• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is buying a Honda Vezel for personal use wise decision?

Buddhi_1

Question

I'm willing to buy a new vehicle for my personal use and have an idea to go for a Honda vezel 2015/14.(from japan auction sale or recondition SL market)

some say that Vezel has no resale value and high maintenance cost due to the Dual clutch problem. I'm confusing about that problem.

what I want to know is, will it be a wise decision to buy a Vezel regarding the maintenance cost and resale value???

Highly appreciate your expertise ideas....

8 hours ago, Magnum said:

I think the Vezels which were used out of Colombo are less likely to develop a gearbox problem.

2 minutes ago, alpha17 said:

Yes.Traffic condotions are the main reason.

Unless they weren't driven on bad roads full of potholes at low speeds... there was this vezel that used to throw out a "Transmission overheating" warning at least once every three times it was driven on this particular potholed road that was about 4-5kms long. It was sold at 40k kms.

19 minutes ago, Hyaenidae said:

Unless they weren't driven on bad roads full of potholes at low speeds... there was this vezel that used to throw out a "Transmission overheating" warning at least once every three times it was driven on this particular potholed road that was about 4-5kms long. It was sold at 40k kms.

Driving on a road with potholes is equal to driving in the traffic except for the added abuse for the suspension components?.Frequent gear changes due to frequent braking and accelerating

Edited by alpha17

33 minutes ago, GayanR said:

No worries engine is around just 50000lkr :D

Emios is that you? :D

Anyway, that's for a used engine - (which you have nary any idea of the condition it is in...) plus the engine isn't the only costly part that could get effed due to abuse, and one cannot rule out possible accident damage and shoddy repair jobs

Bought one in 2015 (2014 manufactured) , sold in 2018 did 84,000/-. No issues at all and only brake pads, battery and tires was changed. (Stafford maintained)

Cheap vehicle to maintain and run. Only thing is it very uncomfortable, specially the rear seats. DCD failure is a very high probability, fuel consumption was 13-14 Kmpl on average. Reticently Vezels seem to be loosing value pretty fast. 

I guess if you have spare cash for a dual clutch unit replacement only you should go for this. 

On 1/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, Quiet said:

Bought one in 2015 (2014 manufactured) , sold in 2018 did 84,000/-. No issues at all and only brake pads, battery and tires was changed. (Stafford maintained)

Cheap vehicle to maintain and run. Only thing is it very uncomfortable, specially the rear seats. DCD failure is a very high probability, fuel consumption was 13-14 Kmpl on average. Reticently Vezels seem to be loosing value pretty fast. 

I guess if you have spare cash for a dual clutch unit replacement only you should go for this. 

well maintained - and preventive measures taken any car is trouble free (barring big bloopers like the engine oil issue in GP1) sadly most Sri Lankans expect best of both worlds and tend to use their cars like they used the 110 ages ago. Not Only Vezels all hybrids (and non hybrids too) are kinda depreciating now (yes even cars from the sacred brand created by god himself to last 2 centuries and run on fuel fumes). If someone is a little brave he can grab one of these for a low price quoting all the potential repairs - keep cash in hand to address them and enjoy what is quite a decent car. A relative of mine was on the hunt for a hatchback and his choices were either an unreg Vitz or a Gp5 when he test drove both he realized  that the GP5 was really in a whole different  level than the humble vitz. Unfortunately he is overly worried about potential DCT issues in the GP5. 

Edited by matroska