• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Emission test

JMahesh

Even with the emission test reports with you, still you can be fined, if spot measurements by road side tests prove that your vehicle is not maintained up to the standards. This happened somewhere during recent past.  

Did they fine you???

Do traffic police has Mobile emission testing system?

Was they provided with the training to handle test equipments?

31 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

Did they fine you???

Do traffic police has Mobile emission testing system?

Was they provided with the training to handle test equipments?

No its not by the traffic police. By the cea officials. Yes they have mobile emission testing equipment and they are qualified and trained to do all those testing.  They are the people who regulate all the emission test centres around the Sri Lanka and involve in defining the emission thresholds too. 

No these  road side tests are very seldom. Usually they stop the vehicles randomly ( of course traffic police need to be there).  afik there are no spot fines for failing to abide emission standards.  Problem comes  if spot testing fails while you carry a valid testing certificate with you.  I saw few such cases in media.

Further, you should aware of the validity of testing equipment and technical competence of the staff in the emission testing centres. You always have the right to ask calibration certificate of all the testing equipment, specially the sensors.  Most of these gas , vibration, particle, noise censors are very sensitive and require timely maintenance, change of filters, cleaning and calibration by authorized persons or vendors ONLY.  afik test centres are following those standards. But ..

If you really want to check your vehicle emission levels at home,  can get a branded and reliable sensor for a  around 1.2 M from Sri Lanka. ;)

Edited by trish_auto
  • Like 1

No its not by the traffic police. By the cea officials. Yes they have mobile emission testing equipment and they are qualified and trained to do all those testing.  They are the people who regulate all the emission test centres around the Sri Lanka and involve in defining the emission thresholds too. 
No these  road side tests are very seldom. Usually they stop the vehicles randomly ( of course traffic police need to be there).  afik there are no spot fines for failing to abide emission standards.  Problem comes  if spot testing fails while you carry a valid testing certificate with you.  I saw few such cases in media.
Further, you should aware of the validity of testing equipment and technical competence of the staff in the emission testing centres. You always have the right to ask calibration certificate of all the testing equipment, specially the sensors.  Most of these gas , vibration, particle, noise censors are very sensitive and require timely maintenance, change of filters, cleaning and calibration by authorized persons or vendors ONLY.  afik test centres are following those standards. But ..
If you really want to check your vehicle emission levels at home,  can get a branded and reliable sensor for a  around 1.2 M from Sri Lanka. [emoji6]

Do CEA possess mobile emission testing unit to test Vehicle Emission ÷at the exhaust)?

But I'm sure they perform this for ambient air quality testing.

I don't have any idea to own such testing equipment at the moment or I didn't ask about it's cost.
BTW, do you sell such equipment?

8 minutes ago, gNaveendra said:

Do CEA possess mobile emission testing unit to test Vehicle Emission ÷at the exhaust)?

But I'm sure they perform this for ambient air quality testing.

I don't have any idea to own such testing equipment at the moment or I didn't ask about it's cost.
BTW, do you sell such equipment?

No not the air quality monitoring unit. There is a different division for that.  Yes they do the test at the exhaust. 

I was kidding. You can any time get your vehicle tested from a nearby emission testing center.  I am not selling those equipment but I was into to research in a similar area.

Keep your filters, injectors, plugs clean,  do oil changes on time.  do a compression test if it is required.  Then nothing to worry about emission, noise, vibration levels. :)

• Like 1

If you fail the emission test there is also the dustbin method. You place a Rs.500 note in the centre dustbin and Shazam your passed report appears. That's what my brother in law did with his diesel 110 :rolleyes:

Edited by Quiet
  • Haha 1

If I ask a question from all of you what would be your answer.  Select one from the  given answers..genuinely 

Question : why do you really take your vehicle to the emission test  ?

Answers 

(a). Because I really concern about the air pollution and I want to keep my vehicle emissions below thresholds.

(b). Because I can't renew my road license  / revenue license without emission test certificate

(c). None of above. Other reason.

:unsure:

Edited by trish_auto

• 1 month later...