• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Amilapk

Honda Civic 2017

Guys what is your opinion about Honda civic 2017 1.5l turbo sedan.

Looks great with a lot of options and very good fuel economy.

I'm worried about these 

1. Made in Thailand

2. Very few cars seen in our country

(2nd hand market value and availability of spares)

I'll be getting my permit next December. Thought to buy the civic 2017. Agents claim 6.5 million for permit. Premio will be 5 million. 

What you guys think. Is it worth spending extra 1.5 million for a civic over very very common premio, with above questions in mind.

At the moment I have Toyota Prius 2014.

well basically its a smaller 3 cylinder cousin of the 4 cyl 300+PS  2015 Type-R, with engine technology from Germany. In the beginning they had some issues with the Mitsubishi Turbo under extreme conditions,but should not be an issue if you dont plan to give the pedal to the metal too often. but if you put 2nd hand price over the youth-image and riding pleasure, get a Premio or Prius. is it a manual?

Edited by ajm

3 hours ago, ajm said:

well basically its a smaller 3 cylinder cousin of the 4 cyl 300+PS  2015 Type-R, with engine technology from Germany. In the beginning they had some issues with the Mitsubishi Turbo under extreme conditions,but should not be an issue if you dont plan to give the pedal to the metal too often. but if you put 2nd hand price over the youth-image and riding pleasure, get a Premio or Prius. is it a manual?

Thank you for your advice. By the way, I prefer an automatic.

4 hours ago, ajm said:

1.5L Turbo is 4cyl, 1.0L turbo is 3cyl. If the car is imported from UK it may be manufactured there.

Agents will be getting down 1.5L turbo soon, will be from Thailand though.

Even on the so called cars manufactured in Japan they are only assembled there with most of the parts outsourced from Thailand, China etc.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, kush said:

1.5L Turbo is 4cyl, 1.0L turbo is 3cyl. If the car is imported from UK it may be manufactured there.

Agents will be getting down 1.5L turbo soon, will be from Thailand though.

Even on the so called cars manufactured in Japan they are only assembled there with most of the parts outsourced from Thailand, China etc.

They don't make Civic's in Japan anymore

• Thanks 1

what about the CRV is it from Japan (Agents one i mean) im thinking of buying one

2 hours ago, Quiet said:

what about the CRV is it from Japan (Agents one i mean) im thinking of buying one

Nope that is from Thailand too. The new CRV will be launched in Japan in a few months and that is going to be imported to Japan from Thailand.

Also, the new one will come with a 1.5L Turbo variant, a Hybrid later on and a 2.4L depending on the market.

• Like 1

It seems Honda recently closed their oldest lead factory in Saitama, Japan.

http://www.google.de/url?q=https://www.reuters.com/article/us-honda-strategy/honda-to-cut-japanese-production-by-a-quarter-as-domestic-sales-stagnate-idUSKCN1C90N3&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjYyJqG_-XWAhVM7xQKHTPbA2sQFggSMAM&usg=AOvVaw1c9S5iU5rHgi8hXp76--g9

with the fast changes in the auto industry worldwide, it would be difficult for small Japanese carmakers to survive without forming alliances with others to share the costs of new development and production line changes.

Edited by vag2
  • Like 1