• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift 2017 vs Toyota Vitz

u.work

Question

I am on the lookout for a new ride in the 4 to 4.5 mill range.

The Suzuki Swift 2017 has a 1.0L turbo engine so will be much more pleasurable to drive. For around 4.2 million I believe you can get the entire safety package with cruise control as well. Is this vehicle manufactured in Japan or India? From my understanding both the RST and RS models are manufactured in Japan. 

The Vitz on the other hand will hold its value better, possible easier on the maintenance side. But the current Vitz is the 2016 model, with no new model released this year. So is there a possibility of a new model next year? 

This also begs the question, is it worth spending a little more (close to 8 laks) for a Swift RS model. This can be had for around 4.8 million without cruise control and the safety package. If I am upgrading it would be mainly for resale value a year or two down the line. Is it something worth considering? 

Edited by u.work

4 answers to this question

On 12/12/2017 at 9:45 AM, u.work said:

I am on the lookout for a new ride in the 4 to 4.5 mill range.

The Suzuki Swift 2017 has a 1.0L turbo engine so will be much more pleasurable to drive. For around 4.2 million I believe you can get the entire safety package with cruise control as well. Is this vehicle manufactured in Japan or India? From my understanding both the RST and RS models are manufactured in Japan. 

The Vitz on the other hand will hold its value better, possible easier on the maintenance side. But the current Vitz is the 2016 model, with no new model released this year. So is there a possibility of a new model next year? 

This also begs the question, is it worth spending a little more (close to 8 laks) for a Swift RS model. This can be had for around 4.8 million without cruise control and the safety package. If I am upgrading it would be mainly for resale value a year or two down the line. Is it something worth considering? 

Hi,

I don't have much understanding on the RST model, but the Swift RS hybrid gives a really good driving pleasure for its kind. And if you step lightly, you can get around a 12-15 km/pl in the city if you're concerned on the fuel economy.

On 12/16/2017 at 1:07 PM, thirtyone said:

Hi,

I don't have much understanding on the RST model, but the Swift RS hybrid gives a really good driving pleasure for its kind. And if you step lightly, you can get around a 12-15 km/pl in the city if you're concerned on the fuel economy.

Thanks for the response. Your RS model is a partial hybrid if I'm not mistaken? This can be identified as follows: light blue hybrid logo = partial hybrid, dark blue logo = full hybrid. I would assume the full hybrid would do a lot more than this.

I test drove both the RS Mild Hybrid a Hybrid SL and RST 1.0L turbo variant in Japan when they were first released. The RS Hybrid, which is a mild Hybrid, is actually much nicer than the 1.0L Turbo variant (not that the turbo engine is bad...the mild and full hybrids have a much peppier feel to it). 

Edited by iRage

1 hour ago, iRage said:

I test drove both the RS Mild Hybrid a Hybrid SL and RST 1.0L turbo variant in Japan when they were first released. The RS Hybrid, which is a mild Hybrid, is actually much nicer than the 1.0L Turbo variant (not that the turbo engine is bad...the mild and full hybrids have a much peppier feel to it). 

Oh, that's pretty cool! Based on current yen and tax rates, what is the price of the mild RS version in LKR (without importers cut of course). I'm asking because I see prices ranging from 4.6 to 5.1 in the lankan market.