• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

trish_auto

7 hours ago, Meraya said:

Is it? This was the best price offered from all the available and expected to arrive vehicles I inquired about. May be bit over priced but I thought it was a reasonable price for a vehicle with all those options offered. 

Well, 2WD MZ will cost around 1.8-2.0 m Yen in Japan, import tax in Sri Lanka is Rs.1.25 m.  With all other expenses it comes around Rs. 4.0-4.3 m when it comes here. So not that bad. But the 4WD version is bit too high.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

Well, 2WD MZ will cost around 1.8-2.0 m Yen in Japan, import tax in Sri Lanka is Rs.1.25 m.  With all other expenses it comes around Rs. 4.0-4.3 m when it comes here. So not that bad. But the 4WD version is bit too high.

http://kakaku.com/kuruma/used/spec/Maker=7/Model=33309/Sort=u3/Page=2/

According to my calculations 4WD option should not be more than Rs. 4.75 m (currently it is over 5.2 m in Sri Lanka)

Edited by trish_auto
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, trish_auto said:

bells and whistle

Hi, now I have been using my xbee for almost one month. So far so satisfying with the performance. It has good pickup you can feel the power of the engine. Ground clearance is superb, you can travel in most of the sri lankan roads in rurals with out any second thoughts. Only problem is with the fuel economy. I got average 13kmpl so far for around 2000km, my driving is not that smooth and sometimes I keep engine running with ac on while not running when traveling with kids. Still I think fuel economy should be more than what I got so far. Going for the 4 wheel drive model is bit doubtful for me as your fuel economy would be lesser and I'm not sure whether you can achieve full 4×4 experience with the other limitations like width of the tire. Otherwise the price is reasonable I think. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Meraya said:

Hi, now I have been using my xbee for almost one month. So far so satisfying with the performance. It has good pickup you can feel the power of the engine. Ground clearance is superb, you can travel in most of the sri lankan roads in rurals with out any second thoughts. Only problem is with the fuel economy. I got average 13kmpl so far for around 2000km, my driving is not that smooth and sometimes I keep engine running with ac on while not running when traveling with kids. Still I think fuel economy should be more than what I got so far. Going for the 4 wheel drive model is bit doubtful for me as your fuel economy would be lesser and I'm not sure whether you can achieve full 4×4 experience with the other limitations like width of the tire. Otherwise the price is reasonable I think. 

I think for the price you paid , comfort ability, safety and ground clearance this is a good choice. Fuel economy is SL traffic conditions you can't expect more than that. Since you bought b/n it should be improved after running for some time.  This car is powered by Suzuki K10C booster jet engine, which is one of the latest in their lineup.

This engine is commonly used for other models such as Baleno, S cross, Swift, etc. Suzuki has upgraded most of their Indian plants since they are having a relatively large market share in Indian subcontinent. This is why Baleno JDM also comes from India.  Indian version of WagonR too.  Probably this engine might be manufactured in Indian plants. Though Xbee comes from japan I also felt little doubtful after looking underneath the bonnet. Overall finish of the engine doesn't look that neat and tidy like japanese ones.  

Also remember Suzuki has announced the Xbee will also available for the Indian market as well. But not sure whether that is the similar make of JDM or not. 

As long as car is running good , nothing to worry. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2018 at 7:24 PM, trish_auto said:

bells and whistle

Thanks for the information! Yes with all the power and performance 13kmpl is not bad. It seems improving with long distance running I feel. I'm quite happy with xbee's impressive collection of options and the price they are asking for such a complete package is  reasonable. Even 85lks premio comes with only two airbags, no cruise control no paddle shifters etc.

In the baleno engine they have mentioned 'made in india' no? Xbees engine may be made in India but is there a way to get it confirmed? Do you have any idea about recommend engine oil and octane value of petrol? 

13 hours ago, Meraya said:

Thanks for the information! Yes with all the power and performance 13kmpl is not bad. It seems improving with long distance running I feel. I'm quite happy with xbee's impressive collection of options and the price they are asking for such a complete package is  reasonable. Even 85lks premio comes with only two airbags, no cruise control no paddle shifters etc.

In the baleno engine they have mentioned 'made in india' no? Xbees engine may be made in India but is there a way to get it confirmed? Do you have any idea about recommend engine oil and octane value of petrol? 

I will look into the user manual and update you. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

I will look into the user manual and update you. 

According to user manual it recommends to use SAE 5W-30 ( full synthetic).  You should change your oil in every 10,000 kms or 12 months which ever occurs first.  But if you are driving in harsh conditions you may need to change the oil more frequently. In my personnel opinion you need to change the oil more frequently if you are passing through heavy traffic on daily basis. 

I don't think you can find the exact make of the engine ( country of origin). 

Edited by trish_auto
  • Thanks 1

Further to your questions ;

Fuel type : unleaded regular gasoline
tank capacity: 2WD - 32 L
                             4WD -30 L

engine oil: 5W-30
Amount : 2.9 L 

Transmission Fluid : Suzuki ATF AW-1
Amount : 6.2 L

Brake fluid : Suzuki genuine brake fluid (DOT-3)

Gear Oil : 75 W - 85

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, trish_auto said:

Further to your questions ;

Fuel type : unleaded regular gasoline
tank capacity: 2WD - 32 L
                             4WD -30 L

engine oil: 5W-30
Amount : 2.9 L 

Transmission Fluid : Suzuki ATF AW-1
Amount : 6.2 L

Brake fluid : Suzuki genuine brake fluid (DOT-3)

Gear Oil : 75 W - 85

Thanks a lot for the information. I have few more questions glad if you can help. To claim the warranty I have to do my 1st service within one month or 1000km. They are going to change the engine oil and the filter. Won't that be a waste for a brand new vehicle?! Any way I have passed 1000km now but I may be able to get the warranty going if I get the service done within next week. If you have a soft copy of the manual can you please share it?

So what's your plan? Are you going for the 4 wheel drive model? Actually I have no regrets about my choice I traded in my honda gp 1 2011 for this little beast and so far it serves well for me. I think  Xbee is a very practical vehicle for sri lanka looking into it's specifications and performances. Only concern I have is regarding the second hand market of the vehicle but, what the hell, why you spend more for a brand new vitz thinking about next user of the car when you can enjoy your ride to the maximum for the same or somewhat lower cost at the same time!

Well it all depends on what warranty/ guarantee agreement says.  Better to abide it.  Also it is better to get the oil changed if you are not sure about what is already there. Make sure to change the filter same time.   In my opinion you really don't want 5W-30 in SL weather conditions, unless there is a proven advantage.  Even a 10W-30 would be fine, but they don't come in full synthetic. What matters is the second figure (indication of the viscosity) . You can read more on oils for your knowledge from here  

If you are not travelling lot on regular basis, even a semi synthetic oil would be fine. But it will not last as longer as a full synthetic one. Again having more frequent oil changes rather once in every 10k or year can be better. 

No issue, I can share the soft copy. Can you please inbox me your email.

Thanks

Edited by trish_auto
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi guys. Whats  the update on the Xbee? Im interested in the MZ 4WD version.

Also are all the cars 1.0L Turbo AND Hybrid?

Or separate versions with 1.0L “yes turbo-no hybrid” and “ 1.0L Yes Hybrid-no turbo”?

Also what a good place to buy one?

3 hours ago, fiat fan said:

Hi guys. Whats  the update on the Xbee? Im interested in the MZ 4WD version.

Also are all the cars 1.0L Turbo AND Hybrid?

Or separate versions with 1.0L “yes turbo-no hybrid” and “ 1.0L Yes Hybrid-no turbo”?

Also what a good place to buy one?

1000cc and Everything has the mild hybrid system, MZ is the fully loaded one if I recall, 

prices have plummeted due to crazy low demand. There are cars in sales from 2018 July 

try a personal import or verify auction records, if you go inquiring about one from a sale they’d pretty much worship you give you everything as they are so hard to sell.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 2:42 AM, tiv said:

1000cc and Everything has the mild hybrid system, MZ is the fully loaded one if I recall, 

prices have plummeted due to crazy low demand. There are cars in sales from 2018 July 

try a personal import or verify auction records, if you go inquiring about one from a sale they’d pretty much worship you give you everything as they are so hard to sell.

Thanks for the feedback! Very grateful. Why does it not sell too well? Do people fancy a wagon R over it?

46 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

Thanks for the feedback! Very grateful. Why does it not sell too well? Do people fancy a wagon R over it?

14 minutes ago, Quiet said:

Cost is too much for the type of vehicle. not related to any issues of the vehicle I guess

No clue, it's a different class of vehicle, I cant agree as the cost is too much as there in no unreg suv even close to that range, 

• 8 months later...
On 9/25/2019 at 11:14 AM, tiv said:

No clue, it's a different class of vehicle, I cant agree as the cost is too much as there in no unreg suv even close to that range, 

@tiv i think there will be competition now from the Korean made Kia Stonic 

http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/its-raining-suvs-at-kia-enter-the-all-new-sporty-and-confident-stonic/#:~:text=Priced between Rs 4.95 million,a change in corporate structure.

• 2 months later...

Always intrigued about this model. Saw one up for sale today & thought of checking in on long term users? How does it stack up in the long run? Satisfied with the purchase? Any challenges maintaining it given its a bit rare. Looks are a bit polarizing compared to a safer/sporty design like the stonic. What say Xbee owners??

12 hours ago, NeroX said:

Always intrigued about this model. Saw one up for sale today & thought of checking in on long term users? How does it stack up in the long run? Satisfied with the purchase? Any challenges maintaining it given its a bit rare. Looks are a bit polarizing compared to a safer/sporty design like the stonic. What say Xbee owners??

Hi NeroX,

Not the most ideal person to answer your question but here are my thoghts. I brought one in last March (2019 2WD MZ with omnicamera package) and so far the experience is awesome. I absolutely love the vehicle. Regular maintenance parts are available in LK. However you will ran into some problems finding body parts for the vehicle at the moment which will solve along with time. (Been noticing more and more spare parts ads of the vehicle recently)

And the design of the vehicle is not everyones taste. If you love seeing it in your garage and love sitting behind the steering wheel. then go for it.