• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good tyre for Premio 195/65/15

Premio

Anyone can sujjest good tyre? For reasonable price with durability?

I checked michelin for 16200/= , Pirelli for 15800/=, Kumho 13200/=

Which is good? I herd michelin side walls are too soft.

Anyone can sujjest a place to purchase !

Also is it advisable to change only one shock if other shock is in perfect condition?I am asking about rear shocks?

Ok, guys, let's get back to the original topic, shall we?

Please be patient till a fellow member answer your post (IF IT'S NOT DISCUSSED BEFORE). We do not have time to deal with troublemakers ...simply you will get fully banned or else lucky enough to go away by getting only a warning.

On 10/2/2017 at 10:14 PM, Premio said:

Also is it advisable to change only one shock if other shock is in perfect condition?I am asking about rear shocks?

Price not being a determinant factor, I'd go with Michelin, Theyill give you long tread life and good handling.

And for shocks, better replaced in pairs,

TT.

Edited by Twin Turbo
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 4:44 PM, Premio said:

Bro 
Why don't you consider Continental as well, Check the  ContiComfortContact CC5 
Its very good all-rounder, good dry, wet grip with low road noise.
give you a balanced experience      

Edited by kishore
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your reply. 

Michelin tyres are too soft and even compress by hand. I had a doubt about too soft side walls,and side wall failure.

That is the reason to do a post with prices for comparison. 

I decided to gi for Michelin, top in safety wise and comfortable. I found it is cheapest in a Malay Street tyre shop. 

Continential tyre which i use is "Engineered in Germany" written. It's 'Conti eco contact3'. 

It's  my rear shock failure. When i shake vehicle,i can hear 'squeeking' sound. Also noticed one plasric cylinder shape thing fallen,probably which connected to shock bumpers. 

Following photo shows the cylindrical thing fallen .

20171008_104945.jpg

I'm Running Pirelli Cinturato P1s 14" on my Vios, overall it's a good Tire and road noise is less. better side wall compared to Michelin Energy XM2s.

On the Shock absorber, i think your Bumper stops has failed.  when it compressed, is it stops immediately? if yes then your shocks are good, unless if there's a sign of oil leaks around the cylinder. for replace just the bumper stops.

Edited by Ruslan

Looks like only bumper stopper broken.Can't see any oil leaks. When compress it stops immediately.

Bit confused about pirelli and Michelin Mx2 as prices are almost equal . As you said pirelli side walls harder than michelin. Many peoples thinking how the tyre can give good milage with thinner side wall, but it will increase comfortability for sure by thin side wall.

3 hours ago, Premio said:

Thank you for your reply. 

Michelin tyres are too soft and even compress by hand. I had a doubt about too soft side walls,and side wall failure.

That is the reason to do a post with prices for comparison. 

I decided to gi for Michelin, top in safety wise and comfortable. I found it is cheapest in a Malay Street tyre shop. 

Continential tyre which i use is "Engineered in Germany" written. It's 'Conti eco contact3'. 

It's  my rear shock failure. When i shake vehicle,i can hear 'squeeking' sound. Also noticed one plasric cylinder shape thing fallen,probably which connected to shock bumpers. 

Following photo shows the cylindrical thing fallen .

20171008_104945.jpg

Seems your  bumper shock mount broken, this might occur when you hit road bumps with full load (excess weight distributed to shock) , and one of the main reason to make shock failure in Allion and Premio. Recently I changed my rear mount 
I got a nasty hit with full load and ended with ABS Sensor failure and broken mount. The repair guy told me to replace the mount asap 
cause it will cost my shock if i run with it for prolonged period. Seems that's the problem you got now 
The mount will cost 2.5K if you get it from T.Lanka (Recommended).   

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Magnum said:

Premio has torsion beam at the back isn't it?

Didn't know torsion beam suspensions come with the shock absorber placed within the coil spring ?

Both are there but coil being separate is the most common.

This way saves some trunk space but sacrifices independent tire movement.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Stig said:

Both are there but coil being separate is the most common.

This way saves some trunk space but sacrifices independent tire movement.

I thought if the shocks are outside it's torsion beam and if it's inside it's independent :P

1 hour ago, Magnum said:

I thought if the shocks are outside it's torsion beam and if it's inside it's independent :P

LOL 

Non independent rears are connected to each wheel with a beam. On front wheel drives the rear is just a beam. on rear wheel drive its the rear axle itself

main-qimg-6a9834c61121793a57af1d17821a8d 

maxresdefault.jpg

Independent rears come in many forms but multilink is the most common. You can identify these easily because links from each wheel is connected to the body and not connected to each wheel.

026284_Mazda_MX-5_2009.jpg?640x400

Image result for lancer rear suspension

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Stig said:

LOL 

Non independent rears are connected to each wheel with a beam. On front wheel drives the rear is just a beam. on rear wheel drive its the rear axle itself

main-qimg-6a9834c61121793a57af1d17821a8d 

maxresdefault.jpg

Independent rears come in many forms but multilink is the most common. You can identify these easily because links from each wheel is connected to the body and not connected to each wheel.

026284_Mazda_MX-5_2009.jpg?640x400

Image result for lancer rear suspension

That makes me it more clear :D

Got to do some reading, seems interesting.

But I can already see how independent suspension is more stable.