cars,.Thanks a lot.

10 hours ago, HasiEshan said:

Thanks for the information .Yes I consider cars after 2004 before.I got your point.Changing mind and looking for above models.I also need a simple car with less maintenance cost and learn about cars,.Thanks a lot.

Older Japanese cars weren't complicated and are simple to fix. You could take them to any mehcanic and get them sorted out. Parts aren't expensive either.

13 hours ago, HasiEshan said:

Well..asrock was being more direct and less politically correct than I was....Indicas and QQs should suck considering the other models of the time. I beleive the older Japanese cars will run a lot better because TATA and Cherry at the time did not have good build quality.

Please don't try to do "less maintenance" (I know what you actually meant was not have to be doing repairs ever too frequently) !!! Any car should have regular and proper maintenance done (both regular running services and preemptive maintenance work). If you do so it will be pretty reliable and keep running and you won't be spending every week in a a garage. You should also make sure the older car you buy has been properly taken care of and then the repairs you have to do will be relatively lesser. So get it checked out...and remember you will have to do some basic things when you buy any old car;timing belt change, basic "tune-up" (most of which you can do by yourself), lubricant changes, etc...so don't spend your entire budget on the car as well. There should be a thread called "How to buy a used car" or something on the forums with some timeless advice :D 

• Like 1