• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place to Paint The Car

snoop_ug

Guys don't go to this place they will screw your vehicle big time, i had a total nightmare with these guys, and even if you do don't ever leave your vehicle with them. They have terrible customer support, and my vehicle is still messed up even after a year ive been to them for a quick paint Job, in short, when i got my vehicle out, my break pads were totally gone and as a result the wheel drum was badly scratched and im still hearing lot of noises. So you love your vehicle dont ever go to this crappy joint.

I take it that your job involved taking the break pads out? So it was not just a paint job? Yep, I've heard that Arabian are not so good on the mechanical/engineering stuff. They mostly do well on body work, purchasing parts and painting.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rameez if someone boasts of a '1 day tinekring job' stay away from them as in many cases tinkering involves a lot of skill and is time consuming especially in older cars where the rot has set in,if its just surface rust then 1 day day jobs are somewhat possible

most fellows use a liberal dose of 'paste' and cover up and say tinkering is over and the reality is that after few months it will come up even worser than before!

Sylvi,

does this guy do tinkering work as well....that is the most important part to me....i have seen some fellows who boast of doing tinkering in 1 day which is somewhat impossible if you are doing a good paint job.

100% agreed....if sylvi can recommend him after seeing his work then he is a worthy contact...

'rameez',

Today tinkers are biggest cheaters. Corroded parts I cut with the angle grinder and close pop rivet a metal sheet use fiber glass mat, to the body then use paint over that.

This Sarath do only painting he was my painter living in my work shop for more than 10 years after he got married he shifted to his wife’s house I presented all equipment for him to start life.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

This Sarath do only painting he was my painter living in my work shop for more than 10 years after he got married he shifted to his wife’s house I presented all equipment for him to start life.

LOL...Sylvi sir you dirty fellow! :P

...sorry sorry.I have a very dirty mind. :lol:

'rameez',

Today tinkers are biggest cheaters. Corroded parts I cut with the angle grinder and close pop rivet a metal sheet use fiber glass mat, to the body then use paint over that.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi,

Dont get me wrong but if he is only good in painting then there is nothing great about the guy right ?...since the tinkering part is the most important part and this can effect the overall finish of the product , maybe some expert can add some insights to it.I am keen to know of a good tinker plus painter...

Sylvi,

Dont get me wrong but if he is only good in painting then there is nothing great about the guy right ?...since the tinkering part is the most important part and this can effect the overall finish of the product , maybe some expert can add some insights to it.I am keen to know of a good tinker plus painter...

Machan, painting is a skill too. If you have got any paint jobs done in the past, you would know how it is.

Rameez tinkering and painting are not the same

i have a good tinker but not a painter (im yet to find a good painter)

the last time i did a full paint job the painter had used low quality paste and now its bubbling in many places

Sylvi,

Sylvi,

'rameez',

No I will never get offended for your comment. What you have said is your opinion; forum is there to share the knowledge and experiences on Automobile industry of the members..

I never hold welding torch to the body of a Vehicle that can give more corrosion on the welded part that is the reason I cut off the corroded part and pop rivet the cut of part with a new part of metal sheet as for my previous post then hammer it down fill same with fiber glass mat and paint same.

My painter Sarath can handle that type of painting. He do finish off and do other tinkers welded parts of other Auto mobiles too.

All ways you have to try out a person and comment about that person’s ability.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 years later...

recently had to get the bumper of my 2014 mazda3 re-painted at colonial motors after it was scratched by a bicycle. i must say their paint job was excellent. and their customer service was very impressive as well.

• Like 1

I was actually thinking of putting it to A*W as they are the agents. The collision was with a motorcycle and my drivers side door was the casualty. Anyhow I went to my usual place and got the tinkering and painting done. I am not satisfied. In broad terms my driver side front door is dark grey and the rear door is light. The color change is very visible. Hence I have decided to go to the agents. The color code of my vehicle paint is KL0 (chromium metalic silver). I got in from the VIN Plate. I don't know how my painting and tinkering guy got the code because it was all covered in dust and I had to spend about 15 minutes cleaning the thing to make it decipherable. Will take a pic tomorrow when the sun is out and post it. Gave a call to A*W Body and Paint Work Shop as well. Got some useful information from them. Apparently the OEM brand of paint is "sikkens" and as usual said nothing to worry and that they will do a good a good job (don't they all). Anyhow quoted 11k for 1 panel hence I will have to spend 11k for the job. I would be grateful for any input. By the way my car is a nissan march ak12.

Edited by Niranjan de Silva

I was actually thinking of putting it to A*W as they are the agents. The collision was with a motorcycle and my drivers side door was the casualty. Anyhow I went to my usual place and got the tinkering and painting done. I am not satisfied. In broad terms my driver side front door is dark grey and the rear door is light. The color change is very visible. Hence I have decided to go to the agents. The color code of my vehicle paint is KL0 (chromium metalic silver). I got in from the VIN Plate. I don't know how my painting and tinkering guy got the code because it was all covered in dust and I had to spend about 15 minutes cleaning the thing to make it decipherable. Will take a pic tomorrow when the sun is out and post it. Gave a call to A*W Body and Paint Work Shop as well. Got some useful information from them. Apparently the OEM brand of paint is "sikkens" and as usual said nothing to worry and that they will do a good a good job (don't they all). Anyhow quoted 11k for 1 panel hence I will have to spend 11k for the job. I would be grateful for any input. By the way my car is a nissan march ak12.

You need to match the color code only if your car is brand new and has no color distortions or such. Normally exposing to Sun and other weather conditions long time make the color distort.

Because of this normally they take out the petrol tank lid to the paint sellers, or else they drive the car there and the paint sellers does the color matching.

I know a place called Anura garage and their work is great with the paint job. It's very small place and they do not have that high end paint booths there. But the work is great and price is very reasonable, and of course you can get the complete job done in two days max.

Btw they are using Rock paint.

Thanks Kushan for the input. The OEM paint for nissans is "sikkens" according to A*W. I don't know whether anybody knows of a good place to buy sikkens paint after the color is matched?

Anyhow planning on doing the paint job again with sikkens. There are a lot of good things said about the particular brand of paint evident when going through the forums. My painter guy has ackowledged his mistake and he is willing to do the paint job again. A lot of places are doing Debeer now. I gave some calls including to some of the places opposite Roxy, but most of them seem to be doing only Debeer paints. Hence the pressing question has come down to "where to buy sikkens paints?".

Thanks Kushan for the input. The OEM paint for nissans is "sikkens" according to A*W. I don't know whether anybody knows of a good place to buy sikkens paint after the color is matched? Anyhow planning on doing the paint job again with sikkens. There are a lot of good things said about the particular brand of paint evident when going through the forums. My painter guy has ackowledged his mistake and he is willing to do the paint job again. A lot of places are doing Debeer now. I gave some calls including to some of the places opposite Roxy, but most of them seem to be doing only Debeer paints. Hence the pressing question has come down to "where to buy sikkens paints?".

yeah sikkens considered to be the best. I know a place in Mahara, there they sell Sikkens. (you need to pass Kiribathgoda and drive towards Kadawatha), paint shop is closer to that CS Car sales. Opposite of the DSI Factory. Debeer and Rock is also good. Rock is japan made and some says its the OEM for most of the JDM vehicles.

Edited by kushan

Yes, I have heard that Rock is a good vehicle paint. Mahara is a little bit too far for me. I might have to spend about 60% to 70% of my paint cost on the petrol unless I am going to that area. Anyhow quality is quality. If I don't find a place to buy the sikkens brand close to the dehiwela, mount, colombo area I might have to take the trip. I will be on the look out. Thanks.

Yes, I have heard that Rock is a good vehicle paint. Mahara is a little bit too far for me. I might have to spend about 60% to 70% of my paint cost on the petrol unless I am going to that area. Anyhow quality is quality. If I don't find a place to buy the sikkens brand close to the dehiwela, mount, colombo area I might have to take the trip. I will be on the look out. Thanks.

Plenty of places in Colombo sell Sikkens in Sri Lanka. Just ask a garage where they get their paint mixed and they will point you to the closest stockist.

Mate, there was a paint shop quite near to the Roxy cinema in Wellawatte (same side) which had a Sikkens board. Plenty of other places around Colombo as well as Don said. I thought A*W had their own paint stock and matching systems?

I do not know whether your referring to sav*y paint centre. Checked with them and they said that now they are not dealing in sikkens, but doing debeer only. A lot of places that I called have discontinued sikkens. No, A*W is also using Sikkens now. Said it is OEM paint when I called their Body and Paint Workshop at Peliyagoda.

I'm sure to have mentioned before on many other threads that I got my Lancer painted back in 2012. Full paint job, To original colour code, Sikkens paint, Paint booth, 5 week duration (initially promised 3 weeks), Cost me 90,000 if I remember correctly.

The job went on like this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4IDJQMUi9GtYzRrQ3p0eVZLV1E&usp=sharing&tid=0B4IDJQMUi9GtLVpEaW9qRGY2eUk

And ended like this (badges on trunk lid not pasted yet):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4IDJQMUi9GtLVpEaW9qRGY2eUk&usp=sharing

I am satisfied with the job except that the bonnet started to bubble up within 2 weeks. I went back and they re-painted the bonnet again for free. The bubbles started to re-appear after about a month and I got it re-painted (third time) from another place and now no more bubbles. Apart from that, the rest of the car perfectly done. They had a good painter/tinkerer back then. Not sure about how it is now.

The place - Sha Auto Park - Kaduwela. Beware of "thousand talks" of the managers. Show 'em that you know better. :)

• Like 1