• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Kia Picanto 2017 fuel consumption?

Anojan

Planning to buy my first car and confused whether to go with Kia Picanto 2017 or Perodua Axia 2017. I test drove both vehicles and personally i like Picanto because of the build quality and interior finish but I heard that Axia's fuel consumption is much better than Picanto's.
Planning to use this for traveling to work (Colombo - Battaramulla) and driving for Uber in weekends.
Any fellow Picanto or Axia users? Thanks in Advance.

• Like 1

I get around 12kmpl Mix driving (including Parliament drive) in the Picanto 2017 (auto), car is driven hard

This has been more or less consistent for the last 10k km, may be you will be able to get bit more with bit of light right foot.

Axia may not be any better, if you want better economy get a wagon R (660cc)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, kush said:

I get around 12kmpl Mix driving (including Parliament drive) in the Picanto 2017 (auto), car is driven hard

This has been more or less consistent for the last 10k km, may be you will be able to get bit more with bit of light right foot.

Axia may not be any better, if you want better economy get a wagon R (660cc)

Thank you.

22 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Real world driving of an Axia has given me 10-11 KM/l in the city, no more. Have heard the same figures from at least two other people whose opinion I trust.

So really, you're better off with the Picanto. 

Thank you.

Look..If the Picanto is the car you like...buy the Picanto.

At the end of the day the long term fuel consumption of the two cars can't be that far off (its not like the Axia would do 5 or 6 km more per liter than the Picanto).

If you buy an Axia and the fuel consumption is not that much better than the Picanto you are going to be wishing you had bought the Picanto. At least with the Picanto, even if the fuel consumption is a bit worst than the Axia, you would atleast have the joy of having the car you actually liked.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2017 at 4:33 PM, iRage said:

Look..If the Picanto is the car you like...buy the Picanto.

At the end of the day the long term fuel consumption of the two cars can't be that far off (its not like the Axia would do 5 or 6 km more per liter than the Picanto).

If you buy an Axia and the fuel consumption is not that much better than the Picanto you are going to be wishing you had bought the Picanto. At least with the Picanto, even if the fuel consumption is a bit worst than the Axia, you would atleast have the joy of having the car you actually liked.  

bought Picanto 2017 Auto few weeks ago. Glad that i chose picanto over axia. It handles corners and bumps super smoothly, mainly Interior is the eye catcher for everyone. will report fuel consumption after first service.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anojan said:

bought Picanto 2017 Auto few weeks ago. Glad that i chose picanto over axia. It handles corners and bumps super smoothly, mainly Interior is the eye catcher for everyone. will report fuel consumption after first service.

congrats, good choice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

im new to this forum. I m also looking for a brandnew car around 3~3.5 mil Rs range. So, I inspected following 5 options,

1. Kia Picanto 1L (Full option)

2. Toyota Wigo

3. Perodua Axia

4. Perodua Bezza

5 Wagon R (Japanese one from agent)

Basic things I have noticed are ,

1. Kia Picanto 

Auto Full option version is best. It has superior interior (has European touch) compared to others

Almost all the items are from S/Korea. Build quality is good. Even lamps from reputed brands. 

2. Toyota Wigo

it is similar to Axia and manufactured in Indonesia. Has more Indian touch. 

3. Perodua Axia

Same car as Toyota Wigo, but has better exterior look and build quality. Has some more features than Wigo and price is nearly 2 lakhs less. made in Malaysia

4. Perodua Bezza

More like a Sedan version of Axia. 

3.1 mil. Agent told that they dont take orders till August 2018. Interior and exterior is very attractive. But rear side has VAN look.

All these except Wagon R have 1 L engines,

On 3/24/2018 at 11:39 AM, Innovtech said:

Hi all,

im new to this forum. I m also looking for a brandnew car around 3~3.5 mil Rs range. So, I inspected following 5 options,

1. Kia Picanto 1L (Full option)

2. Toyota Wigo

3. Perodua Axia

4. Perodua Bezza

It comes down to your personal preferences. Take your time and make the right choice so you won't regret it later.
I would have gone for Wagon R because of fuel consumption or Axia because of rear leg room but i didn't like the look of them so I chose Picanto.

Edited by Anojan
typo
  • Like 1

In your description you have mentioned that the s.korean picanto is superior in quality in every aspect.

So is there anything else to consider. And the s.korean brands kia and hyundai have made vehicles with similar or better build quality to the japs since around 2006. 

Also the picanto is the only one with a   5 year agents warenty from this lot.

If being brand new is an essential requirement to you go for the picanto.

If used is an option there is a sea of options to choose from

• 2 weeks later...

After ispective everything, i thought of selecting Picanto.

Its made in S/Korea (correct me if im wrong)

Has better interior appearance and features

Build quality is good.. I've notice that even head lamp is Osram. They have carefully selected better components for every location possible. And warranty is 5Yrs. Only issue is the service charge would be 2000~3000 more compared to a normal service station. 

@Innovtech They charged around 5K for my first service (without labour charge) and their customer service is pretty good too.

Btw you have to do the service right on time by Kia or any other Kia authorized service center, else they can cancel your warranty.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, WIKUM100 said:

i am using 2017 model 

usually done 14.5 km/l in semi urban (chilaw)

and in long run usually 16-17 km/l

Good for you, got same figures around 14-15kmpl when my wife was using on urban drives

Colombo during rush hours 10kmpl

Economy meter in the car is around 10% optimistic you need to factor that if you are going by that.