• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 141LX

Aegon

I am looking forward to buy a Toyota Corolla 141 LX under 4M. I know I can go for 2007 - 2010 year models and around 50k - 80k in mileage . I am just curious if any of you lads got experience with these cars and if so,

1. What are the major mechanical problems you have encountered with this car

2. Fuel usage

3. What to look when buying

4. Questions to be asked

Supports are highly appriciated.

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2017 at 1:38 PM, Aegon said:

I am looking forward to buy a Toyota Corolla 141 LX under 4M. I know I can go for 2007 - 2010 year models and around 50k - 80k in mileage . I am just curious if any of you lads got experience with these cars and if so,

1. What are the major mechanical problems you have encountered with this car

2. Fuel usage

3. What to look when buying

4. Questions to be asked

Supports are highly appriciated.

My mom brought one from the 1st batch Dec 2007 and has been using the car for the last 10 years, it has done approximately 65K

1.Things replaced, tires, front break pads, auxiliary belt (fan belt) car has been absolutely reliable

However i have heard of few cars that had issues with the electrical power steering which can be replaced around 50K at a reliable place with parts imported from Thailand where they are manufacuted

A/C pump

Shocks

2. Don't expect over 8-9 in Colombo City, 12-15 highway (not as economical as Axio/ Allion in par with Civic Mazda 3)

3. History for repairs, mileage (use service records,  emission certificates) most of the cars are clocked especially if it is with 2-3 owners or car sales people) Try to get one form the original owner even with a high mileage.

Look for any accident damages, usually uneven panel gaps, wrinkles inside engine component,  boot floor.

4. Ask questions to support above

Happy hunting