• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota vitz 2016 vs Suzuki Baleno 2016/2017

R H S Fernando

Question

7 minutes ago, R H S Fernando said:

I like baleno as it is much stylish in comparative to vitz

Yes, the Baleno is stylish because it is a newer model than the Vitz which has been around for a while now.

But I hope you are aware of the fact that Baleno is built in India and not in Japan unlike the Vitz. Apart from that the Baleno is superior to the Vitz in terms of looks, space and the 1.0 Boosterjet engine on the Baleno is much better to drive than any of the engines on the Vitz. Having the 1.0 Boosterjet engine with manual transmission is a sure winner. 

Being a petrol only (non hybrid) Suzuki, Baleno maintenance cost is quite low plus sourcing parts is very easy give that they are made in India.

• Like 1

Where the Baleno is concerned there is no difference in whatever is called an international edition vs. an indian version. The Baleno for the Japanese market is made in India and the differences between the JDM version and the Indian version are almost nothing.

The Baleno's reviews are not that very good (not to mention not very popular in Japan). It's ride is apparently not decent and handling is not very good compared to a Swift (mainly because it has small suspension components). Also, whilst the quality is good the refinement is not there.

EDIT : Granted they all say the BoosterJet engine and the AT transmission work wonderfully together)

Between the Baleno and the Vitz....go with the Vitz. The steering is light and the engine does not feel very sporty but the car does feel rather nimble, ride is inbetween...and although plasticy the interior is actually not too bad and has been put together with more detail than a Baleno. Not to mention although the design is old it does have a solid feel to it, and the car has been tried and tested.

I would rather compare the 1.0L Swift with the Vitz.  

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, zeristo said:

Being a petrol only (non hybrid) Suzuki, Baleno maintenance cost is quite low plus sourcing parts is very easy give that they are made in India.

At this stage this would be pure speculation....at this point in time we have no idea what the parts costs are like. Since the JDM and Indian and other country markets variants are all the same...the components might actually be higher in price due to higher performance thresholds. Even with the Japanese vs. Indian Swift...most of the major components were not that far off in prices were they ? and when there was a price difference it was mainly because the Indian version was completely stripped down and had components that were not required to have the same thresholds as the JDM variant (which is not the case with the Baleno anymore).

I had a look at a Beleno few months ago at an A*W showroom. Comparing to other Maruti vehicles, built quality is way better than cars like Alto and Celero. I don't know how this car performs in the second hand market with the Sri Lankans perception about Indian made cars...

Im also thinking of choosing in-between vitz vs baleno. vitz 2016 can't even come close to baleno 2017 when it comes to features. adaptive cruise control, radar breaking etc. etc. for around 3.5mil - 3.6mil it seems real good deal to go with baleno. 

But still skeptical of sri lankan second hand market for baleno. 

I had same doubts and watched all the reviews of Baleno Turbojet Variant on YouTube. Ultimately went with Toyota Vitz for reliability and second hand value.
I can't believe Baleno is 20kg lighter than the Vitz comparing the dimensions. Lesser quality material?

Edited by kumudugayashan

On 12/8/2017 at 9:28 PM, iRage said:

Where the Baleno is concerned there is no difference in whatever is called an international edition vs. an indian version. The Baleno for the Japanese market is made in India and the differences between the JDM version and the Indian version are almost nothing.

The Baleno's reviews are not that very good (not to mention not very popular in Japan). It's ride is apparently not decent and handling is not very good compared to a Swift (mainly because it has small suspension components). Also, whilst the quality is good the refinement is not there.

EDIT : Granted they all say the BoosterJet engine and the AT transmission work wonderfully together)

Between the Baleno and the Vitz....go with the Vitz. The steering is light and the engine does not feel very sporty but the car does feel rather nimble, ride is inbetween...and although plasticy the interior is actually not too bad and has been put together with more detail than a Baleno. Not to mention although the design is old it does have a solid feel to it, and the car has been tried and tested.

I would rather compare the 1.0L Swift with the Vitz.  

What if I willing to sacrifice 3-4 lacks in future (may be after 4-5 years when I am selling my car), would you still prefer vitz over baleno.

I mean using a car which is more stylish and which has more modern day specifications in the expense of few lacks. What is your expert opinion?  

4 hours ago, R H S Fernando said:

What if I willing to sacrifice 3-4 lacks in future (may be after 4-5 years when I am selling my car), would you still prefer vitz over baleno.

I mean using a car which is more stylish and which has more modern day specifications in the expense of few lacks. What is your expert opinion?  

Personally I won't spend my hard earned money in something which I'm not confident with.  But that It's up to you to decide.

By the way Baleno's VIN details and their MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LTD name is stamped like this on the chassis.

Baleno VIN 2.jpg

7 minutes ago, kumudugayashan said:

Personally I won't spend my hard earned money in something which I'm not confident with.  But that It's up to you to decide.

By the way Baleno's VIN details and their MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LTD name is stamped like this on the chassis.

Baleno VIN 2.jpg

What I am asking is “ if all these fears are solely due to second hand market popularity  that will be a risk some buyers would not mind to take.” It has no doubt that vitz has got very good value when it comes to second hand market. And it will remain so for at least next couple of years. I just want to rule out the fact of second hand market value and get the opinion from someone who really has good idea about both these cars.

10 hours ago, R H S Fernando said:

What I am asking is “ if all these fears are solely due to second hand market popularity  that will be a risk some buyers would not mind to take.” It has no doubt that vitz has got very good value when it comes to second hand market. And it will remain so for at least next couple of years. I just want to rule out the fact of second hand market value and get the opinion from someone who really has good idea about both these cars.

Whats with all the repetition :huh:.

10 hours ago, R H S Fernando said:

Why do you keep posting the same damned post over and over again? Post something ONCE!. 

In answer to your question, people who know what they are talking about have already expressed their opinion here quite clearly, explaining why the Vitz is a better bet. If you still think you would prefer the Baleno, then go ahead and buy it, it appears that you've already decided to do so anyway, so why waste time asking endless questions?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Why do you keep posting the same damned post over and over again? Post something ONCE!. 

In answer to your question, people who know what they are talking about have already expressed their opinion here quite clearly, explaining why the Vitz is a better bet. If you still think you would prefer the Baleno, then go ahead and buy it, it appears that you've already decided to do so anyway, so why waste time asking endless questions?

Quiet, supra-natural and all the others sorry for my mistake. Sorry for annoying repetition, and I thought that all who participated in discussion will only receive my reply if only I asked everyone individually. Sorry that won’t happen again.

@ Supra natural- no I have not yet decided to buy the baleno yet. And even after your criticism still my question looks fair to me. If you are getting annoyed by my DAMMED QUESTION please stay away from answering them.

Those who answered previously provided good insight to baleno vs vitz battle. And that is why I asked further questions from those who shared their thoughts. Stay cool bro none of these personal. It looks like all who answered have good Idea of the subject than I do. So respect to all who contributed!

Cheers!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, R H S Fernando said:

Quiet, supra-natural and all the others sorry for my mistake. Sorry for annoying repetition, and I thought that all who participated in discussion will only receive my reply if only I asked everyone individually. Sorry that won’t happen again.

@ Supra natural- no I have not yet decided to buy the baleno yet. And even after your criticism still my question looks fair to me. If you are getting annoyed by my DAMMED QUESTION please stay away from answering them.

Those who answered previously provided good insight to baleno vs vitz battle. And that is why I asked further questions from those who shared their thoughts. Stay cool bro none of these personal. It looks like all who answered have good Idea of the subject than I do. So respect to all who contributed!

Cheers!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your profile picture is a Baleno and despite everyone who has experience with them telling you they are not great you still keep asking whether it's ok to buy it. That sounds like you have already decided on it and are looking for support for your decision. At the end of the day it's your car, your money so it's you who will have to live with the consequences of your choice. Buy what YOU really like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, kumudugayashan said:

@hrm I can't find any... for 1000cc variants. Where have you seen this?

check this in chrome with translation

[1.0 F, F "M package", 1.0 Equipped with gasoline vehicles (2 WD) excluding Jewela as standard equipment]

http://toyota.jp/vitz/interior/cockpit/?padid=ag341_from_vitz_in_cockpit04#

• Like 1