Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question

I'm willing to buy a new vehicle for my personal use and have an idea to go for a Honda vezel 2015/14.(from japan auction sale or recondition SL market)

some say that Vezel has no resale value and high maintenance cost due to the Dual clutch problem. I'm confusing about that problem.

what I want to know is, will it be a wise decision to buy a Vezel regarding the maintenance cost and resale value???

Highly appreciate your expertise ideas....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 2

 

3 hours ago, VTEC said:

I can bet none of the poster advising against it own a vezel.. just hear something and spread the tale.. our srilankan trait.

Hello @VTEC ,

With all due respect, I own a vezel and four of my closest friends also do. We all bought it in a gap of 1 year ranging from mid 2014 to mid 2015. Of all the five vehicles just 2 have crossed the 50K mileage mark and they started showing signs of gearbox problems. FYI they were all regularly serviced at competent service centres as well. Mine showed signs of jerky gear changes at the 25k mark itself. My advice above to @Buddhi_1 was completely based on my experiences with the car and not because of the so called "srilankan trait" that you mentioned of. 

 

On 26/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, zeristo said:

late 2016-2017 models are considered to have been rectified. Can go for it.

I hope you have noticed that I had nothing to say about the 2016-2017 models since I haven't owned one or know anyone owning one.

4 hours ago, VTEC said:

It's a wonderful vehicle in it's class (...).. yes there are plenty around, and the reason for that is because it's one of the best available for the price and crossover category..

I would definitely recommend it for what it is worth and intended for..

 This I totally agree. Its the best crossover you can get for that price point and the reason we all went for one in the first place.

 

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

No, its not a wise decision to buy vezel.

1. Dual clutch problem - yes its quite jerky and not the smoothest of gearboxes. Moreover 2014-15 models are rumoured to be having reliability issues with regard to this. Solution: late 2016-2017 models are considered to have been rectified. Can go for it.

2. Maintenance - Not very high compared to European vehicles but higher than the erstwhile Toyotas.

3. Resale value - Initially it was good but not now. Sri Lanka was flooded by Vezels from 2014 onwards and there are so many for sale on the market that the second hand asking price has dropped significantly and is expected to be so for the next couple of years when current owners of vezels start selling off their cars.

My suggestion: Go for a Toyota instead. Reliable, low cost of maintenance and decent resale value. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yes.dont go for vezel.most people bought vezel due to the trend which was there in 2014/2015

But now they are facing the reality due to poor resale value and also the said technical issues

Go for toyota and you will be in safe hands

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

blind.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There are so many people desperately trying to sell the 2008-2010 2nd gen Prius , with no success. DON'T buy ANY 2nd hand hybrid, it will be even more difficult to sell the 6 year old hybrid than the 3 Year old hybrid you are buying now, after 3 years of your use. Regardless of Toyota or Honda, If you have not enough money for a brand new /fresh import,go for a non hybrid.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, zeristo said:

No, its not a wise decision to buy vezel.

1. Dual clutch problem - yes its quite jerky and not the smoothest of gearboxes. Moreover 2014-15 models are rumoured to be having reliability issues with regard to this. Solution: late 2016-2017 models are considered to have been rectified. Can go for it.

2. Maintenance - Not very high compared to European vehicles but higher than the erstwhile Toyotas.

3. Resale value - Initially it was good but not now. Sri Lanka was flooded by Vezels from 2014 onwards and there are so many for sale on the market that the second hand asking price has dropped significantly and is expected to be so for the next couple of years when current owners of vezels start selling off their cars.

My suggestion: Go for a Toyota instead. Reliable, low cost of maintenance and decent resale value. 

thanks for the detailing, yeah, high inner space and clearance hight are the facts that I concern about the vezel rather than toyota axio.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, zeristo said:

No, its not a wise decision to buy vezel.

2. Maintenance - Not very high compared to European vehicles but higher than the erstwhile Toyotas.

 

:rolleyes: really

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I can bet none of the poster advising against it own a vezel.. just hear something and spread the tale.. our srilankan trait. There are no issues in the vezel apart from the normal ones which are prone to all cars..unlike the xtrail which actually have the gear prone issues which needs to be replaced..

It's a wonderful vehicle in it's class and maintenance is the same as any Honda hybrid.. yes there are plenty around, and the reason for that is because it's one of the best available for the price and crossover category..

I would definitely recommend it for what it is worth and intended for..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

We cannot expect a positive feedback from those who own vezels because they will not disclose the real facts about the vezel.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
20 hours ago, tcfern1 said:

We cannot expect a positive feedback from those who own vezels because they will not disclose the real facts about the vezel.

 i own a Vezel since Jan 2015, what do you wanna know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 minutes ago, Quiet said:

 i own a Vezel since Jan 2015, what do you wanna know?

hello @Quiet as a vezel user what is your advice to me :D , 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/26/2017 at 6:32 PM, zeristo said:

No, its not a wise decision to buy vezel.

1. Dual clutch problem - yes its quite jerky and not the smoothest of gearboxes. Moreover 2014-15 models are rumoured to be having reliability issues with regard to this. Solution: late 2016-2017 models are considered to have been rectified. Can go for it.

2. Maintenance - Not very high compared to European vehicles but higher than the erstwhile Toyotas.

3. Resale value - Initially it was good but not now. Sri Lanka was flooded by Vezels from 2014 onwards and there are so many for sale on the market that the second hand asking price has dropped significantly and is expected to be so for the next couple of years when current owners of vezels start selling off their cars.

My suggestion: Go for a Toyota instead. Reliable, low cost of maintenance and decent resale value. 

6

"Solution: late 2016-2017 models are considered to have been rectified" you sure about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, Buddhi_1 said:

hello @Quiet as a vezel user what is your advice to me :D , 

well my vehicle has been maintained by the agent throughout even for small stuff since every thing is reimbursed by the employer. We have changed even the clutch oil on time as recommended. its now done 64K and time to time when i drive it occasionally i feel the gears slipping in high stress conditions. 

Comfort wise not the best vehicle, specially if you are sitting in the rear.

Avg fuel consumption including city driving maximum is 12KmPL

Good ground clearance and enough space with foldable rear seats

Pretty good options for price.

Its not very expensive to maintain. i used have a Toyota its in the same range.

I bought it for Rs.4.65Mn so at the moment i can sell and have a profit :D

Overall descent vehicle to have, affordable. However very little driving pleasure compared to my Mazda.

Better find one which is company maintained and do a inspection and scan on battery before buying

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/30/2017 at 12:09 PM, VTEC said:

I can bet none of the poster advising against it own a vezel.. just hear something and spread the tale.. our srilankan trait. There are no issues in the vezel apart from the normal ones which are prone to all cars..unlike the xtrail which actually have the gear prone issues which needs to be replaced..

 

This i have to agree. I have met many people  who criticize Vezels but have not even driven one or neither owned one. I have owned one since 2014 September and have now done more than 55 K. All services done at stafford motors and i even did the clutch oil change at 40K according to the recommendation by Stafford. I have not faced any problems with my vehicle may be because of the regular maintenance?  I have not even faced the problem where people say that their transmissions get overheated when driving  in heavy traffic. I always drive in heavy traffic as i work in Kollupitiya and have to enter colombo around 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM (everyone knows the traffic condition between these times) and also i leave around 5 in the afternoon so again heavy traffic there. 
I bought mine for 58K with factory add ons such as the interior lighting and front grill. I see the current second hand market for 2014 Z grade vezel is between 53k to 55k . I would say that's reasonable because after 3 years and 55K of mileage, selling for less than 5K of the purchased value, in my opinion that's a good darn deal :D:D
Oh i see many people have recommended Toyota here,  well yea toyota is reliable i would say but i don't like the brand much because they are fudging overpriced and less options for the value. Oh i forgot to mention i also own a toyota aqua 2015 model,  i got it for 42K (bought it brand-new), i wanted to get a honda fit but i wanted to try the toyota hybrid system so i opted to go with the aqua. If i had gone with a fit i would have paid a lesser amount for more features compared to the aqua which doesn't even have the cruise controlled installed.  

My opinion is honda vezel is a good cross over vehicle for a family and is worth the price unlike most of the toyotas (specially the CHR i would say ;) )
 

Edited by killercruise
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 31/10/2017 at 4:49 PM, Quiet said:

well my vehicle has been maintained by the agent throughout even for small stuff since every thing is reimbursed by the employer. We have changed even the clutch oil on time as recommended. its now done 64K and time to time when i drive it occasionally i feel the gears slipping in high stress conditions. 

Comfort wise not the best vehicle, specially if you are sitting in the rear.

Avg fuel consumption including city driving maximum is 12KmPL

Good ground clearance and enough space with foldable rear seats

Pretty good options for price.

Its not very expensive to maintain. i used have a Toyota its in the same range.

I bought it for Rs.4.65Mn so at the moment i can sell and have a profit :D

Overall descent vehicle to have, affordable. However very little driving pleasure compared to my Mazda.

Better find one which is company maintained and do a inspection and scan on battery before buying

 

Been having driven a Vezel and been in it as a passenger I could second this.

The rear seat is bit of an issue during long journey mainly due to the angle of the seat. Also the low profile tyres pick up small pot holes on the road but the suspension manages the bigger ones well.

Fuel economy was similar 

Performance was alright too apart from the regular hybrid lazyness.

It's worth for the price.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/1/2017 at 9:07 AM, killercruise said:

This i have to agree. I have met many people  who criticize Vezels but have not even driven one or neither owned one. I have owned one since 2014 September and have now done more than 55 K. All services done at stafford motors and i even did the clutch oil change at 40K according to the recommendation by Stafford. I have not faced any problems with my vehicle may be because of the regular maintenance?  I have not even faced the problem where people say that their transmissions get overheated when driving  in heavy traffic. I always drive in heavy traffic as i work in Kollupitiya and have to enter colombo around 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM (everyone knows the traffic condition between these times) and also i leave around 5 in the afternoon so again heavy traffic there. 
I bought mine for 58K with factory add ons such as the interior lighting and front grill. I see the current second hand market for 2014 Z grade vezel is between 53k to 55k . I would say that's reasonable because after 3 years and 55K of mileage, selling for less than 5K of the purchased value, in my opinion that's a good darn deal :D:D
Oh i see many people have recommended Toyota here,  well yea toyota is reliable i would say but i don't like the brand much because they are fudging overpriced and less options for the value. Oh i forgot to mention i also own a toyota aqua 2015 model,  i got it for 42K (bought it brand-new), I wanted to get a honda fit but i wanted to try the toyota hybrid system so i opted to go with the aqua. If i had gone with a fit i would have paid a lesser amount for more features compared to the aqua which doesn't even have the cruise controlled installed.  

My opinion is honda vezel is a good cross over vehicle for a family and is worth the price unlike most of the toyotas (specially the CHR i would say ;) )
 

33

one of the expected answer :D:D  thanks in advance :D

bit more to clarify , what about the avg fuel consumption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/1/2017 at 10:37 AM, killercruise said:

IOh i see many people have recommended Toyota here,  well yea toyota is reliable i would say but i don't like the brand much because they are fudging overpriced and less options for the value. Oh i forgot to mention i also own a toyota aqua 2015 model,  i got it for 42K (bought it brand-new), i wanted to get a honda fit but i wanted to try the toyota hybrid system so i opted to go with the aqua. If i had gone with a fit i would have paid a lesser amount for more features compared to the aqua which doesn't even have the cruise controlled installed.  

My opinion is honda vezel is a good cross over vehicle for a family and is worth the price unlike most of the toyotas (specially the CHR i would say ;) )
 

This is actually not a fair assessment as to whether a brand or a model is actually good or not. The huge price difference in SL exists mainly because of our local mentality and the car sales people feeding off of it. To top it off, the prices are skewed even more because of our stupid import duty structure. Due to the latter, the car sales tend to bring the lesser equipped cars of the cars that fall in the higher duty bracket than those that fall in the lower duty bracket; thus, how well one model is equipped against the other is also skewed in SL and cannot be used as a fair and true assessment tool as to which brand/model is better equipped. Doesn't the C-HR fall in to a different duty bracket ? C-HR is 1.8L Hybrid or 1.2L Turbo charged puregasoline and the Vezel is 1.5L Hybrid (I don't think anyone brings down the 1.5L Gasoline in SL except for the agents who bring the HR-V)

In Japan the Vezel starts at a base price of 2.3 mil and the C-HR at 2.5mil. However, what is offered for the base price of the C-HR is more than what is offered in the base price of the Vezel. So at the end of the day once you configure everything equally and take off any eco car tax reductions the price difference between the C-HR and the Vezel is only about 150,000yen on average. So what wins over the other is actually dependent on styling, practicality, etc... 

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Dear guys when you are buying a second hand vezel how to Check whether the vehicle has dct issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, delakolla said:

Dear guys when you are buying a second hand vezel how to Check whether the vehicle has dct issue? 

There is no "DCT issue" per se. There were some software bugs that were ironed out by Honda via recalls. You can find if your vehicle was recalled here by the VIN.

However, DCT gearboxes tend to wear down rather quickly compared to CVTs and conventional autos, and the repair is costly - upwards of 4 lakhs if I remember correctly. Our traffic, road and weather conditions play a role in this - DCTs are not meant for crawling through traffic / potholed roads, especially with load/ while going uphill. Check out detailed discussions on this topic here and here .

You can't know for sure the conditions the vehicle was driven in or the manner in which the previous owner drove the vehicle; ergo, if there are no telltale signs of imminent clutch pack failure (jerky gearshifts, delayed response to the throttle, struggling (hunting for gears?) while going uphill, frequent overheat warnings, etc) you cannot say for sure if the transmission is going to pack up soon - if you choose to bite the bullet and go for a DCT equipped vehicle you might luck out and find a vehicle that was mostly driven on uncongested roads with a light load and you won't have transmission problems until you sell the car, or you might have to fork out the money for a new clutch pack within the first year of ownership. It's more a matter of luck than of vigilance IMHO.

 

Edited by Hyaenidae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
There is no "DCT issue" per se. There were some software bugs that were ironed out by Honda via recalls. You can find if your vehicle was recalled here by the VIN.
However, DCT gearboxes tend to wear down rather quickly compared to CVTs and conventional autos, and the repair is costly - upwards of 4 lakhs if I remember correctly. Our traffic, road and weather conditions play a role in this - DCTs are not meant for crawling through traffic / potholed roads, especially with load/ while going uphill. Check out detailed discussions on this topic here and here .
You can't know for sure the conditions the vehicle was driven in or the manner in which the previous owner drove the vehicle; ergo, if there are no telltale signs of imminent clutch pack failure (jerky gearshifts, delayed response to the throttle, struggling (hunting for gears?) while going uphill, frequent overheat warnings, etc) you cannot say for sure if the transmission is going to pack up soon - if you choose to bite the bullet and go for a DCT equipped vehicle you might luck out and find a vehicle that was mostly driven on uncongested roads with a light load and you won't have transmission problems until you sell the car, or you might have to fork out the money for a new clutch pack within the first year of ownership. It's more a matter of luck than of vigilance IMHO.
 
Thanks bro seems its a risky option

Sent from my INE-LX2 using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I also did a little research from 5 Vezel owners.One has done less than 30k kms,so it has no issue.Two of them had passed 60k kms and one of them had the transmission overheated warning during a heavy traffic.The owner had stopped the car for about 10 minutes and then he has continued the journey without any warning.So he was unaware that the car should be turned off for about an hour.He is yet to experience another warning.The other 60k kms one has no issues.

One of my friend owned one and he had to replace the clutch pack at 100k kms. Another owner claimed that he sold the car after doing more than 100k kms and he had no issues. Among those 5 vehicles, 4 are bought unregistered by the owners.So we cannot exactly predict when will the issue arise, because it depends on how the car is used.The 100k kms one which replaced the clutch mostly used around Colombo area,while the other 100k kms one is used mainly around a city with considerably less traffic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
  • 0
9 hours ago, alpha17 said:

I also did a little research from 5 Vezel owners.One has done less than 30k kms,so it has no issue.Two of them had passed 60k kms and one of them had the transmission overheated warning during a heavy traffic.The owner had stopped the car for about 10 minutes and then he has continued the journey without any warning.So he was unaware that the car should be turned off for about an hour.He is yet to experience another warning.The other 60k kms one has no issues.

One of my friend owned one and he had to replace the clutch pack at 100k kms. Another owner claimed that he sold the car after doing more than 100k kms and he had no issues. Among those 5 vehicles, 4 are bought unregistered by the owners.So we cannot exactly predict when will the issue arise, because it depends on how the car is used.The 100k kms one which replaced the clutch mostly used around Colombo area,while the other 100k kms one is used mainly around a city with considerably less traffic.

I think the Vezels which were used out of Colombo are less likely to develop a gearbox problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Magnum said:

I think the Vezels which were used out of Colombo are less likely to develop a gearbox problem.

Yes.Traffic condotions are the main reason.

Anyway I think that new Hondas are not as reliable as the old ones.There are few issues with the Push Start button also.Those buttons are likely to build up oxides in the contact which requires pushing the buttons for 3-4 times .It is not a major issue but I have never heard the same issue from the Toyota owners I KNOW.Same owner claimed that sometimes the dashboard lights had been turned on for few hours without any reason.

I have driven Vezels and the problem that I experienced was the wheel slipping issue which is very famous.I think the reason for that is mainly the high amount of torque generated by the electric motor.Other than that the powertrain is not smooth as the Toyota HSD.

But the car is not that bad for a family vehicle which has a bit of power to put a little smile on your face😁.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×