Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Amilapk

"Honda Civic 2017 (Gen X) 1.5L Turbo"

Recommended Posts

On 5/30/2018 at 1:46 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Is it possible to wax the car if you get the car coated with ceramic clearcoat? 

I know they say it's unnecessary, I'm just curious. 

You have to remove wax to apply the ceramic coat. No need to wax the car thereafter. Alternative option is applying silicon dioxide spray once in every 3 months as reload.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on the 1st service

As I suspected it was a detailed checkup plus a full service without the change of oil. Took about good 4 hours on a Saturday at Rattanapitiya. 

Running Maps on Original System 

I noticed many people with FK1s are asking on activating Gramin maps of SL. In my case the car came with the default maps disabled from setting. But you can enable it easily. But you do not want to do that. I am using Android Auto to run Google maps on the car system. The Android Auto is not offered for SL in Play Store but I used a apk file to download and install Android Auto into my phone. (I will past the link I used below).

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-3-2-5815-release/android-auto-maps-media-messaging-voice-3-2-581534-release-android-apk-download/download/

Then the phone need to be connected to the USB port under the dashboard for Android Auto to run its full functionality, otherwise if only Bluetooth is used, it will have limited functions (I have only used Bluetooth for calling only). Google maps can be easily run with this set up. I will upload few photos in my car.

Converting Halogen Fog Lamps to LED

Stock fogs in mine are halogen and I am thinking of changing them to LED to match the headlights. Please advice me on where I can get the matching LEDs with conversion kits (if needed) in SL. Thanks

Edited by Harry (aq)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Harry (aq) said:

Converting Halogen Fog Lamps to LED

Stock fogs in mine are halogen and I am thinking of changing them to LED to match the headlights. Please advice me on where I can get the matching LEDs with conversion kits (if needed) in SL. Thanks

If you're really keen on this, don't buy the rubbish available locally. Get yours from PowerBulbs online as they have better kits. I used these conversion kits in the past with my Axio (I now drive a Civic 2018 with stock LED's) and the light wouldn't focus properly. The light throw was too short and despite being able to see the surrounding areas clearer, driving in the rain and on long roads is a nightmare. Also, it annoyed many oncoming drivers and I was flashed several times. Then again, that was a reflector housing and yours is a projector lens so maybe it will work better, however I have seen many videos online complaining of this same problem even with projectors. My suggestion is to maybe go for a whiter halogen bulb like the Philips XtremeVision (has the same stock Wattage, so it won't require re-wiring), which is way whiter than the stock - I used these on my Axio and it was a significant difference with better and further visibility.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, misnad said:

If you're really keen on this, don't buy the rubbish available locally. Get yours from PowerBulbs online as they have better kits. I used these conversion kits in the past with my Axio (I now drive a Civic 2018 with stock LED's) and the light wouldn't focus properly. The light throw was too short and despite being able to see the surrounding areas clearer, driving in the rain and on long roads is a nightmare. Also, it annoyed many oncoming drivers and I was flashed several times. Then again, that was a reflector housing and yours is a projector lens so maybe it will work better, however I have seen many videos online complaining of this same problem even with projectors. My suggestion is to maybe go for a whiter halogen bulb like the Philips XtremeVision (has the same stock Wattage, so it won't require re-wiring), which is way whiter than the stock - I used these on my Axio and it was a significant difference with better and further visibility.

Mizyyyyy....!!! Good to see you on this forum..!!

Yes, In few posts we discussed about Headlight upgrades. In short it was a pain aligning HID kits, then noticed fading on reflector (I guess due to access heat). Also had a tough time upgrading to 100w halogens. Had to change from wiring to a new alternator.  I think its a better choice running with stock. I could not find a proper video to make my decision to buy Philips XtremeVision. Does not seem to have much difference.  

 

KMeeg (Kasun)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, misnad said:

My suggestion is to maybe go for a whiter halogen bulb like the Philips XtremeVision (has the same stock Wattage, so it won't require re-wiring), which is way whiter than the stock - I used these on my Axio and it was a significant difference with better and further visibility.

 

6 hours ago, kmeeg said:

I think its a better choice running with stock. I could not find a proper video to make my decision to buy Philips XtremeVision. Does not seem to have much difference.  

Thanks Guys, I totally forgot about this option. If I am not mistaken, there is a white light option in Osram as well. 

Anywhere you guys suggest to buy the white halogens in SL? I know people who have brought them down on ebay. Not sure of the quality though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register for a new account in our community. It's easy and FREE!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×