• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evo 4 exhaust muffler for a Lancer

Anuradha Neo

Hi,

I have 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer CK2 (Auto transmission, already with all Evo 4 bodykit), now I would like to get a  Evo 4 exhaust muffler installed to get the Evo 4 beat. Planning to get  a original Evo 4 silencer which is a used one.

Have few questions,

1. Will this really impact fuel economy (I know some people say it does and some say not at all), just like to hear from the community here.
  2. Will there be any tendency to get my car failed from the emission test (if the condition of the muffler is good, and i'm not replacing my existing catalyst converter section in the exhaust system) ?
  3. Is  there any suggestions or recommendations you guys have in this regard for me before I get it done ?

PS. I'm not using my car for racing purposes.

Thanks in advance,

1. Yes. Especially if your engine is is carburetor and not EFI.

2. Not if your engine is in proper "tune"

3. I personally would not add a fart cannon to my car just so that I can get the Evo "beat". Mainly because I wouldn't want to look like a total j***a$$ on the road. :)  But that's just me.

Plus, weren't there recent restrictions implemented over any type of modifications (including exhaust) to cars? I remember people taking to the roads, but fail to recall what the actual outcome was.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davy said:

1. Yes. Especially if your engine is is carburetor and not EFI.

2. Not if your engine is in proper "tune"

3. I personally would not add a fart cannon to my car just so that I can get the Evo "beat". Mainly because I wouldn't want to look like a total j***a$$ on the road. :)  But that's just me.

Plus, weren't there recent restrictions implemented over any type of modifications (including exhaust) to cars? I remember people taking to the roads, but fail to recall what the actual outcome was.

Thanks for the eye opener on the recently imposed ban on adding noisy exhaust mufflers to vehicles, I would withdraw my idea to do the modification with that due to the legal situation.

Thanks again @Davy