• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

N16 Head Light

Nadee7

Question

Advice please...

I have an small issue.My car right side head bulb (H4) when its dim mode very yellowish but when its head mode very bright.

I want to know issue is with bulb or reflector.I have clean the front of plastic light.(Cut & polish)

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

Advice please...

I have an small issue.My car right side head bulb (H4) when its dim mode very yellowish but when its head mode very bright.

I want to know issue is with bulb or reflector.I have clean the front of plastic light.(Cut & polish)

Thanks.

Best thing is, replace the bulb with left hand side bulb and see whether issue remains.. if issue resolves, then it could be due to some issue in your right side bulb connector..

Let us know your findings, then we can guide you to identify the exact root cause.

16 minutes ago, PerfMad said:

Best thing is, replace the bulb with left hand side bulb and see whether issue remains.. if issue resolves, then it could be due to some issue in your right side bulb connector..

Let us know your findings, then we can guide you to identify the exact root cause.

There is a issue also.My left side bulb is H1.Its not fit to H4 bulb housing.

2 hours ago, Nadee7 said:

There is a issue also.My left side bulb is H1.Its not fit to H4 bulb housing.

Better check with someone else who uses the same car to see what the original bulb socket is.. As far as i know it should be H4.

Wait!!. What you are saying is you have 2 different bulb types on left and right sides? That's impossible unless you have a pretty fu*ked up light setup. If you have H4 , it has both low and high beams inside. If you have H1 , it's for the high beam and there must be another H7 for the low beam. Which means it's a quad light setup. ( H1+H7 and  H1+H7)

Can we see a photo of your head lights ? 

Edited by NRX

Yes.Right side H4 & Left H1.H1 socket is smaller than H4 socket.im i correct??

32 minutes ago, NRX said:

Wait!!. What you are saying is you have 2 different bulb types on left and right sides? That's impossible unless you have a pretty fu*ked up light setup. If you have H4 , it has both low and high beams inside. If you have H1 , it's for the high beam and there must be another H7 for the low beam. Which means it's a quad light setup. ( H1+H7 and  H1+H7)

Can we see a photo of your head lights ? 

Cant fix H1 bulb to H4 socket. I changed H1 bulb recently cost 2000 rupees. it's rare model. 

24 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Do you have the n16 facelift or the non facelift ?

Are you referencing to the high and low bulbs within the same sides lights ?

No physically one bulb there. In that light frame they have printed bulb type.

its H4 in right side & left side IH01

6 minutes ago, Muditha420 said:

@Nadee7 why not save us the trouble n upload some images of the bulbs as well as the headlight housing and holders please. Apparently there is one with two bulb types per housing but i cant find an official site saying the types

I'll upload.In that headlight housing mentioned in right side H4 & left side IH01.

H4 bulb cant fix to IH01 socket .

5 minutes ago, Nadee7 said:

No physically one bulb there. In that light frame they have printed bulb type.

its H4 in right side & left side IH01

IH01 = H4B

its the same thing as H4, someone would have changed your headlight due to an accident or something.

Just get 2 H4 bulbs.

2 minutes ago, The Stig said:

IH01 = H4B

its the same thing as H4, someone would have changed your headlight due to an accident or something.

Just get 2 H4 bulbs.

Yes someone changed due to accident.But i checked H4 bulb is larger than IH01.So we cant fix H4 bulb to IH01 socket.

Im @ office now ill upload some photos.