• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suggest me a vehicle below 2M

SandyCarLover

Question

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, SandyCarLover said:

Hi guys, 

Can someone please suggest me a vehicle below 2M. I know it sounds stupid. 

I'm considering

1. Fuel efficiency

2. Resale value

I was thinking about Panda, Estilo, WagonR, Mazda 323, MX7.

what do you guys say

The 323 .  Avoid the Indian/Chinese ones.  I know its hard but try to find a Mazda 323/Familia in good condition and it will serve you well. 

This has been discussed before for example see the link below. go through a few threads you'll get to know more options. Good luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xtreme Auto said:

Incase of fuel economy Mazda is not the suitable one. try with below cars according to your requested criteria

1. Viva Elite 

2. Toyota AE 110

3. Alto 800/K10

4. Japanese ALto

What basis do you have for this statement? The 323 is as economical as anything else in it's size category.

1 hour ago, Supra_Natural said:

What basis do you have for this statement? The 323 is as economical as anything else in it's size category.

My friend had a 323 98/99 auto. It does only 10 per liter.  He sold it due to issue of reversing. When the vehicle is cold condition reverse gear is not working. He came to office from Homagama to jail ela

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Xtreme Auto said:

My friend had a 323 98/99 auto. It does only 10 per liter.  He sold it due to issue of reversing. When the vehicle is cold condition reverse gear is not working. He came to office from Homagama to jail ela

"Only" 10 on a 15+ yo automatic sedan? :blink:
I agree with Supra. Ur suggesting compact hatchbacks, different size, of course they will have better fuel figures, while sacrificing everything else.

4 hours ago, Xtreme Auto said:

Did he come to work from Homagama in reverse ?

First time i heard someone sell a vehicle because the revers gear doesnt work.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, The Stig said:

Did he come to work from Homagama in reverse ?

First time i heard someone sell a vehicle because the revers gear doesnt work.

Maybe he did come on reverse hoping that the odometer would not advance but go back ? :D

I guess you get all sorts...why bother spending your own money fixing something that broke whilst you were using it when some other poor sap can deal with it and waste their money ?

On 10/17/2017 at 5:38 PM, Xtreme Auto said:

And exactly what kind of fuel economy are you expecting from a car the size of a 323? 10 is very good for regular running. 

4 minutes ago, Supra_Natural said:

And exactly what kind of fuel economy are you expecting from a car the size of a 323? 10 is very good for regular running. 

I know it is the normal value of that size. Just read some comments on above. Most of our experts comment on that as 323 is doing around 15. 10 is good for a old sedan.

But what i realize as good fuel economy values (generally) +14 km/ltr

2 minutes ago, Xtreme Auto said:

I know it is the normal value of that size. Just read some comments on above. Most of our experts comment on that as 323 is doing around 15. 10 is good for a old sedan.

But what i realize as good fuel economy values (generally) +14 km/ltr

No auto of this age will do 10+ in city.

If one is very light footed he will get 9-ish max. Im heavy footed and i rarely pass 8.

However on long distances i have even gotten 14.5 with 3 passengers and cargo while being driven hard. If one babies it, shouldn't be too hard to go beyond 16+ even.