• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

kumho tyres

selvanath

• 9 months later...

I shifted to Kumho recently. I too, agree with the road noise. Wet performance, dry performance etc. are pretty good with Kumhos. Comfort is alright (my tyres are low profile anyway). I have experience with Sumitomo, Toyo, Bridgestone (all Japan), Hankook, Kumho, Nexen (all Korea), Kinforest, Deruibao (both Chinese), Continental (Germany). This is how I would rate them purely based on perception (from best to worst).

Sumitomo>Hankook> Toyo> Bridgestone>Kumho>Kinforest>Continental>Deruibao>>>>>>>> Nexen

(Nexen gave me nightmares. I chucked all four tires after about 10,000 -15,000 km and decided to absorb the loss)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Crosswind said:

I shifted to Kumho recently. I too, agree with the road noise. Wet performance, dry performance etc. are pretty good with Kumhos. Comfort is alright (my tyres are low profile anyway). I have experience with Sumitomo, Toyo, Bridgestone (all Japan), Hankook, Kumho, Nexen (all Korea), Kinforest, Deruibao (both Chinese), Continental (Germany). This is how I would rate them purely based on perception (from best to worst).

Sumitomo>Hankook> Toyo> Bridgestone>Kumho>Kinforest>Continental>Deruibao>>>>>>>> Nexen

(Nexen gave me nightmares. I chucked all four tires after about 10,000 -15,000 km and decided to absorb the loss)

I have recently changed my 4 tires to Dunlop SP Sport LM704 (Japan) which is great tires (Comfort, Road Noise). On the tire it says Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Is Dunlop also Sumitomo or Dunlop use their rubber?

I used a set of Solus KH17 for nearly 47,000Kms on my Civic. I must say I was very pleased with them as the served me well. But due to my irregular checking of pressures, the four tires wore differently. They had fantastic road holding in dry and wet and was only slightly less softer than the current Michelins I have got.

39 minutes ago, Randeewa said:

I have recently changed my 4 tires to Dunlop SP Sport LM704 (Japan) which is great tires (Comfort, Road Noise). On the tire it says Sumitomo Rubber Industries. Is Dunlop also Sumitomo or Dunlop use their rubber?

Sumitomo is the actual manufacturer of Dunlop (and Falken) tyres in Japan. Sumitomos are available in Sri Lanka by the official agent. Unlike other agents, they don't fix tyres for you. You have to buy the tyres and get them fitted elsewhere. However, you will find that they are relatively cheaper compared to big-name brands. The reason for this business model is they are one of the oldest tyre importers to Sri Lanka and they have their shop in Sea Street, Pettah, where no soul can easily reach.

Agent details: http://rainbowpages.lk/vehicle/tyre-tubes-retail-wholesale/v-r-vadivetkarasan-enterprises/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kumho gave me troubles once (agent Alfed edirisinghe those days) since then i have not used that brand but they must have improved now. These days I used to buy sumitomo tyres from Vadivetkarasan. As crosswind says most of people do not like to go to sea street in search of tyres ?

On 10/3/2018 at 1:02 PM, rukmaldk said:

I used a set of Solus KH17 for nearly 47,000Kms on my Civic. I must say I was very pleased with them as the served me well. But due to my irregular checking of pressures, the four tires wore differently. They had fantastic road holding in dry and wet and was only slightly less softer than the current Michelins I have got.

There are Vietnam made once as well. I thnik they are not good as Korean once.

I used Kumhos as my front tyres, beause I had to change them in a hurry due to a sudden trip to matara.What I notice is the HIGH ROAD NOISE which begins to crawl into the cabin from 30kmph which extremely annoying. I previously used thai or malaysia made Falkens which currently serves as the rears and they are pretty decent. But with the front Kumhos and rear Falkens I reached 180kmph twice without any vibrations or issues. But the road noise is something seriously noticable

From what I heard, Dunlops are comfortable, less in noise but wears pretty quickly.

• 4 years later...