• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle for 6 million

bid87

Question

Hi Guys,

Currently I own a Harrier 240G 2005 and I'm planning to sell it and buy a new vehicle.

My budget is 6 million.

I'm more interested in the driving pleasure, comfort and performance of the vehicle.

Appreciate if you guys could help me out with available options and share your experiences about the best cars within the 6 million price range.

Thanks.

?

Edited by bid87
Spelling mistakes

17 answers to this question

4 hours ago, iRage said:

So are you looking for a sedan ? hatch ? I guess not a cross-over SUV because for your budget all you could probably get is something the same age as your Harrier with a different badge.

Yes machan

At least a vehicle where the YOM is 2010 or above.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kush said:

Audi A4, BMW 3 series, Mazda 6 for little bit more

A4 2011 1.8 T - I also feel that I can go for & I'm a huge Audi fan.

How about the maintenance and availability of parts and services other than Senok?

Mazda 6 is one of the greatest in the market. Will I be able to find a 2013-14 model below 6.5 mn? 

Btw, How much can I sell my vehicle for guys?

Toyota Harrier 240 G

YOM - 2005

YOR - 2009

HID Head Light, ABS Brakes, Alloys, Central Locking, Power Windows, Power Steering, DVD / MP3 player, reverse camera and front and side cameras, security alarm system.

Petrol (not the Hybrid)

fully loaded and In immaculate condition

3rd owner, Mileage: 129k

New Battery New Shocks Fully insured till Aug 2018

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Edited by bid87

I would say, go for BMW X1 (2011/2012) - I had one for over 3 years and loved the vehicle so much. 

One of the best cars to drive. Good handling and good performance, 180 BHP, very good one fuel too (10 colombo and 18 highway)

Make sure it is low mileage and maintained at agents. 

You can get a good one below 6M

Kia sorento is good reliable SUV. U may go with your budget also. If you go for sedan Grace should be the best one. You can buy 0 millage with the limit. Mazda Axela is one of the sexiest in sri lankan sedan market and it is also in your range. Few other you should for,

1. Toyota Axio

2. Honda Accord 2011- Powerful / comfort/ safe

3. Toyota Premio 2014/2013

4.Honda vezel 2015 ( Not a heart breaking stuff- but maintenance cost/ fuel efficiency is good. bit comfortable also)

5.BMW 320D

6. Benz C180 - If you try hard you may find.. maintenance will be expensive

7. Toyota Hilux

If were in this situation my selection goes around Honda Grace and Kia sorento.... Comfort, Spare parts availability and worth for price is there.

1 hour ago, Xtreme Auto said:

Kia sorento is good reliable SUV. U may go with your budget also. If you go for sedan Grace should be the best one. You can buy 0 millage with the limit. Mazda Axela is one of the sexiest in sri lankan sedan market and it is also in your range. Few other you should for,

1. Toyota Axio

4.Honda vezel 2015 ( Not a heart breaking stuff- but maintenance cost/ fuel efficiency is good. bit comfortable also)

5.BMW 320D

7. Toyota Hilux

If were in this situation my selection goes around Honda Grace and Kia sorento.... Comfort, Spare parts availability and worth for price is there.

Unless you opt for the Germans others will be bit of downgrade from the Harrier

1. Toyota Axio

5.BMW 320D

7. Toyota Hilux

:o

6 hours ago, CJ12312A said:

I would say, go for BMW X1 (2011/2012) - I had one for over 3 years and loved the vehicle so much. 

One of the best cars to drive. Good handling and good performance, 180 BHP, very good one fuel too (10 colombo and 18 highway)

Make sure it is low mileage and maintained at agents. 

You can get a good one below 6M

Thanks machan

5 hours ago, Xtreme Auto said:

1. Toyota Axio

5.BMW 320D

7. Toyota Hilux

Thanks, Machan.

I felt going for a Grace is a bit of a downgrade.

However, I like both Honda Accord and Kia Sorento.

Can anyone give me more details on Kia Sorento?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, kush said:

Unless you opt for the Germans others will be bit of downgrade from the Harrier

hmmm

yeah, Machan. I'm trying to stretch my budget a little bit more to go for a better vehicle.

But at the moment it's 6 to 6.5 mn max

Im planning to buy a Harrier , Prado or a Sorento. - Budget 7mil.

@bid87 - Could give me some information regarding the Harrier since you have experience with it. (Fuel Consumption / Spare parts availability/price and if there are any known recurring problems which require maintenance after a certain millage?

Thanks...

Also for urinfo request regarding Sorento > 

Thanks

Edited by NFC

1 hour ago, NFC said:

Im planning to buy a Harrier , Prado or a Sorento. - Budget 7mil.

@bid87 - Could give me some information regarding the Harrier since you have experience with it. (Fuel Consumption / Spare parts availability/price and if there are any known recurring problems which require maintenance after a certain millage?

Thanks...

Also for urinfo request regarding Sorento > 

Thanks

Machan,

Harrier 240 - fuel consumption is around 7 / 8 in Colombo and 11-12 outstation

Usual cost like all other Japanese cars . To give you a rough idea I've recently replaced KYB 2 shock absorbers for 35k

And the parts are widely available and you can order (import) original parts through authorized dealers

No recurring/inherent problems as such.

Very comfortable and the driving pleasure and handling is better than my previous car which was a 2012 bluebird shylpy

Edited by bid87
  • Like 1