• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

"Honda Civic 2017 (Gen X) 1.5L Turbo"

Amilapk

1 hour ago, kush said:

Duty for 1.0 L Rs. 1.75 Mn.  (127 Bhp)

1.5L Rs. 4.875 Mn.  (180 Bhp)

2.0 L Rs. 12.0 Mn. (316 Bhp) Type R

It is your money

With the prices in the market, the highest spec 1.0L is above 7mil where as the 1.5L turbo with the agents is 9.3mil all inclusive with registration and warranty. The difference of 3.1mil on duty is not materializing in pricing. 

29 minutes ago, Harry (aq) said:

With the prices in the market, the highest spec 1.0L is above 7mil where as the 1.5L turbo with the agents is 9.3mil all inclusive with registration and warranty. The difference of 3.1mil on duty is not materializing in pricing. 

Comparable specs of the 1.5T at the agent is of SE the lowest spec of the UK imports which is around Rs. 6.0 Mn. When you get from the local agent you pay margin only for 1 party. Where as for the UK import you pay for the UK dealer as well as the local.

Warranty cost is for the manufacturer so no cost for the agent. I believe UK cars come with 3 years of warranty which you loose when the car is exported to SL 

• 1 month later...

Thought of maintaining a log of my experience with the new babe in this tread. I have had the car for just over a week as of now. Have had very bad weather for driving but did enjoy every second of over 600 km driving thus far. 

Going with the trend these days I did opt to go for a Ceramic Coating for the car before I got the delivery. The agent was very supportive in accommodating in getting my requirements done before delivery.

The only advice given by the agent on 1st 1,000 km was not to rev the engine over 4,000rpm (the usual story in SL). But if I am not mistaken, apart from high revving the engine, constant rpm for a extended period of time is also not good during break in period and there is more to engine break in than just driving under a certain speed and RPM. 

The first proper drive was to Galle and reluctantly I had to take the highway due to horrid weather. Since engine was still breaking in, could not open the throttle as much as I wanted to and did not let the engine run at the same RPM for longer period.

Even in lower RPMs the pick up of the car is absolutely stunning. The constant acceleration without gear shits needs a bit getting used to but I love it. Although many talks about the slight turbo lag, I havent noticed it thus far. The flaps let you override the gear ratio while driving (I know it is a CVT) in the Drive mode and gets back to its normal mode after few seconds, but in Sport mode, once you used the paddles to up or down shift, the car gets into manually up shifting mode. It stays the same until the gear is changed to Drive. (at least it is the only way I know to switch the manual mode off in "S". I am still going through the 600+ page Owner's Manual)

The car's computer showed a average fuel efficiency of 5.5 liters per 100 km (just above 18kmpl) and averaged just over 15kmpl from full tank to full tank over 340km. Weekday Colombo running is still around 8kmpl and still I am not very convinced of the accuracy of the calculations of car's computer on fuel economy. I will update on the progress after the 1st couple of services. 

Cant wait to open the taps properly after the engine break in period. 

p.s: We generally have names for our cars. Keeping in with the tradition my daughter christened this one as 'Jackson Storm' (from Cars 3). 'Stormy' for short... So Stormy says "Hello World"! 

Front 1 compressed.jpg

Front Right 1 compressed.jpg

Front Right 2 compressed.jpg

Rear 1 compressed.jpg

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Harry (aq) said:

The only advice given by the agent on 1st 1,000 km was not to rev the engine over 4,000rpm (the usual story in SL). But if I am not mistaken, apart from high revving the engine, constant rpm for a extended period of time is also not good during break in period and there is more to engine break in than just driving under a certain speed and RPM. 

Nice post. When is your first service/ oil change due? 

20 hours ago, Insedious said:

Nice post. When is your first service/ oil change due? 

At this rate I will hit 1000km by next weekend hopefully. 

Edited by Harry (aq)

38 minutes ago, Harry (aq) said:

At this rate I will hit 1000km by next weekend hoefully. 

What's the reasoning behind doing it at 1000km ? Were you recommended by the agent ? I have the 1.0 l Hatch and I was asked to do the same by the importer but can't seem to find any documentation to back it. The manual does not talk anything about a service at 1000k  ( it does not talk of a break in period as well, it's possible I missed it considering the size of the manual) and the oil life time monitor doesn't tell that either.  One thing I do see is when the car was delivered with 0 milage the Oil life time monitor showed 19,000km as the life time, and at 600kms down the line the life time has dropped by 3000 kms.

14 hours ago, Insedious said:

What's the reasoning behind doing it at 1000km ? Were you recommended by the agent ? I have the 1.0 l Hatch and I was asked to do the same by the importer but can't seem to find any documentation to back it. The manual does not talk anything about a service at 1000k  ( it does not talk of a break in period as well, it's possible I missed it considering the size of the manual) and the oil life time monitor doesn't tell that either.  One thing I do see is when the car was delivered with 0 milage the Oil life time monitor showed 19,000km as the life time, and at 600kms down the line the life time has dropped by 3000 kms.

Oil life monitor will re calibrate based on distance, average speed, number of stop starts etc. expect it to come down further may settle some where around 10k

On 5/27/2018 at 10:44 AM, Harry (aq) said:

p.s: We generally have names for our cars. Keeping in with the tradition my daughter christened this one as 'Jackson Storm' (from Cars 3). 'Stormy' for short... So Stormy says "Hello World"! 

How bout "Stormy Daniels"? ?

I've always had doubts about the engine break in period. Aren't modern cars "broke-in" at the factory itself? But let's assume this is required. In such cases, there is no theory that says running the car slow or at low RPM is required during this period. From what I've read the recommendation is not to the vary the RPM rapidly, or drive the car at a constant RPM for long.

Same with the 1000km service period. I think modern engines do not need such quick first time oil changes unless specifically mentioned by the manufacturer. Then again if it was me I'd just do it just so I can have peace of mind.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the ride!

Edited by ramishkad
  • Like 1

1000 km service is for checkups mainly. The 1st oil change is at 5,000km and every 5,000km there after. 

WRT engine break in, there are 2 schools of thoughts. Hard break in and soft break in. Every manufacturer recommends soft break in of engines. In performance driven vehicles, the manufacturer breaks in the engine and hands the car over to dealer so that the buyer can take the car straight to the track if they want. But domestic cars like what we have, we need to be mindful of the 1st 1,000 km to 1,500 km of the vehicle mileage. following are few youtube videos which would give useful insight into engine break in. Hope these will help. 

2 hours ago, JayZ said:

How is the ceramic coating holding up with the weather? is it as good as they say it is? 

So far no complains. Majority of the dust goes off with a normal spray of water. I was asked to use hair shampoo to wash the car by the guys who did the treatment. I still havent got the time to research the reason behind it. They claim the most car shampoos used in the car wash places have bleach in them and it is not good for the coating. 

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ramishkad said:

How bout "Stormy Daniels"? ?

I've always had doubts about the engine break in period. Aren't modern cars "broke-in" at the factory itself? But let's assume this is required. In such cases, there is no theory that says running the car slow or at low RPM is required during this period. From what I've read the recommendation is not to the vary the RPM rapidly, or drive the car at a constant RPM for long.

Same with the 1000km service period. I think modern engines do not need such quick first time oil changes unless specifically mentioned by the manufacturer. Then again if it was me I'd just do it just so I can have peace of mind.

Congrats on your purchase and enjoy the ride!

Thank you ramishkad.

Haha, I would definitely have named her Stormy Daniels or some other name, but my daughter wanted to name her Jackson Storm. Fathers will always give in to what the daughters want eventually. So Jackson Storm it is. 

The 1st service at 1,000km is more or less a check up service. The 1st oil change is at 5,000 km. 

Some of the engines are broken in but some are not. From the research I did, in general performance cars are broken in and most domestic cars are not. So it is safe to and better to go gentle on the 1st 1000-1500 km. Nothing to loose. 

Edited by Harry (aq)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Insedious said:

You need to do the service in 1000km.Even though my one shows 22k oil life time agent asked me to do oil change in 1000km.There after every 5000km.Last week I went to S****rd  and they recommend to do the oil change in 1000km.

2 hours ago, ramishkad said:

Aren't modern cars "broke-in" at the factory itself

This is the same information I got, that these engines are already broken in.

2 hours ago, ramishkad said:

How bout "Stormy Daniels"?

Ha ha ha.. Dude, he did say he had a kid right ? Doesn't "Stormy Daniel" sound like a good name for a 2 door ( ideally we need 3 doors) coupe which haunts you after you sold it off to someone after having a brief but a pleasurable drive? ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hungry_Minder said:

You need to do the service in 1000km.Even though my one shows 22k oil life time agent asked me to do oil change in 1000km.There after every 5000km.Last week I went to S****rd  and they recommend to do the oil change in 1000km.

Interesting, my RM at the agents told me there will not be an oil change at 1000km it will only be done at 5000km

On 5/27/2018 at 10:44 AM, Harry (aq) said:

Thought of maintaining a log of my experience with the new babe in this tread. I have had the car for just over a week as of now.

She (he? Jackson Storm is a male car right? :D ) looks stunning!

So did you sell the Lancer? How long did it take to find a buyer? 

• Thanks 1

Congratz harry. What was the landing price for the permit?. When I was in the car hunt last year,agent was not bringing down 1.5 l turbo. Is it possible to customize the order ?.  

• Thanks 1

On 5/28/2018 at 9:05 PM, Hyaenidae said:

So did you sell the Lancer? How long did it take to find a buyer? 

Thank you Hyaenidae, 

I did sell the Lancer in Feb. Tried selling it from Oct 2017 but was absolutely frustrating trying to sell it as as so called Pundits came trying to find faults of the car. Being a manual tranny and having 160k km on the clock did not help either.

One guy came and asked to take the car for a test drive, he could not drive a manual to save his life. While he was driving in the office car park he asked me "මචං clutch එක balance කරලද තියෙන්නෙ". I was just loss for words. 

It was so frustrating when people try to put the car you took care of like a baby down even without inspecting it. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Clark'sson said:

Anyways Stormy is a good name as he was born with the storm. Well the wether in SL these days

Coincidental but it indeed is a matching name

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 9:55 AM, H.C said:

Congratz harry. What was the landing price for the permit?. When I was in the car hunt last year,agent was not bringing down 1.5 l turbo. Is it possible to customize the order ?.  

Thank you H.C

CIF was USD 21,000. In addition there is a agent charge i think it is LKR 900,000 now. This includes the registration and 3m tint. If you need a priority number you have the bare the cost of that. For me the car costed approximately LKR 4.1 without insurance and other frills (ceramic coating, stickers, carpets etc...)

The 1.5 turbo was offered from about Aug/Sep last year as there was a shipment of Nov 2017 production. Before that agents were stuck with alot of 1.6 non turbo vtec vehicles which were very basic when it comes to trims and options. There are few more non turbos available still if i am not mistaken. 

Sadly, It is not customisable. I tried but failed, agents offer the fully loaded option and no extras offered. 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:27 AM, Harry (aq) said:

So far no complains. Majority of the dust goes off with a normal spray of water. I was asked to use hair shampoo to wash the car by the guys who did the treatment. I still havent got the time to research the reason behind it. They claim the most car shampoos used in the car wash places have bleach in them and it is not good for the coating. 

Acidic(low PH) shampoos have a effect on ceramic clear coat. Ive ceramic coated my Axela about 8 months back as a DIY project. One of the leaflets came with the package mentioned to use neutral ph car shampoo. They also recommend to reload the top layer with Silicon dioxide spray once in every 3-6 months, to protect the ceramic layer☺️ . 

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Thought to share my 2 weeks experience of my JDM Civic Sedan 1.5L Turbo.

I've imported it from Japan for my permit with 600km on the clock.

What I like in this car,

1) Great eye catching look; both professional and sporty

2) Amazing Turbocharged engine

3) Very comfortable ride

4) Excellent fuel economy; 18.8kmpl in long distance and average 14+kmpl in Anuradhapura

5) Quality black leather interior with power adjustable front seats

6) Honda sensing and a lot more options

7) Spacious

What I don't like,

1) Lack of front passenger seat height adjustment and lack of power lumbar support

2) Low ground clearance (not a big issue as I had same in my previous 3rd gen Prius)

What I need to know from the experts,

1) Why can't I start it with the dedicated remote engine start button? May be the car doesn't come with the remote starter system even though the key has the button.

2) Is 0W20 Mobil fully synthetic oil is the choice. And when to change the viscosity.

IMAG2733.jpg

IMAG2735.jpg

IMAG2737.jpg

• Like 5