• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
nsiva

Displaying copy of revenue licence in windshield

Dear friends,

i have a small clarification to make. Once I was warned by a traffic policeman if I don’t have the copy of car Rev. License pasted in my front windshield, he will be issuing a spot fine. 

How is that possible? Can any friends knowing the legal background tell me how it will be an offence since the original was avilable with me inside the car?

is there any provision in Motor traffic act saying a copy of rev. license at the front is more important than the original inside the car..!

What if I have only the copy pasted buy no original with me at the moment..?

thanks 

Edited by nsiva

As far as I know, it is a must to display your vehicle's revenue licence along with the vehicle's ID card on the front windshield. These two documents are first hand proof to show that your vehicle is road legal even when the vehicle is parked and the owner isn't there. 

2 hours ago, nsiva said:

is there any provision in Motor traffic act saying a copy of rev. license at the front is more important than the original inside the car..!

I haven't seen the gazette but afaik and heard it is true....

It is in the motor traffic Act and its already gazetted. Act states that revenue license should be visible to a person standing on the left-hand side from the front windscreen. Statue also mentions that you must always carry the original revenue license in your vehicle.

• Like 2

Thanks zeristo & peugeot407..

ok now I got the whole reason behind it.  When the the car is parked and the owner is not available, it would show the road-legality of the car. 

Thanks