Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ted

AC vacuume pump and gauges

Recommended Posts

Hi friends,

I am planning to carry out AC services and repairs of my car my self. But I need HVAC vacuum pump and vacuum gauge. Do you know any place to buy such gadgets with a fair price? Your comments are highly appreciated. Bye for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better let a trained pro handle it bro,

But if you must, DIY, go to A+co Nugegoda.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cost of the equipment may cost much more than the cost of the spares,...:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

The cost of the equipment may cost much more than the cost of the spares,...:o

Yes I know but at if the service is carried out periodically, then cost will be worth...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ted said:

Hi friends,

I am planning to carry out AC services and repairs of my car my self. But I need HVAC vacuum pump and vacuum gauge. Do you know any place to buy such gadgets with a fair price? Your comments are highly appreciated. Bye for now.

There are many shops in Union Place at the Nawaloka Hospital end to buy these stuff .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ted

 

I may be able to arrange a can of 134 gas for around 10k and also other equipment at discounted prices if you

let me know the prevailing market prices. My email [email protected]

Regards

mysa

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with @Twin Turbo. If all you're going to work on is your car, the investment you'll have to make on all the equipment will outweigh the actual benefits. Remember that it's not only gauges that you will have to buy. You'll need welding equipment, refrigerant and many other tools as well, depending on what needs to be repaired.

Also, a properly maintained and repaired AC system can run for years on end without issues. So again, your investment will not be of actual benefit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Davy said:

Agree with @Twin Turbo. If all you're going to work on is your car, the investment you'll have to make on all the equipment will outweigh the actual benefits. Remember that it's not only gauges that you will have to buy. You'll need welding equipment, refrigerant and many other tools as well, depending on what needs to be repaired.

Also, a properly maintained and repaired AC system can run for years on end without issues. So again, your investment will not be of actual benefit. 

I agree with the Davy and Twin Turbo , that the cost is not justifiable .

I did this DIY work for my old car for the transformation of  R12 to R134A  two years ago.

The investment was around 35K for the necessary equipment and tools plus another 45K for the Compressor, Condenser, Filter , Expansion Valve , Evaporator, lines & Gas etc.

The work is hard under the dash and lower engine bay. Also need some skill for jointing lines etc. The welding works for lines done at a local a service provider,

The project was successful, still prevailing with much cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed with the guys above, the average cost to do a service (flush, clean, re-gas) would be around 4-5k and you can go on for about 2 years if there are no leaks. So is it really worth it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×