• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A New Car? Why?

Hola

Hi all,

We all have our loved cars. And some find it very hard to give it up and go for a new one. For an instance, we had a Toyota for 11years, and the current Civic is nearly 4 years. And now even there is slight chance of getting a new one we think twice...

But there are some guys who change their cars over 1-2years (fuzzo) and there are some who keep it for 10 or forever. Some sell when the repairs are near, some sell becuase they always wants to go for the latest edition, some sell becuase their relations or next door neighbour got a new one etc etc

What i need to know from you guys from this thread is that

What makes you change your car and go for a new one?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... yeah we all love cars bt i dnt think we should use one car for a long time.. and nw im thinking abt a car change.. so maybe after one or two weeks u can see my car on autolanka classifieds..

And personally i dnt worry abt the number plate and im not looking for the latest model.. i buy wut i like.. eg. my accent . i used that car for 1 and half years without any trouble bt nw i want to sell it for no reason ..

bt still i dnt have any idea abt my next car :angry-smiley-048:

Yes, good point . Some people go by the number plate too. Some pay 7500/= to get a advanced number so the car would look new for 6 more months. For a instance when the current range is WP KA series some pay 7500 for WP KE

Hi all,

We all have our loved cars. And some find it very hard to give it up and go for a new one. For an instance, we had a Toyota for 11years, and the current Civic is nearly 4 years. And now even there is slight chance of getting a new one we think twice...

But there are some guys who change their cars over 1-2years (fuzzo) and there are some who keep it for 10 or forever. Some sell when the repairs are near, some sell becuase they always wants to go for the latest edition, some sell becuase their relations or next door neighbour got a new one etc etc

hmmm... u had listed out a million typical reasons why ppl would want to go for another car, most of the time i guess itz a combination of those reasons that eventually lead to such a decision... anyway I am sure some of our members have bit out of the stream may be even kinky reason why they went for a new one? :blink:

Yes, good point . Some people go by the number plate too. Some pay 7500/= to get a advanced number so the car would look new for 6 more months. For a instance when the current range is WP KA series some pay 7500 for WP KE

Yes Yes …No point to pay for a number plate..Coz if your car looks ok,, that’s all….anyway Hola any Idea about your New Car.. Still Planning ???? :blink:

anyway I am sure some of our members have bit out of the stream may be even kinky reason why they went for a new one? :blink:

kinky reason??? hmmm.... what could that be?????

i recon buying a new car depends on the amount of money you have in hand. even though some people go by the number plate if they don’t have enough money to buy a new one they have no option but to stick to their current ride.

Can we buy newer plates to the older cars? Does it mean that somebody can buy a WP K* number to a 18-**** car by paying Rs7500. Anybody please explain!!

Can we buy newer plates to the older cars? Does it mean that somebody can buy a WP K* number to a 18-**** car by paying Rs7500. Anybody please explain!!

i think u cant bt when registering ur car u can pay extra money and get gud numbers ** - 5555 / **- 7777

Bro you can re-register your old number plate from AA to FZ series. You cannot get DP series as its reserved for the DPL cars in SL.

Yes Yes …No point to pay for a number plate..Coz if your car looks ok,, that’s all….anyway Hola any Idea about your New Car.. Still Planning ???? :angry-smiley-048:

No way man, still i havent spent tooo much with this car. Just like a girl man, thama epa wunei naha

kinky reason??? hmmm.... what could that be?????

i recon buying a new car depends on the amount of money you have in hand. even though some people go by the number plate if they don’t have enough money to buy a new one they have no option but to stick to their current ride.

well not eaxactly kinky but a bit more like affectionate reason and the situation was more to do with reluctance to sell the car than buy a new one...(exact opposite of the topic)

i recall 1 of the pominent memebers once claiming that his dads Nissan California carried sweet memories of his best friends first trip to his fiance's house(b4 getting married), thus it had been phychologically difficult to sell the car... :angry-smiley-048:

Bro you can re-register your old number plate from AA to FZ series. You cannot get DP series as its reserved for the DPL cars in SL.

is it really possible to re-register an old vehicles???? i thought AA to FZ is for special purpose vehicles. coz all the vehicles brought under the embassy permits has FZ numbers.

i recall 1 of the pominent memebers once claiming that his dads Nissan California carried sweet memories of his best friends first trip to his fiance's house(b4 getting married), thus it had been phychologically difficult to sell the car... :angry-smiley-048:

oh yea i know who you are talking about

well not eaxactly kinky but a bit more like affectionate reason and the situation was more to do with reluctance to sell the car than buy a new one...(exact opposite of the topic)

i recall 1 of the pominent memebers once claiming that his dads Nissan California carried sweet memories of his best friends first trip to his fiance's house(b4 getting married), thus it had been phychologically difficult to sell the car... :)

Ur memory is faulty. Said member was trying to convince said friend to buy said car coz it SHOULD hold sweet memories for said friend. Said member has fond memories of said car, but it has nothing to do with said friend or his then SO.

Besides, it was diesel. Said member shoulda kept the car... Petrol prices these days ... :angry-smiley-048:

Ur memory is faulty. Said member was trying to convince said friend to buy said car coz it SHOULD hold sweet memories for said friend. Said member has fond memories of said car, but it has nothing to do with said friend or his then SO.

Besides, it was diesel. Said member shoulda kept the car... Petrol prices these days ... :angry-smiley-048:

Well "said". :);)

Just had to say that.

so you couldn't convince him eh?.. smart bugger..

so you couldn't convince him eh?.. smart bugger..

the thing is one said friend "ALWAYS" manages to convince the other said friend(i mean the well covered on of the two) to sell the smaller(yet smarter on marketing) one's cars, but it never works out da other way around, even if the car happens to carry sweet sweet memories....

& yes the said memory is a bit faulty that it remembers only bits and pieces :(

the thing is one said friend "ALWAYS" manages to convince the other said friend(i mean the well covered on of the two) to sell the smaller(yet smarter on marketing) one's cars, but it never works out da other way around, even if the car happens to carry sweet sweet memories....

& yes the said memory is a bit faulty that it remembers only bits and pieces :(

Yes it is.

Coz its not "always". Transactions cover only one car out of 5. (Thats the Carina GT, Glanza, SiRII, 320D and the SiR). Don't comment on things u have no knowledge over. Fuzzo and Shak know the stories, u don't. It doesn't include a lot of cars.

Yes it is.

Coz its not "always". Transactions cover only one car out of 5. (Thats the Carina GT, Glanza, SiRII, 320D and the SiR). Don't comment on things u have no knowledge over. Fuzzo and Shak know the stories, u don't. It doesn't include a lot of cars.

so he tried to sell u all :(

Oh, today met a friend...selling the car becuase its dieasel...with the rising petrol cost and all it is quiet amazing to hear the excuse. For him he says its not classy

Oh, today met a friend...selling the car becuase its dieasel...with the rising petrol cost and all it is quiet amazing to hear the excuse. For him he says its not classy

whats teh car and how old is it??? im sure it must be high time for a serious repair

Hi all,

I grow tired of cars very fast. The Maximum I've kept a car is maybe 6 months. Let me give you the list of cars I've had over the past 2 years, starting from August 2004.

1. Suzuki Jimny

2. Carina GT

3. Mercedes E200

4. Civic SiR II hatchback

5. Glanza Turbo

6. Pulsar VzR

7. Civic SiR sedan

8. BMW 320D

9. BMW 320D facelift

So average time i've kept a car is less than 3 months... Has anyone ever matched that?