• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Amilapk

"Honda Civic 2017 (Gen X) 1.5L Turbo"

<Will add a new reply>

Edited by kmeeg

I know everyone will laugh at this because I could have called anyone as a automobile engineer.

Anyways to take it or forget it here is a response from my friend who is an automobile engineer. I have black-out the names for privacy. 

Note - I'm not trying to prove that turbo is bad. I just asked a friend about his opinion on long term reliability based on what he has studied.

NA engines.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I know everyone will laugh at this because I could have called anyone as a automobile engineer.

Anyways to take it or forget it here is a response from my friend who is an automobile engineer. I have black-out the names for privacy. 

Note - I'm not trying to prove that turbo is bad. I just asked a friend about his opinion on long term reliability based on what he has studied.

NA engines.jpg

Yes...the turbo charged Subarus and Starlets have all perished whilst our loving 1800cc Carina/Bluebird and 1500cc Doctor Corollas keep running :)

Again...different technology.....requiring different behavior. Yes..these cars do not work for Sri Lanka as 95% of our car owners are thel higannas who are stuck in the 1980s a.

At the end of the day...none of us know what will happen. the Euros and the Japanese that have had similar tech have survived for the last few decades. So rather than holding on to outdated notions and speculating on the unknown and making people panic...lets just let the trend go on. We are minuscule entities in the vast automobile world. So take it or leave it....

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kmeeg said:

here is a response from my friend who is an automobile engineer

is he driving a new-gen 1L Turbo?

I have a strong doubt if this is from Mr.Potato-estate 😁

1 hour ago, ajm said:

is he driving a new-gen 1L Turbo?

I have a strong doubt if this is from Mr.Potato-estate 😁

😂😂 Not sure about potatoe case.

people said the same kinda stuff when Automatic Transmission came. I specifically remember in 2011 when i was looking to buy a hybrid most people said that system will get damaged by water/battery will die etc etc. Since then i have bought and sold two hybrids, Sky active Mazda and now own a Turbo. 

I dont think these guys look at so many aspects when they select a wife. (Leave aside the second hand value) :rolleyes:

• Haha 2