• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buddhi_1

Question

12 answers to this question

Is it your budget the only selection criteria? What about the  other  things? If I may list down some in random order,

- Features, for me it is GP5

- Driving pleasure, again it is GP5

- Fuel economy, for city driving  it is Aqua. At highway speeds GP5 performs better.

- Interior, GP5 it is. Aqua interior is tasteless.

- Trend, GP5 is much preferred by the younger generation

- Reliability, Aqua it is. GP5 has duel clutch transmission (DCT) which gives better driving experience over Toyota's Power Split Device (PSD) drive, but DCT  can fail prematurely unless you are very careful with maintenance. However one cannot call it a "defect" although there has been recalls and firmware updates. It is something inherent to clutch based transmissions. PSD is much more reliable.

- Overall maintenance cost, Aqua is more economical.

- Resale value, well everybody in SL knows it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Buddhi_1

Rumesh88 given a good comparison. But Don't be scared for the technology. I use Honda Grace. Almost same. No issues in DCT if you look after the car well. Go to a reputed place for your periodic service. Change the Duel Clutch oil too while you change the gear oil at 40000. Normally I check DC oil in every other service. If slugged or not good I change. It cost only Rs.3000.00. No issues and gives a good Driving pleasure.

As rumesh88 said " Trend, GP5 is much preferred by the younger generation"

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, RKTS said:

Hi Buddhi_1

Rumesh88 given a good comparison. But Don't be scared for the technology. I use Honda Grace. Almost same. No issues in DCT if you look after the car well. Go to a reputed place for your periodic service. Change the Duel Clutch oil too while you change the gear oil at 40000. Normally I check DC oil in every other service. If slugged or not good I change. It cost only Rs.3000.00. No issues and gives a good Driving pleasure.

As rumesh88 said " Trend, GP5 is much preferred by the younger generation"

Thank you! In my case i’m willing to buy a used vezel. So how could i make sure that car DCT is in good condition?? Can it recognized by a inspection?

Hi Buddhi_1

Unfortunately I am not an expert in this. But if you could do a test run just notice below.

1.     If you are having difficulty engaging gears,

2.     If accelerate and the engine revolutions go up, but the car does not speed up,

3.      An abnormal noise.

this is what I know.

Hope an expert in the forum will help you with more.

One of my friend met with and accident and the car was in the Gurage for couple of months due to an Insurance issue. Once repaired we noticed the above and the agents advised to replace the Duel clutch assembly as it has been damaged. The cost was around Rs.400,000. But he managed to repair from a place near the Kalani Bridge for Rs.100,000/= all inclusive and now it is like new.

So don't worry.

Edited by RKTS
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2017 at 10:01 AM, RKTS said:

Hi Buddhi_1

Unfortunately I am not an expert in this. But if you could do a test run just notice below.

1.     If you are having difficulty engaging gears,

2.     If accelerate and the engine revolutions go up, but the car does not speed up,

3.      An abnormal noise.

this is what I know.

Hope an expert in the forum will help you with more.

One of my friend met with and accident and the car was in the Gurage for couple of months due to an Insurance issue. Once repaired we noticed the above and the agents advised to replace the Duel clutch assembly as it has been damaged. The cost was around Rs.400,000. But he managed to repair from a place near the Kalani Bridge for Rs.100,000/= all inclusive and now it is like new.

So don't worry.

thank you very much, 

On 9/25/2017 at 2:50 PM, Rumesh88 said:

Is it your budget the only selection criteria? What about the  other  things? If I may list down some in random order,

- Features, for me it is GP5

- Driving pleasure, again it is GP5

- Fuel economy, for city driving  it is Aqua. At highway speeds GP5 performs better.

- Interior, GP5 it is. Aqua interior is tasteless.

- Trend, GP5 is much preferred by the younger generation

- Reliability, Aqua it is. GP5 has duel clutch transmission (DCT) which gives better driving experience over Toyota's Power Split Device (PSD) drive, but DCT  can fail prematurely unless you are very careful with maintenance. However one cannot call it a "defect" although there has been recalls and firmware updates. It is something inherent to clutch based transmissions. PSD is much more reliable.

- Overall maintenance cost, Aqua is more economical.

- Resale value, well everybody in SL knows it.

This is for clarification. Isn't Prius and Aqua using the same transmission system ? CVT ?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, trish_auto said:

This is for clarification. Isn't Prius and Aqua using the same transmission system ? CVT ?

Both Prius and Aqua use Toyota PSD transmission. It is not a conventional CVT (based on a belt and two conical pulleys) but what they call as a eCVT.  It is just a set of planetary gears but under electronic control. 

9 minutes ago, Rumesh88 said:

Both Prius and Aqua use Toyota PSD transmission. It is not a conventional CVT (based on a belt and two conical pulleys) but what they call as a eCVT.  It is just a set of planetary gears but under electronic control. 

Thank you.  Actually what Toyota models  actually using conventional CVT ?

https://priuschat.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fi653.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fuu256%2Fjayman_photo%2FPrius%20Stuff%2FPriusHSDassembledtomotor.jpg&hash=f6ea7d0f4844b9ef7901a51d5903b792

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, Buddhi_1 said:

Thank you! In my case i’m willing to buy a used vezel. So how could i make sure that car DCT is in good condition?? Can it recognized by a inspection?

One simple thing is buddi, check the service history. Then you can have idea on the way previous owner maintained it(DCT). Almost everybody who maintain his vehicle properly and loving the stuff always keep a file of maintenance records. Just buy vehicles only on that kind of users then you will never be trouble with any technology.

• Thanks 1

i once owned a fit gp1. its a simple car dont have many computer stuff going around. simple hybrid. but i recommend the aqua because to me its gives the modern feeling and with all the lights coming up :P + gives great kmpl better than a honda for sure.  these cars are small and can go fast like a v6 engine :P so be careful  when driving <3  

• Thanks 1