• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question

Hi all,

I have recently bought MAZDA S3 (2006) with already installed ZHUHAI WITSON car DVD player which comes with GPS and rear camera. When im listening to the radio and put reverse gear the camera doesnt display on the screen. It basically displays only if I click on AUX on the player's pannel. Does or did anyone have this kind of problem? It makes me upset as it is time consuming and not the way it should work. What shall I do for the rear camera to work when I put reverse gear no matter whether the radio or Nav or anything else apart from AUX is on? I want the rear camera to be switched on automatically every time I reverse.

Edited by paula

2 answers to this question

The head unit should be having a reverse camera trigger line (in addition to the video input)  which needs to be hooked up to one of your reverse light +12v lines. When you put the car into reverse, the same 12v power that reaches the reverse lights is passed into the head unit through the trigger line to switch the system to show the video feed from the camera. So you need get that line connected. 

Was it this way from the beginning or did it stop working recently? 

Does the camera also work when you switch press aux when the car is not in reverse ?

If so then it has been wired wrong. The trigger for the reverse cam is usually the reverse lights. The camera turns on with the reverse lights which is what triggers the head unit to auto switch to reverse mode. It might also be an issue if your reverse lights dont turn on at all.