• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nerhu

Question

Hi,, users

I'm from trincomalee

I'm deciding to buy new car / suv.

Please let me help to find a vehicle with following option.

1. Fuel economy 15km-30km

2. Which is best for vehicle hybrid or other?  have 2nd market for hybrid.. 

3. Get Spare parts in any of island shops

4. Vezel has any issues in RS ?

5. I looked some vehicle.. such as Honda vezel, axio wxb, mazda, 

Please experts let me help to good economy smart vehicle for my home and office purposes.

Thank you

Nehru

Edited by Nerhu

4 answers to this question

Go for Axio WXB which is in your fuel economy range.  But 0 millage is around 6.5m. Good second hand market and also comfortable good looking car. Honda Grace also handy stuff. If you are going for second hand one Premio is the best. Those battery related issues will not be an issue in long use

Hi Nehru 
Think I can share few options which I got when I was trying to buy a suitable vehicle for me. You said your'e from Trinco right...? I'am from Batticaloa.
I would say stay away from Hybridz if your'e from Eastern province. Finding a qualified service station here is finding a needle in haystack.
Most of the grease monkeys here don't know what they're doing. Again taking the vehicle to outer area(Colombo,kurunegala) for even a small repair will cost you some fuel which can be avoided if you go for conventional vehicles. You can see there are tons of hybridz crawling and may wonder where they doing the maintenance. I bet you all have their own sad stories and opted out the E.P service stations mostly. 

If you consider Mazda ..friend its different category car (More sportier,good pickup,stiffer sport setup suspension but a gas guzzler)   
don't ever expect 15Km/l on Mazda.

For your budget and If your'e OK with pre owned vehicles I would recommend Premio or Allion. Brand new will cost around 7-7.5 mills
Both are not very thirsty you can expect around 14-18Km/l with A/C  if you find the sweet spot (Eco mode), holds the resale value perfectly ,Softy suspension setup, and moreover spares are everywhere and reliable though.

Again it's just my opinion but if you are into more sportier, driving pleasure,rugged driving don't even think about Premio or Allion.  Mazda is there for you 

Happy hunting 

8 hours ago, kishore said:

Hi Nehru 
Think I can share few options which I got when I was trying to buy a suitable vehicle for me. You said your'e from Trinco right...? I'am from Batticaloa.
I would say stay away from Hybridz if your'e from Eastern province. Finding a qualified service station here is finding a needle in haystack.
Most of the grease monkeys here don't know what they're doing. Again taking the vehicle to outer area(Colombo,kurunegala) for even a small repair will cost you some fuel which can be avoided if you go for conventional vehicles. You can see there are tons of hybridz crawling and may wonder where they doing the maintenance. I bet you all have their own sad stories and opted out the E.P service stations mostly. 

If you consider Mazda ..friend its different category car (More sportier,good pickup,stiffer sport setup suspension but a gas guzzler)   
don't ever expect 15Km/l on Mazda.

For your budget and If your'e OK with pre owned vehicles I would recommend Premio or Allion. Brand new will cost around 7-7.5 mills
Both are not very thirsty you can expect around 14-18Km/l with A/C  if you find the sweet spot (Eco mode), holds the resale value perfectly ,Softy suspension setup, and moreover spares are everywhere and reliable though.

Again it's just my opinion but if you are into more sportier, driving pleasure,rugged driving don't even think about Premio or Allion.  Mazda is there for you 

Happy hunting 

Agreed.  Mazda is that kind of nice stuff. But I don't know why Sri lankans don't select this as Toyota or Honda. I think the issue is fuel economy. Other than they are better than most of the other brands. Premio is very nice vehicle considering all factors of local market. Selection Up to you. 

Sri Lankan 2nd hand market is dominated by attitude of the people than anything else. Toyota and Honda are leading.  But other Japanese models are equally good.  Recent Korean ones also offer better packages. If you are planning to use the car for at least 5 years don't worry much on the second hand market. By that time all the current models will anyway be replaced.