• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle for 8 million

sfernando

Hi All,

I am looking for an upgrade and would like to consider below vehicles around 8 million budget.

Toyota premio new model - 

Toyota prado 120  2007  petrol model

Nissan xtrail hybrid

Outlander phev older model

Please suggest which vehicle I would better to go for considering driving pleasure, after sale value, fuel economy and maintenance cost.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, sfernando said:

Hi All,

I am looking for an upgrade and would like to consider below vehicles around 8 million budget.

Toyota premio new model - 

Toyota prado 120  2007  petrol model

Nissan xtrail hybrid

Outlander phev older model

Please suggest which vehicle I would better to go for considering driving pleasure, after sale value, fuel economy and maintenance cost.

Thanks

I personally owned a Premio 2017 and I'm happy with the vehicle
It is really fuel economical and comfortable. And you know it has a good resale value as it has a good reputation in Sri lanka
It has most of the new bells and Whistle . If you need a decent pull you can use the S mode.

I have heard some issues about the new Xtrial Hybrid you can refer the following links
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/18012-75-km-per-l-xtrail-2015-4x4/?page=1#comment-304788
http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/19046-new-nissan-t-32-xtrail-hybrid-or-petrol-gear-box-issue/?tab=comments#comment-304827

Prado you are considering is 10 years old and it might start to give you some trouble.

The CH-R Turbo 1.2 L is also an option for you to consider.

You better do a test drive before you finalize your choice.

Good luck

On 12/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, sfernando said:

Guys, thanks a lot for your valuable comments. Please let me know out of these two options

Mazda 6 2014-2015 2000CC

Premio 2016-2017 1500CC

Which one do you recommend?

Mazda 6 for sure, if you can, get a 2015 or later model. options are more modern in 2015 or later models.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 9:25 AM, sfernando said:

Guys, thanks a lot for your valuable comments. Please let me know out of these two options

Mazda 6 2014-2015 2000CC

Premio 2016-2017 1500CC

Which one do you recommend?

The Mazda 6, eyes closed. It's on a whole different level from a premio.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sfernando said:

How is the resale value for Mazda 6? Is it safe to buy a 2014-2015 car and sell it in 2 years without loosing much?

well resale value is a fickle thing that we cant predict . Historically to be honest  it won't sell as easily as a Premio cos of the whole sri lankan toyota obsession . But  you will be able to sell without 'loosing too much'....

but if i were in your shoes i'd get the Mazda - have traveled quite a bit in a friends mazda 6 and that thing is in a class of it's own! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sfernando said:

How is the resale value for Mazda 6? Is it safe to buy a 2014-2015 car and sell it in 2 years without loosing much?

Why do you wanna sell when you buy a mazda 6 :D not for the next 4 years for me (already one year gone)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sfernando said:

I really can't help you there, because I buy my cars looking at using them and enjoying them as much as possible, NOT thinking about what the resale is going to be like. If you're that concerned about the return, maybe you should put the money in an FD and take alternative transport?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfernando said:

Guys, how about honda vezel rs with along with mazda 6 or premio? which one would you pick out of 3?

You really are a fan of comparing things that can't be compared aren't you? In this case it's like asking whether an Apple, a Pineapple or a Coconut is better.

My personal pick would again be the 6, because it is a far superior car to the other two choices. The Vezel is based on the platform of the Fit, which is a small economy car. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sfernando said:

Guys, how about honda vezel rs with along with mazda 6 or premio? which one would you pick out of 3?

Go for the Vezel. It gives a quadrillion miles a gallon and your neighbour uncle and aunty will think you have made it!

30 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

You really are a fan of comparing things that can't be compared aren't you? In this case it's like asking whether an Apple, a Pineapple or a Coconut is better.

My personal pick would again be the 6, because it is a far superior car to the other two choices. The Vezel is based on the platform of the Fit, which is a small economy car. 

Dude... how many years have you been in this forum? Haven't you learned anything about the Sri Lankan proles? :D The only platforms these guys know are platforms in train stations.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, sfernando said:

since you are a Vezel user you know in and out of the vehicle. if it suits for your need then just go for a new vezel.

if you really want to find vehicles which can be compared with Mazda 6, see this page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-segment.

Edited by MV-5
typo

12 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

The answer is obvious ! COCONUT ! With a coconut, you can drink the water, eat the white stuff and then use the shell as a tool or for "protective" clothing :D You can only eat an apple (or drink it if you have a blender). The pineapple has only two uses, but if you have a blender then it gives the coconut a run for its money :D 

12 hours ago, Crosswind said:

Dude... how many years have you been in this forum? Haven't you learned anything about the Sri Lankan proles? :D The only platforms these guys know are platforms in train stations.

Well...these "proles" are the offspring of our messed up import duty/tax system. We are probably the only country in the world (or amongst a very few) where a luxury marquee can actually cost lesser than a Japanese econo-box. 

• Like 1

If i am you no doubt i select Premio. Because reselling value is very very important factor to any vehicle owner in srilanka  no one like to sold vehicle  less than purchasing price in srilanka,  other than exceptional cases. 

yes mazda 6 has various additional options than premio with full fun of driving and attractive look, but remember no one purchase vehicle for his entire life.

2 hours ago, dhanuFB15 said:

If i am you no doubt i select Premio. Because reselling value is very very important factor to any vehicle owner in srilanka  no one like to sold vehicle  less than purchasing price in srilanka,  other than exceptional cases. 

yes mazda 6 has various additional options than premio with full fun of driving and attractive look, but remember no one purchase vehicle for his entire life.

Thank god he is not you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dhanuFB15 said:

if some one has 8 million and if that person can compromise and go for a Premio over Mazda 6 just only because of resale value and the market, then the best option is compromise more and go for a micro geely MX 7 (used) and put rest 6+ million in a FD (3 months, interest added back to capital when renew). after 5 year FD will grow very close to 13 million. it is profitable even you had to discard the MX 7.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, MV-5 said:

if some one has 8 million and if that person can compromise and go for a Premio over Mazda 6 just only because of resale value and the market, then the best option is compromise more and go for a micro geely MX 7 (used) and put rest 6+ million in a FD (3 months, interest added back to capital when renew). after 5 year FD will grow very close to 13 million. it is profitable even you had to discard the MX 7.

Shots fired :D 

On 12/27/2017 at 11:16 AM, dhanuFB15 said:

Well it's a good thing there's only one you, because you come across as a bit retarded. 

• Like 1