• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buy car which have low fuel consumption

Janithapraneeth

• 4 weeks later...
I plan to buy a toyota Pixis (Daihatsu mira). Is it worth??
In that post I did mention Toyota Mirai (Not Mira), which is a future car to use HHO (Water) as a Fuel.

Since Pixis is a Kei car, it should do better on fuel economy.

Sorry dude, i never owned Pixis before.
So, I can't comment on that.
Other members at AL forum may help you on this.

• 10 months later...

I know this is thread is pretty old, nevertheless going to share my ultra-positive experience on the fuel consumption of the Daihatsu Mira (Toyota Pixis). We had a Peradua Kenari as a 2nd car and it never did more than 10-12km/liter (town running in Kandy). We upgraded the Kenari to a 2016 December Mira in November 2018 and I'm blown away by it's fuel consumption.

Even with the usual Kandy traffic, it does 20 km/liter and still above 16 km/l even with really bad traffic.

I took a drive to Colombo last weekend mainly to check out its fuel consumption and I was blown away even further!

I started with a full tank from Kandy.

Till about Pasyala (from Kandy) it averaged over 32 km/liter and by the time I got to my destination in Dehiwala, it had gone down to about 28 km/liter. All these values are based on the fuel consumption gauge on the dashboard.

Just to double check that reading, when I came back to Kandy, I pumped fuel again. The whole trip had been 260 km and I pumped 11 liters which gives an average of ~23.5 km/l. This was the total trip from Kandy-Colombo-Kandy. There was plenty of traffic in Yakkala, Kiribathgoda etc. etc.

All in all, this was an amazing experience and I love every bit about this car. The technology is just unbelievable and my advice for anyone looking for a car of this size to go with a Mira or Pixis or the like and to avoid 'hybrid' WagonRs and the like at any cost.

BTW, before I made up my mind to purchase the Mira, I test drove a WagonR; I won't mention numbers here, but the fuel consumption was nowhere near what I'm getting on the Mira.

Amazing car... two thumbs up.. can recommend to anyone looking for high fuel efficiency!

Chanaka

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CRabel said:

I know this is thread is pretty old, nevertheless going to share my ultra-positive experience on the fuel consumption of the Daihatsu Mira (Toyota Pixis). We had a Peradua Kenari as a 2nd car and it never did more than 10-12km/liter (town running in Kandy). We upgraded the Kenari to a 2016 December Mira in November 2018 and I'm blown away by it's fuel consumption.

Even with the usual Kandy traffic, it does 20 km/liter and still above 16 km/l even with really bad traffic.

I took a drive to Colombo last weekend mainly to check out its fuel consumption and I was blown away even further!

Till about Pasyala (from Kandy) it averaged over 32 km/liter and by the time I got to my destination in Dehiwala, it had gone down to about 28 km/liter. All these values are based on the fuel consumption gauge on the dashboard.

Just to double check that reading, when I came back to Kandy, I pumped fuel again. The whole trip had been 260 km and I pumped 11 liters which gives an average of ~23.5 km/l. This was the total trip from Kandy-Colombo-Kandy. There was plenty of traffic in Yakkala, Kiribathgoda etc. etc.

All in all, this was an amazing experience and I love every bit about this car. The technology is just unbelievable and my advice for anyone looking for a car of this size to go with a Mira or Pixis or the like and to avoid 'hybrid' WagonRs and the like at any cost.

BTW, before I made up my mind to purchase the Mira, I test drove a WagonR; I won't mention numbers here, but the fuel consumption was nowhere near what I'm getting on the Mira.

Amazing car... two thumbs up.. can recommend to anyone looking for high fuel efficiency!

Chanaka

Great to read on your positive experience in Mira. And also glad to know there are still people out there who think out side of the Box and not living in these echo chambers of Wagon'Rs and Stringray's.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CRabel said:

Chanaka

Am i the only one seeing a bit of marketing here? Seems like its the newest trend in AL. ??

Well the Mira is not a bad car at all it's a decently put together kei - and it does relatively good on fuel though 23+ is  wishful thinking. IMO.... the appeal the Wagon R has is not purely due to  the 'trend' for instance there's a lot more room in that boxy design. And if you drive both you will realize that the Mira can be quite under-powered. City crawling is fine [which was what these cars were built for] but on long distance it can be a little frustrating. 

@CRabel - I get it  you're super hyped about your new car and you really want to shout out 'I love this' - what better way to do that than find ONE thread dedicated for the Mira OR create a new one if that does not exist. Do a full review. post some pics - talk about a road trip you did, service intervals all that  cos   that's what people do on these forums.  Either that or you're trying to market it like that Cefiro guy over the weekend - he was found out , busted and humiliated. So please stop spreading the Mira love everywhere and keep it to one thread. 

Edited by matroska

These guys are ranting about spot economy figures on the display, do the math over a period of atleast 1000km, you'll see it barely crosses 20kmpl atmost, whatever the kei with 92 oc or 95 oc.

Colombo to Kandy its almost mostly downhill till Warakapola, the system starts throwing high fuel figures, if you note your spot display it drops to like 10-12kmpl uphill, that too the mira sorta turns off the alternator to lessen the load, turn on the lights and it further drops, i'm sure your values are without AC. 

Try any ISG driven Suzuki kei, in terms of weeny power and tiny fuel gains, it will rape the mira hands down.

Its just a well thought out comfortable kei, not a philosphy to the world, and there is no argument where you compare a standard kei car with a mild hybrid kei and say which is more economical.

also do note, all this ranting is most likely about 3000 bucks which you may save at the  end of the month which will easily vanish if u break a wheel, a lug, small fender bender, tyre wall cut/ rupture, nudge a pedestrian, catch a cough / cold or diarrhea.

Edited by tiv

2 hours ago, tbird said:

Yes, seems like marketing campaign. I saw he has posted about Mira fuel consumption in lot of old threads related to small cars 

I don't see any marketing strategies here! Since CRabel is Newbie, he/she might be overwhelmed by the fuel efficiency of his Mira. It doesn't mean he is doing marketing for Mira. Japanese cars in Sri Lanka don't need advertisement to sell.

For a 660 cc Kei car those fuel figures may be possible, but IMO it cannot be compared to the cars of the same class or other hatchbacks/sedans.

14 hours ago, CRabel said:

Chanaka

Downhill driving may have resulted in those higher fuel figures.

For a fair review, you could have mentioned the fuel figures during the uphill drive.

Also note, 260 km is not adequate to come up with these figures. You could have tested many times before posting this.

Anyway, I appreciate your love towards the Mira.

Edited by gNaveendra

15 hours ago, CRabel said:

Chanaka

Dear chanaka

My wife too have a Daihatsu Mira (2017 new model), but fuel consumption doesn't even close to yours :( 

Realistically in Colombo traffic, mira does 13-15Km/L, this car is our daily commuter.. 

Outstation, it does about 20 - 25 Km/L depending on how fast & hard you drive. 

Actually my Axio Hybrid does 14-16 Km/L in the same route.

Mira being a fully petrol kei car, with no hybrid battery what so ever, i believe, this is a versatile city car to use as a 2nd vehicle for longer period.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:35 AM, gNaveendra said:

I don't see any marketing strategies here! Since CRabel is Newbie, he/she might be overwhelmed by the fuel efficiency of his Mira. It doesn't mean he is doing marketing for Mira. Japanese cars in Sri Lanka don't need advertisement to sell.

Actually when someone creates a new account in AL and starts praising one particular car, its usually a dealer, trying guerilla marketing. We have seen it hundreds of times in the past and in almost all cases, they make unbelievable claims, which get rebuked nicely, by the members here. 

This may be a car importer or a genuine owner. You never know. But when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is! 

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

Actually when someone creates a new account in AL and starts praising one particular car, its usually a dealer, trying guerilla marketing. We have seen it hundreds of times in the past and in almost all cases, they make unbelievable claims, which get rebuked nicely, by the members here. 

This may be a car importer or a genuine owner. You never know. But when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is! 

@CrosswindHe is a genuine owner...can vouch for that!!!!

Edited by Indrajeedez
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 12:50 PM, Crosswind said:

I also refute the lower fuel consumption claim by CRabel! For a fair part, s/he should have driven a few thousand km to come up with the values. Also should be vigilant on CRabel's advise which is biased towards Mira/Pixis and against WagonR.

The annoying part is, just putting a comment and not coming back to answer the replies.

Edited by gNaveendra

On 11/14/2018 at 8:32 AM, matroska said:

Well the Mira is not a bad car at all it's a decently put together kei - and it does relatively good on fuel though 23+ is  wishful thinking. IMO.... the appeal the Wagon R has is not purely due to  the 'trend' for instance there's a lot more room in that boxy design. And if you drive both you will realize that the Mira can be quite under-powered. City crawling is fine [which was what these cars were built for] but on long distance it can be a little frustrating. 

@CRabel - I get it  you're super hyped about your new car and you really want to shout out 'I love this' - what better way to do that than find ONE thread dedicated for the Mira OR create a new one if that does not exist. Do a full review. post some pics - talk about a road trip you did, service intervals all that  cos   that's what people do on these forums.  Either that or you're trying to market it like that Cefiro guy over the weekend - he was found out , busted and humiliated. So please stop spreading the Mira love everywhere and keep it to one thread. 

He has fallen in love for the woman who eats less and do more work???I believe for the journey from Kandy to Pasyala will do about 23kmpl,but other than that,it’s just wishful thinking.

Anyway I got 18+kmpl from my 121 twice and I’m not sure abt that. One day I travelled to moratuwa from kegalle. I pumped 2000 worth 92 and at the end there are were significantly more fuel than  the moment when I pumped the fuel at morning.When I calculated I got a figure above 18.5kmpl.Can’t exactly measure how much fuel is left,therefore better to say 18kmpl.But I got zero traffic during the journey as I travelled at 5am and returned from Moratuwa at 9pm.Sticked to speeds around 70-90kmph.I believe the car had done at least around 17.5kmpl.But around town it only gives me around 9-10 since Kegalle is a hilly area.Fuel is not a major concern for me since the car sometimes do less than 300kms per month.

Edited by alpha17