• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Zero mileage

SNJ

Question

Planning to buy my first car in sri lanka. My thoughts are with honda vezel with zero mileage. Before i start visiting car dealers, wants to know weather i sould concentrate on car dealers or walked to stafford and place the order. Can some one advise me if there going to be a huge difference in the price of the car between these 2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of these 2 sources. Details as much will help. Many thanks

2 answers to this question

The agent sells the Honda HR-V which is the export market variant of the Vezel. It only comes in 1.5L (or is it 1.8L) gasoline variant. The Vezel, which is the Japanese market version of the same car, comes in Hybrid or 1.5L gasoline form; where most of the units brought down to SL being the Hybrid variant.

The Vezel comes with a few more bells and whistles than the HR-V. If you search the forums you will find the pros and cons of the Vezel including technical issues.

As for the two sources. Well....the agent is always the safer options as they offer the manufacturer's warranty and stand by it. If they don't you can always escalate within Honda Motor Corp.

With private dealers you are pretty much at the mercy of the the dealers. There are a few decent ones but most are pretty much all flash and no substance. you know..the type who will offer you the sun and the moon before the sale but give you the cold shoulder afterwards ? The dealers usually offer third party warranties like Sterling. Claiming warranty can go either way. The Japanese Honda agent's warranty (which is what the Vezel would carry) would not be transferable to the local Honda agent. Sometimes the third party dealer's are able to claim parts from the Japanese agent but you can't always count on that.

I have no idea about the price difference, but considering the tax difference between gasoline (what the agent offers) and hybrid (what dealers offer) variants, it could be quite significant. Plus the agent will add up for more comprehensive warranty coverage. So it will be up to you to decide if the price difference is worth the risk between the two sources, etc...

Also, the Honda agent is one of the better agents in Sl and so far they haven't had any issues in supporting grey imports from Japan, as long as you are willing t pay for it.

So I would say research the car, go to both sources and see which one works for you.

Edited by iRage
  • Like 2