• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Place to Paint The Car

snoop_ug

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes if you are looking for a good paint job.. they are not cheap.

i just got my car painted at autoforce. night and day difference to what the car was to what it is after the paint.

cost 120k but well worth it.

i just got my car painted at autoforce. night and day difference to what the car was to what it is after the paint.

Interesting. The banner at the Merc launch said D*MO does repainting for 134k

well i heard even milroy does very good paint jobs. not cheap though.

another joint is our very own Velocity's place. no idea about pricing and stuff though.

And yeah...on autoforce...have been hearing good things only so far :)

• 7 months later...

Same paint or re-paint with different Color ?

I think you should, unless you paint it in different shades of the same color.

i say this because how many vehicles have repaint in different colors than the original color and all of them ain't changing the registration book.

p.s in the registration book of our old town ace original color is stated as white when we brought it's have been repaint as metallic green.

Members,

If you change the color you have to inform RMV and get a endorsement on your CR. but it is not done in the past twenty years.

In 1970s I used to inform whenever I changed the color had to pay like Rupees 50.00 and show to RMV for the endorsement on the CR book.

Because inflow of vehicles increased most owners ignore this. I too had done this for my vehicles without informing the authorities.

Insurance companies do not take a notice of this it has become a practice now.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Insurance companies do not take a notice of this it has become a practice now.

Yes insurance companies don't bother with the color, but I've heard some one saying some leasing company refused to grant a lease because the color of the car and the original color noted on the book were different.

Yes insurance companies don't bother with the color, but I've heard some one saying some leasing company refused to grant a lease because the color of the car and the original color noted on the book were different.

'Reckless',

You are correct on your post that is the reason Leasing company want reputed agent to give a valuation certificate.

For a used vehicle or a unregistered vehicle one leasing company has their own appraiser who examine before they give the lease.

Some vehicles are directed to me to give a inspection certificate if he find some fault on the service what I do.

To attend to same with a warranty letter.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 2 months later...

Having tried both Autoforce and Arabian on 2 different vehicles (both of them once at each joint) - I can definitely vote for Autoforce for consistency and finish.

Having tried both Autoforce and Arabian on 2 different vehicles (both of them once at each joint) - I can definitely vote for Autoforce for consistency and finish.

you know where it is....machang.

I have my lancer 1979 1400 which has some touches to be done . will they be able to do it.

you know where it is....machang.

I have my lancer 1979 1400 which has some touches to be done . will they be able to do it.

Autoforce is at Sarnankara road Pamankada and Arabian is at Deans road Arnold Ratnayaka road Junction in Col 10.

Both of them could do it + many other places discussed in this topic.

However, I'm not sure if there is place specializing in older vehicles for touch ups - other members might recommend more.

• 1 month later...

Autoforce is at Sarnankara road Pamankada and Arabian is at Deans road Arnold Ratnayaka road Junction in Col 10.

Both of them could do it + many other places discussed in this topic.

However, I'm not sure if there is place specializing in older vehicles for touch ups - other members might recommend more.

To update on this - seems like when Autoforce is over loaded, now they tend to be rude and inattentive to customers. Happened to one of my friends who went because I recommended it. When I asked about it from the workshop manager, he was very non-committal and harped on their importance and trouble with insurance jobs etc - a good way to lose customers, as with my friend who took the job to Arabian (who for the most part never say 'no' despite being inundated with jobs).

• 1 month later...

I have a good experience with arabian motors. Especially when it comes to pain matching!

Guys don't go to this place they will screw your vehicle big time, i had a total nightmare with these guys, and even if you do don't ever leave your vehicle with them. They have terrible customer support, and my vehicle is still messed up even after a year ive been to them for a quick paint Job, in short, when i got my vehicle out, my break pads were totally gone and as a result the wheel drum was badly scratched and im still hearing lot of noises. So you love your vehicle dont ever go to this crappy joint.