• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

22 hours ago, matroska said:

i used to have a GP1 and these figures are quite ok I used to get something between 12-14. non of the IMA hybrids are super fuel efficient - including insight, and the Civic FD3 - what I have noticed though is the hybrid batteries on those models seem to last longer. 

I believe this depends on the person and the driving style. Long distance I got a reading around 19 - 20 KM/L. City in traffic mine does 16-17 KM/L. I have done 42K reading now. It is just that you have to focus on the ECO meters provided in the car. 

14 minutes ago, tperera said:

I believe this depends on the person and the driving style. Long distance I got a reading around 19 - 20 KM/L. City in traffic mine does 16-17 KM/L. I have done 42K reading now. It is just that you have to focus on the ECO meters provided in the car. 

yeah on outstations it's quite fuel efficient - specially on the expressways.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:42 AM, tperera said:

Have you calculated fuel consumption from one pump to the next? From my experience dashboard indication is slightly optimistic. Mine does 16-18kpl depending on traffic. But I do not drive in high traffic regions. Worst I've done is around 14kpl per tank when I had to travel frequently in traffic during time I got wedding stuff to attend to. 

Guys, 

Do Stafford do the repair if we bring parts from outside?

Can someone help me to find out the part number for irradium spark plugs of Fit-Hybrid

5 hours ago, vitz said:

Guys, 

Do Stafford do the repair if we bring parts from outside?

Can someone help me to find out the part number for irradium spark plugs of Fit-Hybrid

PMed.

Hi All,

60000 km after doing the piston ring cleaning option, my vehicle started giving the problem again. I am in a great trouble as I am not around in SL but the repair needs to be done urgently. In my absence, it will too risky to get it done at a garage.

Thinking of going for the safest option, Contacted StXXXX MoXXXXs and their estimate is roughly around Rs. 250,000.00. To my surprise, they do not give any warranty for the repair except the verbal warranty that the problem will not come again. Guys, how trustworthy SM guys are to hand over the vehicle and get done the repair in my absence? given a warranty is not offered!!!!

By the way, the vehicle has got into limp mode on the way to Colombo, as a temporary fix all spark plugs were changed and oil replaced with 40 (These stupid things can happen when a knowledgeable person is not around :)). The car has already done 153000 km,  will the use of 40 thickness oil further degrade the engine?

Now the vehicle runs okay but quite sluggish on hilly roads (kadugannawa). How risky to use the vehicle for a few weeks till I return back.......

Edited by vitz

Like I have mentioned on my original post. Fix the root cause. Cleaning is only a temporary fix. Many have got through this issue by fixing the root cause. PM for the garrage contact.