• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

dinuka888

Engine oil in air intake manifold

Question

Hi, I am using a Nissan March (manufactured in yr 2000) which has run 127,000 kms. Recently an engine miss came up in the cold start. My mechanic removed the throttle body and found a lot of carbon built up inside it. He cleaned up the carbon and engine miss was gone... However when he removed the throttle body, I found some engine oil inside the air intake manifold. When I ask it from him he told that it's normal and is nothing to worry about. However, I am curious about the reason how the engine oil flows to air intake and is it a symptom of a much bigger problem... Experts in the forum, pls help me to solve this out... ☺️Thanks in advance....

1 answer to this question

Get your PCV checked. It is NOT normal to find oil in the intake side but more often than not it is a simple thing like a clogged up or stuck PCV.  If not it can be due to clogged up oil baffles on the cam cover. Again not a difficult thing to clean and solve.

You can refer to the thread below for more details.

http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/17113-engine-miss-petrol-smell-in-cold-start/#comment-282647