• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Front Defogger

Ted

Hi Friends,

When rainy and cool days my car front windshield is filled with fog in outside. I have to use wipers always to remove this fog. What could be the reason for that? Does it imply that my front defogger system not working? I checked front windshield air veins and cold air is coming when front defogger button is selected. 

3 hours ago, aamarakoon said:

If you use the windshield air vents during rain you have to use hot air. Or else use A/C with face vents

Mine is a climate control no hot air option only increase the temperature.. I have tried incresing temp no change...

Pretty common issue on the Carina AT19X and even the AT 21X - especially if you park the car under the sun always. This is due to the degradation of the sponge that seals the flaps inside the air ducts.

Basically, when you change the direction of the air flow, flaps within the ducts open and close off passages to direct air out through the selected vent. These flaps have a spongy/foamy border so that it seals off the duct, preventing airflow. When the seal is degraded, it doesn't seal properly and cold air flows into other ducts and out through (in this case windscreen) vents.

You will need to take the glove box out and inspect the ducting and flaps to make sure they seal properly. If the sponge is okay, you might need to adjust the cabling so that the flap tightly seals the ducts when you change air the flow knob/switch.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Davy said:

Pretty common issue on the Carina AT19X and even the AT 21X - especially if you park the car under the sun always. This is due to the degradation of the sponge that seals the flaps inside the air ducts.

Basically, when you change the direction of the air flow, flaps within the ducts open and close off passages to direct air out through the selected vent. These flaps have a spongy/foamy border so that it seals off the duct, preventing airflow. When the seal is degraded, it doesn't seal properly and cold air flows into other ducts and out through (in this case windscreen) vents.

You will need to take the glove box out and inspect the ducting and flaps to make sure they seal properly. If the sponge is okay, you might need to adjust the cabling so that the flap tightly seals the ducts when you change air the flow knob/switch.

Hi Davy,

Thanks for advices. In fact I checked all the spongy material are not anymore... Seems I have to reinstall them. Will check after doing that. Thanks again..

• Like 1

Hi Friends,

Thanks all for the comments.. in fact as jmzsl said.. a maka bass has by passed the heater. I removed tge heater and checked for leaks by just sinking it to a water basin. No continious bubbles came out. I do not think the pipes are leaking since they are straight forward.. 

What is the correct way of checking heater for leaks?