• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Sylphy FG10

Nadee7

Question

Dear All Experts,

I'm having a issue.My car is Nissan Sylphy FG10 2003.Mileage 200,000KM(Genuine) there is a small oil leak in between engine & gear box.I attached two images .

But still engine oil & gear oil level is not reducing.I have been checking this since one month.What is this ? What is the solution for this? Is this serious?

Do i need to do the repair immediately ?

20171218_063633.jpg

20171218_063936.jpg

16 answers to this question

To check the auto gear oil level, the engine must be running and warm (yes, the gear should be in P).

I have seen some so-called mechanics (especially in service stations) checking auto gear oil while the engine is off. So I'm not surprised.

Pls check the oil level while the engine is running. Then you will know the extent of the leak.

On 12/18/2017 at 12:17 PM, Rumesh88 said:

oil seal behind the trans-converter must be leaking. It will continue to get worse so better get it replaced. 

Pls I need more information..

Could you explain with more details? How much it will cost ? Is it serious repair?Do they remove gear box?

1 hour ago, Nadee7 said:

Pls I need more information..

Could you explain with more details? How much it will cost ? Is it serious repair?Do they remove gear box?

To replace the oil seal the gear box would have to be removed but it is not a serious repair. I do not have an idea of the exact cost but you may have to replace some ATF fluid in the process. If you want a reference search the forum for Nilwala Motors.

14 hours ago, Rumesh88 said:

To replace the oil seal the gear box would have to be removed but it is not a serious repair. I do not have an idea of the exact cost but you may have to replace some ATF fluid in the process. If you want a reference search the forum for Nilwala Motors.

Ok noted.Do you know good garage around Gampaha kadawatha ? Im in Gampaha

4 hours ago, Nadee7 said:

Ok noted.Do you know good garage around Gampaha kadawatha ? Im in Gampaha

I am afraid I cannot recommend a place near Gampaha although I am from the same area. You will be better off with Nilwala though you would have to travel a bit instead of trying with totally unknown mechanics.

18 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

I am afraid I cannot recommend a place near Gampaha although I am from the same area. You will be better off with Nilwala though you would have to travel a bit instead of trying with totally unknown mechanics.

You know there is a famous Nissan expert near Bulugaha Junction. He is a A*W perso5and doing all nissans. Do I need to do the repair immediately??? pls help 

17 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

You know there is a famous Nissan expert near Bulugaha Junction. He is a A*W perso5and doing all nissans. Do I need to do the repair immediately??? pls help 

So you take the car over to Ravi Perera of Bulugaha Junc and show him both the issues (oil and fluid leaks) and get his opinion. Most sensible thing to do.

Edited by Rumesh88

7 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

So you take the car over to Ravi Perera of Bulugaha Junc and show him both the issues (oil and fluid leaks) and get his opinion. Most sensible thing to do.

You know him??? ok I'll go there and show my issue. Do you think that he can resolve my issue??? Thanks

53 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

You know him??? ok I'll go there and show my issue. Do you think that he can resolve my issue??? Thanks

I do not know him personally but those who sought his services have given good reviews. I am positive that he would be able to solve your issues but you need to keep in mind no one can give a commitment on anything to the degree of certainty that you seem to be expecting! 

Edited by Rumesh88

4 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

I do not know him personally but those who sought his services have given good reviews. I am positive that he would be able to solve your issues but you need to keep in mind no one can give a commitment on anything to the degree of certainty that you seem to be expecting! 

Yes definitely i know very well about that.

Thanks a lot & ill go tomorrow & let you know about his opinion also.

Appreciated about your valuable comment .

On 12/22/2017 at 1:59 PM, Nadee7 said:

Rumesh,

I met Ravi & show my issue.He checked & said that is normal thing in this type of OHC engines & he said that oil leaked coming due to bad oil seal in engine crank.

So thanks again..