• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

B2Spirit

Toyota C-HR 1.2L vs Audi Q2 1L

Question

I would like to know Pros and Cons of these 2 vehicles.

Due to the new tax system these 2 vehicles have become attractive.

I checked the specs and noticed that the C-HR is slightly bigger and considerably heavier.

But the power output listed for both engines seems to be around 115PS.

14 answers to this question

At the end of the day it will be a matter of personal preference. I have test driven a few C-HRs and they were fun little cars, looks funky (which makes it not so practical in some senses) and well built. So far the Turbo engine has not had any bad issues with it (it first came out in the Auris last year ? or a bit before that) so the engine seems to be solid, and the Hybrid variant...well we are all familiar with the Hybrid system.

I haven't driven or checked out an Audi but I don't think it can be bad. The Q2 might look a bit normal in the styling department but that is not necessarily a bad thing. The Audi might actually have a bit of a sportier drive feel to it if its anything similar to some of the other models (The CHR actually handles quite well for a Toyota). Plus one is an Audi and the other is a Toyota...so if brand prestige is something you are after then obviously go for the Audi. But then the Toyota will probably be quite easy to get rid of in a few years.

So yeah....at the end of the day its up to you....

Been and driven the C HR 1.2ltr.

Looks funky, handles well, smooth ride. Decent pickup for a small engine, well built.

Rear seats are cramped and you feel like you are cramped inside a cage.

End of the day its a TOYOTA and will retain market value.

Q2 have got no experience but saw 1 on road looks nice but little small in dimension and has got a 1 litre engine. Interior is little old taken from Audi A1.

Will have that oomph factor! Coz its an Audi!

Both Vehicles are aimed at Youngsters.

For me everything other than the rear seats are good in CHR is good for current price. Mind you my friend bought it for 10mn which dint justify its price.

11 hours ago, B2Spirit said:

But the power output listed for both engines seems to be around 115PS

no surprise there, European engines are tuned to operate at higher efficiency level to bring more HP with less engine capacity. On the other hand there could be things like oil consumption and needing special hi-performance oils that can survive the harder operating conditions.

All European cars available until now lost about 1million resale value per year in the first 5 years of use. But it Would be interesting to see how the resale value of a low priced Audi would develop over the years.

But since you are a person already asking the funny question Audi or Toyota, the latter which would give you better resale value after a few years would be more suitable .

Interior of the Q2 offered by the agents has a Indian feeling to it. Not very refined

2 hours ago, vitz said:

How about estimated price comparison?

CHR GT high spec will be 7.5mn according to car sale friend

Q2 7.9mn company quoting will give a discount!  It has just one spec!

Audi Q2 manual is advertised for 6.25mn online.

My car sale friend told me he is taking orders for automatic 6.6mn

Company's next shipment is on March. Previous shipments all sold out! 😯

On 11/24/2017 at 7:38 AM, zeem35 said:

could you message me you car sale friend's contact number please?

On 11/24/2017 at 7:38 AM, zeem35 said:

Are you sure your car sale "friend" is getting down the 1L automatic? Would you mind sharing some details if not againts the forum rules or msg me if so... 

3 hours ago, VTEC said:

Are you sure your car sale "friend" is getting down the 1L automatic? Would you mind sharing some details if not againts the forum rules or msg me if so... 

Spoke to him today. He said have to wait till march and he said around 6.6mn possible +/-

Spoke to him today. He said have to wait till march and he said around 6.6mn possible +/-

could you PM me his contact information please