• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota C-HR 1.2L vs Audi Q2 1L

B2Spirit

Question

I would like to know Pros and Cons of these 2 vehicles.

Due to the new tax system these 2 vehicles have become attractive.

I checked the specs and noticed that the C-HR is slightly bigger and considerably heavier.

But the power output listed for both engines seems to be around 115PS.

This is a general comment...not specific to Audi....if you can get the same car, for the same price through the official agent as opposed to a grey importer. Give the "agent" option very very very strong consideration. True..some agents in SL are sucky..but for the most part going with the official agent has a ton of benefits when it comes to warranty related services. With grey imports you are at the mercy of the importer and a third party warranty service provider who will have 101 clauses to make sure they don't have to give you much free of charge.

Putting the price aside..why do you want an Audi ? 

If you want an ordinary looking cross over with some decent driving pleasure and a bit of a premium level of comfort and finish...and you are willing to take the car to get serviced to proper garages (not your baas and service boy down the street)  and repairs....then go for the Audi.

If you want a fun and nimble  little crossover that looks funky...doesn't have the most practical of trunk spaces (or rear visibility..you don't need that anyway :D ) with pretty good build quality a reasonably plush interior and don't take it to your baas and service boy down the road for services and repairs and want to sell it off easily even after you abuse it to death...the go for the Toyota.

• Like 1

At the end of the day it will be a matter of personal preference. I have test driven a few C-HRs and they were fun little cars, looks funky (which makes it not so practical in some senses) and well built. So far the Turbo engine has not had any bad issues with it (it first came out in the Auris last year ? or a bit before that) so the engine seems to be solid, and the Hybrid variant...well we are all familiar with the Hybrid system.

I haven't driven or checked out an Audi but I don't think it can be bad. The Q2 might look a bit normal in the styling department but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The Audi might actually have a bit of a sportier drive feel to it if its anything similar to some of the other models (The CHR actually handles quite well for a Toyota). Plus one is an Audi and the other is a Toyota...so if brand prestige is something you are after then obviously go for the Audi. But then the Toyota will probably be quite easy to get rid of in a few years.

So yeah....at the end of the day its up to you....

Been and driven the C HR 1.2ltr.

Looks funky, handles well, smooth ride. Decent pickup for a small engine, well built.

Rear seats are cramped and you feel like you are cramped inside a cage.

End of the day its a TOYOTA and will retain market value.

Q2 have got no experience but saw 1 on road looks nice but little small in dimension and has got a 1 litre engine. Interior is little old taken from Audi A1.

Will have that oomph factor! Coz its an Audi!

Both Vehicles are aimed at Youngsters.

For me everything other than the rear seats are good in CHR is good for current price. Mind you my friend bought it for 10mn which dint justify its price.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, B2Spirit said:

But the power output listed for both engines seems to be around 115PS

no surprise there, European engines are tuned to operate at higher efficiency level to bring more HP with less engine capacity. On the other hand there could be things like oil consumption and needing special hi-performance oils that can survive the harder operating conditions.

All European cars available until now lost about 1million resale value per year in the first 5 years of use. But it Would be interesting to see how the resale value of a low priced Audi would develop over the years.

But since you are a person already asking the funny question Audi or Toyota, the latter which would give you better resale value after a few years would be more suitable .

On 11/24/2017 at 7:38 AM, zeem35 said:

Audi Q2 manual is advertised for 6.25mn online.

My car sale friend told me he is taking orders for automatic 6.6mn

Company's next shipment is on March. Previous shipments all sold out! ?

could you message me you car sale friend's contact number please?

On 11/24/2017 at 7:38 AM, zeem35 said:

Audi Q2 manual is advertised for 6.25mn online.

My car sale friend told me he is taking orders for automatic 6.6mn

Company's next shipment is on March. Previous shipments all sold out! ?

Are you sure your car sale "friend" is getting down the 1L automatic? Would you mind sharing some details if not againts the forum rules or msg me if so... 

3 hours ago, VTEC said:

Are you sure your car sale "friend" is getting down the 1L automatic? Would you mind sharing some details if not againts the forum rules or msg me if so... 

Spoke to him today. He said have to wait till march and he said around 6.6mn possible +/-

Hi,

So was considering the Q2 since the past 5 months and have not been able to make up my mind.

It's between the CHR 1.2L and the Q2 or maybe even the A3. Any advice from people who are owning either one?

Also I've seen many grey Q2s and A3s being brought down by importers from Japan, South Africa and Australia.. These are priced similar to the agents price around 8mil+ but have more features than the agent imports like the virtual cockpit etc. Do you ll think the ones from the agent is still worth it paying the same price but getting lesser features than the grey imports? Also the agents won't service the Grey's according to them.. any downside on the Grey's?

A little bit of advice from someone who knows about Audi's would be much appreciated.

Torn between the CHR or the Q2. And if Q2 whether to go with the Agent or Grey Import. Also the fact that one can also get an A3 Sedan fully speced grey import for nearly the same price.

Thanks in advance!

This is just my 2 cents.

Bought a brand new vehicle from the agents 4 years ago.That time there were not many gray imports for the Permits like nowadays anyway.

So during the 4 years period (the agent warranty was only for 3 years / 60k KMS) did not had any issue which needed resolving with agent or warranty. Of course this is a gamble i understand.  But unless if its a very high tech vehicle or unknown brand, should you pay close to 1mil as agent commission or go for a brand new gray import with more options. 

Also not sure apart from Porsche anyone else offers an extended warranty up to 10 years. 

I just bought an Audi. Now running here and there to find a good service and maintenance place.  So think about agent vehicles as well. 

Nothing related, just got to know that local BMW agents have done huge import tax fraud by changing original BMW invoices. My estimate is they have not paid tax amounting to Rs.3.0Bn. It seems BMW Germany are in the process of providing authorities the original  invoices. Not sure if they will lose the local agency. However the owners are German, so never know.

2 hours ago, JayZ said:

This is just my 2 cents.

Bought a brand new vehicle from the agents 4 years ago.That time there were not many gray imports for the Permits like nowadays anyway.

So during the 4 years period (the agent warranty was only for 3 years / 60k KMS) did not had any issue which needed resolving with agent or warranty. Of course this is a gamble i understand.  But unless if its a very high tech vehicle or unknown brand, should you pay close to 1mil as agent commission or go for a brand new gray import with more options. 

Also not sure apart from Porsche anyone else offers an extended warranty up to 10 years. 

But he said the grey import and agent vehicles are the same price...only difference is that he has to sacrifice some bells and whistles, at the end of the day I believe the features that are really important are still the same...

yes normally the big 3 german luxury brands haven't given any issues within the first 3-5 years from design problems that need agent support. To be extra safe make sure its a mature model in the world market, pump high quality fuel and keep away from Rats.And  you need to follow service intervals conservatively ..

Edited by ajm

Hi guys thanks for the valuable inputs. As many of you have advised and after speaking to a couple of people also, the best route would be to go through the agents. Yes like iRage mentioned will loose a few bells and whistles, but it'll be peace of mind at the end of the day.. and the agents for Audi aren't bad as some of the other euro agents known for their lack of care...

Between the CHR and Audi even though both being priced similarly, the Audi probably has more value in terms of CIF pricing than CHR on which you end up paying more duty.. the safest route would be the CHR, bigger crossover, Toyota badge, hack it to death.. but for some reason leaning towards the Q2, bit smaller that what I would want but was quite zippy and nimble when test drove.. and the Audi Premium badge ofcourse.

Interestingly whislt researching these 2 came across the CRV too which apparently the 2WD 5 seater seems to be good buy at 8.5ish. much bigger and a practical cross with very good options/features... Making my choice a bit more difficult..

3 hours ago, iRage said:

But he said the grey import and agent vehicles are the same price...only difference is that he has to sacrifice some bells and whistles, at the end of the day I believe the features that are really important are still the same...

Well ...haven't we all spoiled by the new features up to certain extent? 

Gone are the good old days where look over your shoulder to reverse. But now, being used to 360 overhead view and moving guide lines, even a normal reversing camera looks like yesterdays tech. 

Not to mention cooled seat feature with leather upholstery, your butt will thank you for it in a hot day ... :)  Memory seats if more than 1 person use the vehicle ... auto cornering headlights ...  etc etc .. These are not even the newest features by today's standards .. but probably would become standard like good old full option with  power shutter / power mirror. :)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, iRage said:

3 instances people known to me had issues with Euros

1. Battery needed replacement within two years was done under warranty saving over Rs. 400k

2. ECU got busted saving over Rs. 1.0 Mn.

3. Had a issue with a gray import agent registration + cost of repair over Rs. 700k (so much for the saving)

If you're buying Euros warranty should be a major consideration not just 1-2 years get it extended even with a payment believe me it is worth.

Personally i had a issue with a Jap few years back which was done under warranty apart from that Japs have been totally reliable for a Jap i would not worry so much on the warrenty 

On 6/8/2018 at 4:55 PM, VTEC said:

Hi guys thanks for the valuable inputs. As many of you have advised and after speaking to a couple of people also, the best route would be to go through the agents. Yes like iRage mentioned will loose a few bells and whistles, but it'll be peace of mind at the end of the day.. and the agents for Audi aren't bad as some of the other euro agents known for their lack of care...

Between the CHR and Audi even though both being priced similarly, the Audi probably has more value in terms of CIF pricing than CHR on which you end up paying more duty.. the safest route would be the CHR, bigger crossover, Toyota badge, hack it to death.. but for some reason leaning towards the Q2, bit smaller that what I would want but was quite zippy and nimble when test drove.. and the Audi Premium badge ofcourse.

Interestingly whislt researching these 2 came across the CRV too which apparently the 2WD 5 seater seems to be good buy at 8.5ish. much bigger and a practical cross with very good options/features... Making my choice a bit more difficult..

you could get a slightly used CRV for less than Rs. 8.0 Mn.