• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Nissan Note E-Power owners?

dilshant80

• 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Ajith E said:

yes, I have one. So far so good!

Hi Ajith, welcome to the forum. 

Unfortunately "so far so good" is not a critical review. So I think everyone would appreciate if you could be more descriptive about what's good, what's not. Search for other car reviews on the forum and you should be able to get an idea about what you should mention. Thanks!

On 12/13/2017 at 8:16 AM, dilshant80 said:

Any Nissan Note E-Power owners in this forum who could give a critical review of their vehicle?

A good new topic to discuss.

Though I have never experienced with EVs or HHO mods, I would like to learn them.

17 hours ago, Ajith E said:

yes, I have one. So far so good!

Welcome to the forum.

As Davy mentioned, it is better to shed some specific experience here.

Start off by saying the battery capacity of your car, per charge mileage, monthly cycles, maintenance spares, your electricity bill, etc.

Edited by gNaveendra

I have one. No time for critical reviews man. :action-smiley-060:

Find below Short n' Sweet description: (hope this is helpful )

Unplugable EV - Next Generation Hybrid technology

1.5kWh Li Battery

0-100km/h time (sports mode) = 7sec :violent-smiley-030:

1.2 petrol engine/Generator. tank 35L (+ 7L reserve)

This only needs service in 10,000km / 6 months (what ever reach first) OIL= 0W-20

Manufacturer marked fuel consumtion: 34 Km/l

Actual fuel consumtion in SL Sunny day with AC temp 24 C :

heavy traffic avg speed 5km/h = 18 Km/l 

moderate traffic avg speed 60km/h = 24 Km/l  - 26 Km/l 

less traffic avg speed 80km/h = 30 Km/l 

less traffic avg speed 50km/h = 36 Km/l  (Eco mode)

High way avg speed 100km/h = 22 Km/l  - 24 Km/l 

Very Economical + Comfortable car with extended room capacity  :medium-smiley-032:

e-pedal technology (single pedal drive) with 3 Drive modes

comparable to 2.0L turbo engine

Now this is the NO:1 selling Car (hatchback category) in Japan 2017/2018

Edited by Amarapala

Thanks @Amarapala, for the  real life usage statistics Update, I could not resist answering this as I've been really interested in this car from November 2016 when it was launched, and been doing a bit of research on for sometime,

Unfortunately, I don't own one yet, can't wait to get one when I can afford it, as the hybrid tax for 1.2L engine is @ 2000 per cc it’s 24 lacks ++ tax alone.

Anyway, I had the pleasure of driving this car that Nissan had finally got right in terms of driving pleasure, acceleration, fuel economy & low maintenance.

Some points here,

·         It’s a Series Hybrid System, driven only by an Electric Motor & Inverter taken from Nissan Leaf. ( 254nm Torque 0-3008 rpm, that’s a lot of pulling power )

o   I tested this with 3 ppl in the car it still took off like no one was in it.

·         It’s does not have a charging port, so it can’t be charged and the size of the battery is 1/20 the size of the leaf. (mounted below driver & passenger seat) – Low center of gravity, Replacement batter may cost much lesser than leaf's.

·         It’s got a 1200cc 4 cylinder, 92 Octane  petrol engine, which does not drive the wheels, it’s sole purpose it to charge the batteries, and on high acceleration compensate the battery.

·         12v Battery is located @ the boot to start the ICE, occupies the space for the extra wheel, they should find space to dump it in the engine bay.

·         Engine supposeto run in a fixed rev range like 2.2k - 2.8k ish, and it’s more like how generators are serviced, you could have serviced it for the hrs it’ running, rather than the KM’s

·         No Gear box, nothing to maintain ?

Experience Driving…! ( I only had about 10 mins of Driving this amazing car wish I had more time to experiment).

Absolutely loved it, (Correct me if I’m wrong as we have an owner)

·         Smooth acceleration, due to no gears, no hiccups due to electric motor from leaf, which has been time tested for over 7 years now.

·          E-Peddle is kool you basically don’t need to use the Break much in the S and E modes.

o   Best part is in Uphill or Downhill, the car doesn’t move a bit, guess this is standard in the Leaf also with E-Peddle, it just holds the car put, no need to use the break peddle.

o   I can really get used to this kind of driving ? as you can relax in traffic and keep your leg off the break as it auto breaks, even in slopes.

o   And when you are let go of the peddle from high speeds, and even if you don’t put your leg in the break peddle, the car automatically lights up the break lights to alert the behind vehicles, that’s it’s slowing down. Regenerative breaking.

o   Can be driven without the breaking ~80% of the time, brake pads will last a lifetime.

·         It’s got 3 modes of driving N/E/S = Normal / Eco / Super Break

o   Normal – after break peddle released the car starts moving, after acceleration when you let go of the e-peddle, it’s like Neutral on manuals, just coasts. Behaves more like an Auto gear car.

o   Eco – Controls the acceleration to optimize fuel economy.

§  When break peddle is lifted the car doesn’t move at all like in N mode.

§  Need to push on the e-peddle to get it moving.

§  It controls the acceleration to have a eco driving, still it’s quick.

§  Then I just slammed just to see what happens and it turns in to the beast and go like crazy, like in S and N modes.

§  I felt the regenerative break is not as strong as in S mode.

o   Super Break –

§  Car only move when the e-peddle is pressed otherwise it’s stand still like E mode.

§  Regeneration is strong here they say about 20% of full breaking capacity

§  It’s smooth and no need to hard break at all.

§  And you can control the breaking power also from the e-peddle letting it off fully, will produce the most breaking with regeneration.

§  If you let it go smoothly then its a controlled breaking experience without ever stepping on the Break Peddle.

§  When you accelerate it’s a different story unlike the E mode, instance acceleration, no delays. If you slam it that is.

·         Otherwise it’s nice like an average car without the hiccups you get when gears get changed.

Only Drawback I see is that Nissan Leaf battery almost dies after 5 years, it could happen to this also. The car depends heavily on the battery, don’t know if it can be driven from the engine alone like a generator. Good thing is the size of the battery is 1/20 of leaf’s, meaning it’s price will be hope fully 1/10 of the price.

Acceleration is just crazy in low speeds,  (of course it's not a tesla roadster 0-100 in 1.9 secs and cost 200K USD :))

·         0-40 less than 2 seconds – In traffic you can just launch before others could blink,

·         40 to 80 it’s like 3 seconds. – while going behind a slow driver effortless overtaking.

Max speed might be 160Km even though 180Km is listed, could not try that where I got to drive it. May be our owner could try this @ highway ?

Overall one of the best driving experience I had, from a Family car which has a massive boot, seating for 5 adults, with ample legroom at the back seats, it’s impressively comfortable, weight about 1200Kgs. It’s cornering also quite good, as the batteries are below the front seats.

The one I drove had 360 cams with reverse and forward sensors and extra camera at the top of the rear dicky, to show the rear view while driving so even if you have items in the back seat or boot, still you can have a nice view of the back though the rear view mirror which turns to a full screen display when switched to that mode, otherwise it’s like a normal mirror. This is Factory Fitted options.

You must experience a drive on this car, you’ll just fall in love with it, it’s got best of both worlds, Performance and Fuel Economy with comfort.

If you can afford some extra cash, can try the Nismo E-Power, it’s good some nice  front and rear bumper with side shirts, additional items for handling and a tuning computer.

Hope Nissan guys dumps their latest Leaf’s motor which is 330Nm, on the Note or Micra and couple it with their 900CC turbo engine, then tax will be half.  They already using the New leaf motor on the Sarena E-power. 0-100 times will drop to 6 secs ?

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I bought a ePower car recently. Mr. Amarapala was right..  It worked 22km/l in the highway at 100kmph speed from Colombo to Galle.

I can Update you all with my future experiences with the car.

By the way... does anybody have the English version of the Owners' manual?

On 7/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, FuelCell said:

Good thing is the size of the battery is 1/20 of leaf’s, meaning it’s price will be hope fully 1/10 of the price.

not exactly. What matters is the power of the battery. As technology advances, engineers are able to pack more power in to smaller packages. So being small does not necessarily mean it will be cheaper to replace.

Is this particular vehicle offered by SL official agents?

The problem with Leaf is not only the price, also the non-availability of batteries even from Japan.

FYI as per this Forum thread , there is a USA Lawsuit against Nissan because the battery can loose more than 27% of its capacity EVERY year in a Hot climate(like Sri Lanka). Hope Nissan have learned from the past mistakes. 

Edited by vag2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Mr. Amarapala is quite right, I noticed fuel consumption is nearly 18km/l in heavy traffic such as near Rajagiriya fly over around 7am on School days.

BTW my NOTE is very quite when driving with battery power... but when the engine starts it makes a very loud buzzy sound. I wonder weather it is normal or fault of the engine. Does anyone has such experience in their Note ePower?

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, Sanaboy said:

Yes, Mr. Amarapala is quite right, I noticed fuel consumption is nearly 18km/l in heavy traffic such as near Rajagiriya fly over around 7am on School days.

BTW my NOTE is very quite when driving with battery power... but when the engine starts it makes a very loud buzzy sound. I wonder weather it is normal or fault of the engine. Does anyone has such experience in their Note ePower?

Its very normal situation 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, Amarapala said:

I have one. No time for critical reviews man. :action-smiley-060:

Find below Short n' Sweet description: (hope this is helpful )

Unplugable EV - Next Generation Hybrid technology

1.5kWh Li Battery

0-100km/h time (sports mode) = 7sec :violent-smiley-030:

1.2 petrol engine/Generator. tank 35L (+ 7L reserve)

This only needs service in 10,000km / 6 months (what ever reach first) OIL= 0W-20

Manufacturer marked fuel consumtion: 34 Km/l

Actual fuel consumtion in SL Sunny day with AC temp 24 C :

heavy traffic avg speed 5km/h = 18 Km/l 

moderate traffic avg speed 60km/h = 24 Km/l  - 26 Km/l 

less traffic avg speed 80km/h = 30 Km/l 

less traffic avg speed 50km/h = 36 Km/l  (Eco mode)

High way avg speed 100km/h = 22 Km/l  - 24 Km/l 

Very Economical + Comfortable car with extended room capacity  :medium-smiley-032:

e-pedal technology (single pedal drive) with 3 Drive modes

comparable to 2.0L turbo engine

Now this is the NO:1 selling Car (hatchback category) in Japan 2017/2018

Hi Mr. Amarapala,

Do you still use the e power? Any problems noted so far? Is the fuel efficiency still same like you have mentioned? Any idea how frequently does battery need to be replaced?

Edited by AyazN

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Amarapala said:

Same as before from 2017. (Do not mix up with leaf old battery technology which drastically decreasing its performance within 3 years.)

Really love this car with the performance Comfort and fuel economy 

Hi Mr. Amarapala, Do you think this is a better option than Aqua 2017 model? 

Are spare parts available for this car in our country? 

May I know from where did you buy the car?

Definitely better option than aqua.

I personally imported. THIS IS THE BEST SELLING CAR IN JAPAN in its category since 2017.

Nothing much maintenance.

Use 0w20 full synthetic oil ( service per 10000 km)

Engine(generator) is 2017 Nissan March gasoline 

Electric Mortor-Nissan Leaf

Torque 254Nm (amazing pulling power)

Very spacious, comfortable interior with plenty of legroom.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Amarapala said:

I personally imported. THIS IS THE BEST SELLING CAR IN JAPAN in its category since 2017.

Saw a black car for sale with the description saying the same! The thing is whatever works in japan doesn't work like it's supposed to here in SL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, nmj44772 said:

Has anyone owning a Nissan epower nismo version? Your opinion? Thinking of importing one for the permit.

E25BA190-9B9F-458B-8374-6E15B181DE59.jpeg

FB180F8B-A15A-4FA4-AC27-D1BF57B17A7B.jpeg

Hello good day yes I have Nissan note epower  nismo 2018 20000km driven but I have one problem with it in hot weather with AC working it start throwing very hot air from back seat passenger side actually hybrid fan pipe ends on this side under the seat and it keep throwing hot air for long time and it's very uncomfortable for who is sitting on back seat that side everything get warm there I want to know if anybody experienced it and if any remedy please share with me, both time I experienced on high way

Thanks and regards

[email protected]

Pakistan