• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Swift Hybrid 2017?

dilshant80

Question

Can anybody comment on the availability of spares & the cost of maintenance regarding swift hybrid? Actually nowadays I am searching for a car and I am hesitating whether to go for 2014/15 used Aqua or 2017 Suzuki Swift SL/ML?

11 hours ago, gayan30 said:

Can anybody comment on the availability of spares & the cost of maintenance regarding swift hybrid? Actually nowadays I am searching for a car and I am hesitating whether to go for 2014/15 used Aqua or 2017 Suzuki Swift SL/ML?

mate we are talking about a 2017 car and you want to know about spares and maintenance cost? ? 

Thanks for the response. However, I am going to buy my first car. Almost all my office guys have Aquas 13,14 & 15 ones. So when I told about Swift to them their main question was that, maintenance, spares and second hand market. Actually Aqua is better, but as per my budget it is impossible to buy a b/new one. Swift seems good, since it is new to SL still hard to find good reviews like Aqua. So now I am hesitating whether to go for 14/15 used Aqua with risk of battery replacement or Swift 17 ML/RS or SL. 

4 hours ago, gayan30 said:

Thanks for the response. However, I am going to buy my first car. Almost all my office guys have Aquas 13,14 & 15 ones. So when I told about Swift to them their main question was that, maintenance, spares and second hand market. Actually Aqua is better, but as per my budget it is impossible to buy a b/new one. Swift seems good, since it is new to SL still hard to find good reviews like Aqua. So now I am hesitating whether to go for 14/15 used Aqua with risk of battery replacement or Swift 17 ML/RS or SL. 

I had a Aqua 2013 G Limited and sold it and bought the Swift Hybrid. You say the Aqua is better? I would say HELL NO! Here is why:

- Same fuel consumption as Aqua

- Higher ground clearance than Aqua

- More spacious inside with ample leg room than Aqua

- More comfortable than Aqua

- Better driving pleasure than Aqua

Only downside of the swift is that the insurance premium is higher. Thats it. I am so glad I went for this after the Aqua

So I believe you have got your opinions from questionable sources who are probably Toyota addicts who will even buy a jack fruit if its badged as a toyota.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, dilshant80 said:

my full hybrid does 20+ in traffic so RS figure looks right 

I have checked some of the Japanese Auction sites and found full hybrid and Mild are going with more or less same price. Some times full hybrids with lesser price. Do you have any idea about this? 

50 minutes ago, Kese said:

I have checked some of the Japanese Auction sites and found full hybrid and Mild are going with more or less same price. Some times full hybrids with lesser price. Do you have any idea about this? 

my guess is that because full hybrid one doesn't come with a RS version. So people go for the mild hybrid one

Edited by jmzsl
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jmzsl said:

my guess is that because full hybrid one doesn't come with a RS version. So people go for the mild hybrid one

May be, but for a fuel efficient one doing more than 6km/l additionally (based on the references from this forum) going on a lower price is a wonder for me. Is there any other reason here expertz?

4 hours ago, Kese said:

I just checked market prices of new cars at the dealer and open market and no its not....its just your analysis of the prices might have a few clinks.

Its not just about whether a car is Full Hybrid or Mild Hybrid that determines the price...its also the packages and accessories that have been ordered with the car.

In general

The 2WD RS Hybrid (Mild) runs between 1.6mil to 1.85mil depending on the package and options. The Hybrid SL (full Hybrid and highest grade in the full Hybrid range) starts at about 1.7mil and goes up to 2mil yen depending on the package. A that is SL similarly spec'd as the 1.85mil yen RS still goes for 2mil yen and a SL that is specd as a 1.6mil yen RS goes for about 1.7mil yen. A Hybrid SG (full Hybrid) which is lower in spec than both the SG and RS on the other hand goes between 1.5mil to 1.7mil yen....so yes you can find a full Hybrid which less that a Mild Hybrid RS because of the trim level differences.

Take slightly used 2017 models..it is the same story...

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, iRage said:

I just checked market prices of new cars at the dealer and open market and no its not....its just your analysis of the prices might have a few clinks.

Its not just about whether a car is Full Hybrid or Mild Hybrid that determines the price...its also the packages and accessories that have been ordered with the car.

In general

The 2WD RS Hybrid (Mild) runs between 1.6mil to 1.85mil depending on the package and options. The Hybrid SL (full Hybrid and highest grade in the full Hybrid range) starts at about 1.7mil and goes up to 2mil yen depending on the package. A that is SL similarly spec'd as the 1.85mil yen RS still goes for 2mil yen and a SL that is specd as a 1.6mil yen RS goes for about 1.7mil yen. A Hybrid SG (full Hybrid) which is lower in spec than both the SG and RS on the other hand goes between 1.5mil to 1.7mil yen....so yes you can find a full Hybrid which less that a Mild Hybrid RS because of the trim level differences.

I too kept a eye on aucjp prices during last month. 1L turbo is going from  yen 1.3 Mn to 1.5 Mn. But Hybrid SL normally selling around  yen 1.1 Mn and SG for around 0.95 Mn

27 minutes ago, jmzsl said:

I too kept a eye on aucjp prices during last month. 1L turbo is going from  yen 1.3 Mn to 1.5 Mn. But Hybrid SL normally selling around  yen 1.1 Mn and SG for around 0.95 Mn

Again....its about the packages...not just the engine....even brand new...a 1.0L Turbo goes between 1.7mil to 1.9mil yen....which is the same price as the Hybrid SL (highest grade of the Full Hybrid).  and way more expensive than the SG.

So you need to stop comparing prices strictly based on engine type. Although Sri Lankans get turned-on and only think about whether its Hybrid or not and how many kmpl it gets to figure out the value of a car....manufacturers consider a lot more...

Wind back a few years and used...the same logical structure applies...along with additional factors like maintenance history, condition, etc...along with demand....the RSt is much more desirable model than the SG or SL because of its sports trim....so those who cannot afford to buy a brand new one will naturally want to buy a barely used one. It is also about numbers....if you look at the models for sale on popular sales sites....there 150+ RS Hybrids....about 5 RSts and 31 SLs...

So due to the high desirability and low availability..obviously the RSt would be pricier. The SL on the other again are low on availability because not many people are actually selling them off ? RS on the other hand...seems to be a hot seller because it is a mid way between the econ. features offered by the SL and some of the sporty trim of the RSt

Also....are your auction prices accurate ? That seems way too low.... <--- nevermind....I misread your post and thought you said the SL was .9mil yen...SL 1.1mil would seem about right for an average spec'd one...

Edited by iRage

Just now, jmzsl said:

Yep. I got my hybrid SL one for 1.15 Mn. Highest auction price I saw for hybrid one is 11.67 Mn

Like I re-edited....I misread your post....I thought you said a SL was .9mil and didn't see the 1.1 you had in the middle and the SG before the .9

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

Again....its about the packages...not just the engine....even brand new...a 1.0L Turbo goes between 1.7mil to 1.9mil yen....which is the same price as the Hybrid SL (highest grade of the Full Hybrid).  and way more expensive than the SG.

So you need to stop comparing prices strictly based on engine type. Although Sri Lankans get turned-on and only think about whether its Hybrid or not and how many kmpl it gets to figure out the value of a car....manufacturers consider a lot more...

Wind back a few years and used...the same logical structure applies...along with additional factors like maintenance history, condition, etc...along with demand....the RSt is much more desirable model than the SG or SL because of its sports trim....so those who cannot afford to buy a brand new one will naturally want to buy a barely used one.

Also....are your auction prices accurate ? That seems way too low....

Yes. 1.0l RSt has a huge demand based on auction prices. As said the condition of vehicle and accessories determines the prices. Just compared both ZC53S RS( Top grade Mild Hybrid) & ZC43S SL (Top grade Full hybrid). Yes the RS model has a separate demand (nearly 1.2m yen, last month) with the sporty appearance by trim changes in the body. But performance wise Full Hybrid is there with same price or little less than RS (1.15m yen, last month).  These are auction prices.

If the reason was not because of issues/ default in  mechanical and performance and prices variances were due to the exterior and appearances, as an ordinary person in Sri Lanka I will consider full hybrid Sl (Recent fuel price hike force me to go with this)?

Swift ZC43S - 1.5Mil Yen.png

Swift ZC 53S Rs - 1.2 mil yen.jpg

Base spec to base spec...you actually get more "features" in the SL...in the RS the base features in the SL gets added on by means of a package..which adds more features than the SL...so it ends up being more expensive...

When I test drove the three..I preferred the Hybrid over the Turbo...as the electric motor added a bit of peppyness off the mark and in city driving...the turbo felt a bit lazy...because the Turbo engine its self is not configured for sportyness but just a matter of downsizing a 1200cc engine.

But yeah...the SL looks rather ...well...maturish....and the RS and RSt more youthful and sporty. and youthfulness can be achieved in the SL through after market wheels and suspension upgrades later on :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, iRage said:

Base spec to base spec...you actually get more "features" in the SL...in the RS the base features in the SL gets added on by means of a package..which adds more features than the SL...so it ends up being more expensive...

When I test drove the three..I preferred the Hybrid over the Turbo...as the electric motor added a bit of peppyness off the mark and in city driving...the turbo felt a bit lazy...because the Turbo engine its self is not configured for sportyness but just a matter of downsizing a 1200cc engine.

But yeah...the SL looks rather ...well...maturish....and the RS and RSt more youthful and sporty. and youthfulness can be achieved in the SL through after market wheels and suspension upgrades later on :D

Good. Glad to know you drove those 3. Hope the full hybrid is good option for city drive as well. Only issue is available colors. I saw only red (are there 2 reds?), Blue, Maroon, silver and white ( Are there any Grey / metallic grey?)

37 minutes ago, Kese said:

Good. Glad to know you drove those 3. Hope the full hybrid is good option for city drive as well. Only issue is available colors. I saw only red (are there 2 reds?), Blue, Maroon, silver and white ( Are there any Grey / metallic grey?)

According to the Suzuki Japan website it comes with one red and yes it comes with grey 

Edit: Sorry. it does not come with Grey

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/swift/detail/index_hybridsl.html

Edited by jmzsl

1 hour ago, Kese said:

Well...none of the Swifts come in Grey (technically). Its silver...the RS and RSt has a color called "Premium Silver Metallic" which I suppose is what you are referring to as Grey ? The SL comes with a lighter silver called Star Silver Metallic which actually looks silver :) If you are buying it brand new directly from a Suzuki dealership in Japan and willing to pay extra for it...you might be able to get it the dark silver custom ordered. Some manufacturers do offer it...some don't....

The Pearl White and the Red come at an extra price when buying new....so I don't know if that reflects in the price of used cars at car shops and auction.

27 minutes ago, jmzsl said:

According to the Suzuki Japan website it comes with one red and yes it comes with grey 

Edit: Sorry. it does not come with Grey

http://www.suzuki.co.jp/car/swift/detail/index_hybridsl.html

Oh. thank you. 

Is there any English version other than the Suzuki global site. These two are different and it seems Japanese site is more informative.

If I'm not wrong the, global site has two different red colors and physically I saw those in Colombo city. I prefer the wine red? (darker than the other one). Which one is available in Sl? any Idea pls.