• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

AC warning in Allion 260

TBN86

Question

I have allion 260 2011 model . currently it dome 120k kilometres.recently i have scanned my car and got one AC system warning .That peraon told me that there might be solar sensor problem in car.but when running i dont feel any problem in AC system.it is working fine.Plz explain me what could be the issue? What is the solar sensor

And also how frequently need to service AC compressor?

Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-59-29.png

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, TBN86 said:

I have allion 260 2011 model . currently it dome 120k kilometres.recently i have scanned my car and got one AC system warning .That peraon told me that there might be solar sensor problem in car.but when running i dont feel any problem in AC system.it is working fine.Plz explain me what could be the issue? What is the solar sensor

And also how frequently need to service AC compressor?

Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-59-29.png

This scan tool it self should support to get the error code.if this tool doesn't support then scan the vehicle with a proper tool that you can get the error code (example error code is P0533 – AC refrigerant pressure sensor high input )

This problem is common in allion and premio 260. 

These compressors are clutch less type. System liading and unliading happening by refregirant system. 

Since you have run 120k, definetely compressor need renewal. When idle run, in park position,under sun light, check cooling, definetely you will feel uncomfortable, then slightly increase rpm to 1200 or slightly above,you will feel difference. 

Compressor performance deteriorating, it is difficult to overhaul the compressor and not si sure it's performance after doung so. Best option is to change the compressor when it is about to fail. Still you can use this. No need any repair.

AC system trouble codes are common in these models. 

Use the compressor as long as you can & change whenever you feel not enough cooling or when started running noisy.

Good luck.:)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Imranxx said:

My 2010 allion A15 NZT 260, AC keep a constant on and off is that normal ?

What do you mean by constant on and off?

if you turn it on, it will stay on. You wont feel any clutch disengagement and sudden rpm drop (in idle) since it is a vdc. if this is the case, it is perfectly normal.

On 9/13/2018 at 7:53 AM, Imranxx said:

My 2010 allion A15 NZT 260, AC keep a constant on and off is that normal ?

If you purchased the car recently, it might be that one of the previous owners replaced the factory Variable Displacement Compressor with a clutch type one? As many Toyotas with VDCs appear to be having issues as their cars age, some of them opt to replacing the VDC with a regular clutch type compressor. 

If your car now has a clutch type AC compressor, it's normal for it to engage and disengage. But not too frequently. If keeps engaging and disengaging every few seconds, then you need to get a pressure test done to make sure refrigerant level is OK.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 2:02 PM, BlueRaiden said:

What do you mean by constant on and off?

if you turn it on, it will stay on. You wont feel any clutch disengagement and sudden rpm drop (in idle) since it is a vdc. if this is the case, it is perfectly normal.

I mean the ac will send cool air for 5 mins then it will stop for 5 mins then come on again. At times when the sun really hot I Dont get any cool air.

6 minutes ago, Imranxx said:

I mean the ac will send cool air for 5 mins then it will stop for 5 mins then come on again. At times when the sun really hot I Dont get any cool air.

Did you check if the cooling fans in the engine bay are working when the AC is engaged?

• Like 2

Hi,

For Toyota Premio NZT260, what is the exact compressor required?

When I inquired from the market the feedback I got was there are 2 compressors 

1. A compressor with a single sensor

2. A compressor with 2 sensors

Any help is appreciated.