• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Trajet

segu

Question

Hi, I have a Hyundai Trajet 2000 model converted with a 3c Toyota Townace engine and automatic gearbox. 

Recently on a family outing after traveling 2 hours in traffic the car started to heat up. 

On inspection it had a 2 core radiator, which is now converted to 3 core and the water fan wasn't functioning properly which is also been replaced. But still there is some bubbles coming from the radiator which makes me think the engine block needs to be overhauled.

I ain't an expert but am I missing something else before dismantling the engine and can anyone recommend a garage who can have a look and give me the proper diagnosis.

Thanks to all in advance.

11 answers to this question

Sad to hear of your prob,   It is possible that the overheating of the engine may have done some  damage.

you'll have to get some tests done on the engine before dismantling of the head for repair.

TT.

P.s, Where do you live?  - for a place can be recommenced

Sad to hear of your prob,   It is possible that the overheating of the engine may have done some  damage.
you'll have to get some tests done on the engine before dismantling of the head for repair.
TT.

My Fear is also the same, I live in Wattala, any place you can recommend in this vicinity

4 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

TT.

just curious don't you see bubbles even when the gasket is damaged ??

@segu can recommend a place near Nawala if its convenient for u  

2 minutes ago, segu said:

Air bubbles yes.. I guess so.. any suggestions are welcome...

if that's the case your issue might be resolved simply by replacing the head gasket.. however if you want to pay a visit and get an opinion then here is my mechanic contact details:
Vipula motors (located at nawala koswatta) contact no - 0722 196 030

Edited by PerfMad

This sound like a head gasket issue. You can look inside the cylinders anyways when you open it up for head gasket replacement, so you can decide at the time if you need an overhaul.

A quick update on the heating issue.. I checked the engine head (got it checked in kochikade) nothing was wrong according to them.. changed the gasket and some hose which were worn out.. took it for a drive to Hambantota, no issues on the first day. But the next day on our way to Nuwara Eliya it got heated.. according to the local garage person it's the gasket [emoji25].. he took out the rubber beading on the radiator lid and we were able to get back home.

Any suggestions guys.. apart from the Nawala guy does anybody know someone closer to Wattala who can check the entire engine and do a guaranteed job, as Nawala is a little far and regular check on the vehicle would be a hassle..

Thanks in advance..

So sad to hear it. By the way, from where did u get the head gasket and hoses changed?

Just curious what the current millage of your vehicle, if you don't mind me asking? and if im correct this could happen due to blockage in water line passages inside the engine as well/ water pump issue. (assuming your radiator fans and thermostat are in perfect order)

So sad to hear it. By the way, from where did u get the head gasket and hoses changed?

Just curious what the current millage of your vehicle, if you don't mind me asking? and if im correct this could happen due to blockage in water line passages inside the engine as well/ water pump issue. (assuming your radiator fans and thermostat are in perfect order)
The repairs were done in puttalam and the head was checked in kochikade.. the current millage is 155k.. the water fan, radiator has been replaced.. how can I chk if the water lines are blocked?