• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan QG15 Engine issue

Nadee7

Question

Dear All experts..

My car engine is Nissan QG15 .Mileage is 200,000KM Genuine.I just remove Oil cap & then only see there is a Oil coming from engine.But Oil level is not going down.

I want to know is this normal ?? How can i easily check engine status?? Pls help.

Thanks

22 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Nadee7 said:

I just remove Oil cap & then only see there is a Oil coming from engine.

What do you mean exactly? Oil is supposed to be there inside the valve cover when you open the oil filler cap.

3 minutes ago, Davy said:

What do you mean exactly? Oil is supposed to be there inside the valve cover when you open the oil filler cap.

I just remove the oil cap & then Oil spreading from engine to outside from oil cap hole.

2 hours ago, Nadee7 said:

I just remove the oil cap & then Oil spreading from engine to outside from oil cap hole.

Do you mean to say oil is spilling out from the cap? If so the first thing is to check/clean and replace (if necessary) the PCV.

3 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

Do you mean to say oil is spilling out from the cap? If so the first thing is to check/clean and replace (if necessary) the PCV.

After remove the oil cap only.Then oil spilling out from oil filler hole. What is PCV ?

2 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

After remove the oil cap only.Then oil spilling out from oil filler hole. What is PCV ?

Well if you keep your engine on start and open the oil cap there will be some oil spilling out from the opening but that is normal. PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. It is located on the cam cover.

2 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

Well if you keep your engine on start and open the oil cap there will be some oil spilling out from the opening but that is normal. PCV stands for Positive Crankcase Ventilation valve. It is located on the cam cover.

Ok noted.But this is coming continuously.So do i need to do PCV immediately ???

42 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

Ok noted.But this is coming continuously.So do i need to do PCV immediately ???

Depends on how serious the leak is. In some cases  it is not only the PCV but you need to clean the cam cover internals (I mean oil baffles inside) too. But the PCV is external and can be easily removed tested and cleaned. As a routine I usually clean PCV valves once in couple of years. However your description of the issue is not really clear. Can please you take a picture of the leak and post here?

12 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

Depends on how serious the leak is. In some cases  it is not only the PCV but you need to clean the cam cover internals (I mean oil baffles inside) too. But the PCV is external and can be easily removed tested and cleaned. As a routine I usually clean PCV valves once in couple of years. However your description of the issue is not really clear. Can please you take a picture of the leak and post here?

Oil is not burning actually becos im checking oil stick daily .Im daily running until 31st.So that's why i asked that repair is urgent or not.

2 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Did you open the oil filler cap when the engine was running?

2 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Did you open the oil filler cap when the engine was running?

Yes.I open Oil filler cap when engine running.

• Haha 1

Your engine is having OHC. so the spining of the cams will shower you with oil.The only issue is you opening the oil cap to begin with,...A blocked/non functioning PCV can make your issue worse.

-Pls refer to the user manual for care/maintenance and location of the pcv valve.

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo

Of course there's going to be some oil splashing out of the oil filler neck due to the dozens of rapidly moving components inside. If there's a PCV blockage like Rumesh said, the amount of oil splash should be noticeably higher. Also, a PCV system block usually results in oil burn.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:02 PM, Rohnd said:

The Oil filler Cap is also a sealing component for the upper Engine's Head cover. What is the purpose for the open the same when the Engine is running ?.

I just open and see.There is nothing .

On 12/23/2017 at 7:49 AM, Davy said:

Of course there's going to be some oil splashing out of the oil filler neck due to the dozens of rapidly moving components inside. If there's a PCV blockage like Rumesh said, the amount of oil splash should be noticeably higher. Also, a PCV system block usually results in oil burn.

Ok noted .

Thanks a lot.